Author Topic: would brandan wright have helped marcus -would Zeller have helped  (Read 2011 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Would wright have been effective helping against jarrrett jack playing as forward.Brad Stevens has been put in very difficult position in one sense but no matter what he does it's win win .Lose while playing rookies, the losses experimenting and showcasing just get us better players and in the end celts wind up in better draft position. The team has been entertaining for the most part.Except against heat-This season is like the movie usual suspects.

Re: would brandan wright have helped marcus -would Zeller have helped
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jack did  a lot of his damage from the outside in yesterday's game, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Not sure how a different playing center would have helped with that

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jack did  a lot of his damage from the outside in yesterday's game, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I think he means on defending the high screen and roll, as both Wright and Zeller are more athletic. This means they'll be able to hedge better on Jack and rotate faster on the screener once Smart would rotate to Jack.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Thanks Eddie-TP for that----if brandan wright is in vicinity he is always is threat of being disruptive from blocks  to just altering shots

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think he means on defending the high screen and roll, as both Wright and Zeller are more athletic. This means they'll be able to hedge better on Jack and rotate faster on the screener once Smart would rotate to Jack.
Still think it would have made little difference in the game.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Probably, but isn't that the sort of thing a coach should try?

Mike

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i don't think it would've helped much. JJ was making all the right decisions anyway. But I would want to see more of wright in general. Strikes me as a guy who doesn't make many mistakes on both ends of the floor.

- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:31:01 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Sometimes shots fall.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

some real questions so i can learn more...

do you say this because:

1. wright is not a good enough player to have made a difference?
2. no one could have stopped jack, it was just one of the nights when a guy lights it up.
3. given the defensive tactics of the celtics, wright still would not have made a difference.
4. some of the above or none of the above.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva