Author Topic: Sully and Green  (Read 1949 times)

Sully and Green
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:50:22 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
CSN had a thing about "double trouble" tonight.  They both scored a lot but efficiently too and didn't turn the ball over.  It didn't amount to a win but I kind of like that one.  I'm not sure what that is going to amount to but this team needs some identity. "Double Trouble" I like it.

Re: Sully and Green
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
It's going to be interesting what Ainge does here. This team needs identity and has chemistry issues right now.  Green still plays disinterested at times.  I'd still think about moving Green for Hayward if that is at all possible.  We could use some leadership and at least one staple before we go into draft mode.  I don't know though.  Sully and Green as double trouble is kind of appealing.   That's where Ainge has some really tough choices how he's actually going to build this thing.

Will double trouble last here or will the band be broken up before they even get started?

I think the nickname is  perfect because Sully was an untouchable fan favorite and Green has been anything but and they both left together at the same time.  That creates chemisty imo.

We could keep both make moves some completely other way right now.  KO, Bradley, Smart all these guys. James Young needs to play. Zeller is playing well. Wright is interesting. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:20:49 AM by piercetruth34 »

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Sully on the inside,  Green on the outside (Serge Leone western reference)
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the nickname is  perfect because Sully was an untouchable fan favorite and Green has been anything but and they both left together at the same time.  That creates chemisty imo.

Too bad nicknames don't win games.   If only it was that easy.

Sully was terrible in the fourth, I thought they both had good first halfs.

Green took two shots in the fourth and made one.   Sully took five and made two of them.   He also had a charge at a critical juncture and the NETS went on a attack the rim binge when he was in the lost post.   Their first half was awesome.   Their fourth, not so much.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Sully on the inside,  Green on the outside (Serge Leone western reference)
There's no other way. One of us will have to join Indio's gang.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Not to be a party pooper but am I the only one that eventually wants Sully traded?

I'm not bashing his poor performance in the 4th in the Nets game (or any of his performances actually). I think he's a real solid player and a terrific teammate. I'm just worried about his health.

Granted, he hasn't shown any inclination yet that his back would give up, but I feel like his career is a time bomb. I feel like after 2-3 years (when he's due an extension and we will likely give it to him), the injury bug will catch up and hit him hard. I'm thinking nearly career-ending. I guess I just don't want the C's to be the team holding onto him when that happens. I'd prefer to deal him when his value is high (aka the time when people don't want him traded because he's doing well), such as maybe in this upcoming off-season or the next.

- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 09:36:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Not to be a party pooper but am I the only one that eventually wants Sully traded?

I'm not bashing his poor performance in the 4th in the Nets game (or any of his performances actually). I think he's a real solid player and a terrific teammate. I'm just worried about his health.

Granted, he hasn't shown any inclination yet that his back would give up, but I feel like his career is a time bomb. I feel like after 2-3 years (when he's due an extension and we will likely give it to him), the injury bug will catch up and hit him hard. I'm thinking nearly career-ending. I guess I just don't want the C's to be the team holding onto him when that happens. I'd prefer to deal him when his value is high (aka the time when people don't want him traded because he's doing well), such as maybe in this upcoming off-season or the next.
There are quite a few things that make me skeptical of Sully, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. He is on a rookie contract, has an upside, and IMO is a keeper.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I certainly see your point, and I would probably trade Sully right now if the right deal came along. I like Sully quite a bit but it is not his back that worries me, but but his weight and perhaps work ethic (I am going on NOTHING when I make that assertion but if his recent play is any indication, it may be more  matter of effort than anything else.).   His numbers are a lot like last year but I was really hoping Sully was going to take it to the next level this year. I don't see that happening so I've reached the conclusion that what you see right now is what Sully will always be, not a lot more upside.  He is a more offensively talented version of Leon Powe. Trade him.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 10:23:51 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Green grabbed a rebound last night.

I almost fainted in shock.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Brad Stevens needs to play both of 'em in situations tailored for each's success or else they each will have no trade value if either is playing poorly in games, benched for stretches or sleep walking through games.