Author Topic: OKC and Celtics trade idea - Jackson to Celtics  (Read 4026 times)

OKC and Celtics trade idea - Jackson to Celtics
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
At the trade deadline

To OKC: Green, Thornton, Nelson, 2nd round pick
To Celtics: PJ3, Jackson, Ish Smith, Perkins (waived)

Celtics lineup

C- Zeller
PF - Sully
SF - PJ3
SG - Marcus Smart
PG - Reggie Jackson

Bench

C- KO
PF- Bass/Wright
SF - Young/Crowder
SG - AB
PG - Turner/Pressey

Reserve
Ish Smith, Wallace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h5iY9_xfmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4DwzHhbfVY

Re: OKC and Celtics trade idea - Jackson to Celtics
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »

Offline birdman33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
No picks Jackson PJ3 and Perk for Green & Nelson works

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:50:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No picks Jackson PJ3 and Perk for Green & Nelson works

OKC i doubt will do this trade without a pick or two.  Green might just turn out to be a rental.

He would be a big boost for their playoff run though

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'd like to see Bradley go instead of Thornton if we're planning on having a Jackson and Smart backcourt. Bradley is an ideal pair with Westbrook, but I'm not sure who would play the two with Green there too.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd like to see Bradley go instead of Thornton if we're planning on having a Jackson and Smart backcourt. Bradley is an ideal pair with Westbrook, but I'm not sure who would play the two with Green there too.

Danny likes AB and Thornton is the guy he is going to look to trade. Don't think Thornton will be back next season. Just the Celtics and Thornton are going on a different path

OKC has a hurting bench right now.  If they are serious about making a run, getting Thornton, Nelson and Green would be big for okc imo

Have Green start with Westbrook at the backcourt.  Ibaka at pf, Adams at C and Durant at SF.  It would be a nightmare of a lineup to deal with

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Celtics Receive: Kendrick Perkins (Waived immediately), Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, Shawne Williams, Perry Jones

Thunder Receive: Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson, Boston's '15 Second Rounder (via Wizards)

Heat Receive: Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 01:41:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Celtics Receive: Kendrick Perkins (Waived immediately), Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, Shawne Williams, Perry Jones

Thunder Receive: Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson, Boston's '15 Second Rounder (via Wizards)

Heat Receive: Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk

replace Olynyk with Sullinger

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 01:44:01 AM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
I think that could work, too. Why Sully instead?

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:47:14 AM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
Updated Trade:

Heat Receive: Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 02:33:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Updated Trade:

Heat Receive: Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger

Starting Lineup

C- Zeller
PF- KO
SF- PJ3
SG -Smart
PG- Jackson

Looks good

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Durant will be back and I don't think okc would dump Jackson as they did Harden. I believe they learned from that past mistake. Jackson, Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Adams are going to be a hard 5 to stop.

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 04:09:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Durant will be back and I don't think okc would dump Jackson as they did Harden. I believe they learned from that past mistake. Jackson, Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Adams are going to be a hard 5 to stop.

unfortunately the 5 you have listed is not the starting unit currently.   JAckson is coming off the bench since Westbrook as comeback. The bench is not good to help okc go far into the playoffs. Jackson does not want to come off the bench and wants to start at the pg position.   OKC may not be able to afford his next contract

With the right offer i think Jackson can be pulled from OKC

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 04:14:32 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

unfortunately the 5 you have listed is not the starting unit currently.   JAckson is coming off the bench since Westbrook as comeback. The bench is not good to help okc go far into the playoffs. Jackson does not want to come off the bench and wants to start at the pg position.   OKC may not be able to afford his next contract

Coaches fault it isn't like Brooks and Jackson aren't great together. Seems they are trying to force a sixth man ginobli type role on Jackson.  They should just start Jackson with Westbrook as they did one time in playoffs. Put out your best five.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I prefer Jackson over Isiah Thomas but I'm not sure I really want Jackson.  His numbers overall aren't that good and his shooting percentages are poor.  He'll also be an RFA so you'll have to be willing to overpay for him, maybe significantly overpay, to keep him.  Would you pay him 4yr/40-48mil?  Perry Jones has had ample opportunities to step up in Durant's absence but the Clipper's game is really the only time he did.  He's 6'11'' but is a more anemic rebounder than Jeff Green is.  I'd take him as a throw in but I'm not really interested in someone that big who puts so little effort in rebounding. 

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

I like this deal. Not sure OKC will opt to trade Perkins though. Both OKC and Perk knows he's not worth 9 mil next year (especially since he's coming off the bench now). BUT, on top of his good defense, he's a crucial piece to their team chemistry and is a great locker room guy. I think they'll let his contract expire, re-sign him for less, and sign a FA to bolster their bench.

If that happens maybe we can get Green to opt in and do a S&T for Jackson & PJ3. Ainge should try and pry Lamb away too. OKC has a 4.15 mil TPE they can use to absorb either Nelson or Turner.

S&T candidates for both teams:

BOS: Green, Thornton, Bass, Turner, Nelson, Crowder
OKC: Jackson, PJ3, Lamb, Smith

Could send OKC a nice package using any of the above players. Bass could command less $$$ as a FA next year. Thornton might get less as well. I think a Green, Bass, Turner, & Nelson S&T for Jackson, PJ3, & Lamb works. C's get a TPE for Turner as well. I prefer we give up a good enough package that allows us the right to swap our 2015 Clippers 1st rd pk w/ OKC's 2015 1st rd pk. I would even add a second rounder or 2 (preferably ones we got from a non lottery teams) to make sure we get that pick if I have to. C's would have the bird rights to Lamb and Jones making it easier to re-sign them and keep some extra cap space.