Author Topic: Dion Waiters  (Read 1668 times)

Dion Waiters
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:04 PM »

Offline primetime

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm a long-time lurker, but made an account solely to post the vine below:

https://vine.co/v/OHDjYbBiO9q

Thanks, but no thanks.

Re: Dion Waiters
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
HAHAHAHAHA TP for that gem.

I wonder what Detroit's face expert would say about that reaction on Waiters face. LOL

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Thanks, but no thanks.

Another example of people reading too much into things.  I wouldn't care if he stomped his feet when he didn't get the ball.  Waiters would be the best SG on the Celtics.  I judge a player by his talent on the court, not by his expressions. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »

Offline primetime

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5

Thanks, but no thanks.

Another example of people reading too much into things.  I wouldn't care if he stomped his feet when he didn't get the ball.  Waiters would be the best SG on the Celtics.  I judge a player by his talent on the court, not by his expressions. 

I hear you. Given that we're in the "acquiring assets" phase, Waiters is an asset who would provide some punch. But regardless of his natural talent level, you'll have a hard time convincing me that he's a key component on a winning team, or at least the kind that Ainge/Stevens are trying to build.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm no fan of DW but I see nothing wrong here, I have seen worse from him. The problem was LBJ standing there dancing with the ball like an idiot for an hour!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »

Offline birdman33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Waiters doesn't add any value. We don't need another guard that can't shoot. Need  Reggie Jackson, or Goran Dragic

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

Thanks, but no thanks.

Really?! THAT was why you made an account? To post that?! Insightful...truly.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 11:54:48 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Waiters doesn't add any value. We don't need another guard that can't shoot. Need  Reggie Jackson, or Goran Dragic

They need Steph Curry and Harden too but like Jackson and Dragic, they will be a little harder to obtain than Waiters.  There's a difference between reality and fantasy.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.