Author Topic: Jarrett Jack killed us!!!  (Read 6861 times)

Jarrett Jack killed us!!!
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I don't think one of his shots caught any rim. every shot was all net.

why does it seem we're missing so many shots even although we scored 107 points and shot 51%??? getting a little tired of holding the lead all game and dropping the game at the end!!!

Re: Jarrett Jack killed us!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
It wasn't off of lack of defense (for the most part). He just had it going. Seems like every game we make someone from the other team MVP  ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Our guards are too small.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Our defense is really atrocious. It is time to get CBS an assistant to concentrate on defense.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Jarrett Jack is one of my favorite non-Celtics.

He is a stand-up guy who believes in honor and loyalty. He was one of the VERY few NBA players who had the stones to publicly call out Judas Shuttlesworth as a traitor . (Many players did it, but didn't have the sack to do it like Jack did.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/07/jarrett-jack-calls-ray-allen-traitor-for-signing-with-heat/1#.VJ4uksDA

New Orleans Hornets guard Jarrett Jack took to Twitter Friday night and called Allen "a traitor" for agreeing to a three-year contract with the new NBA champions:

"Am I wrong for thinking ray allen is a traitor for signing with his rival team the heat? Tell me what u think!!!!!!"

The Heat eliminated the Celtics from the playoffs in each of the last two seasons.

In 2011, Miami ousted Boston 4-1 in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last month, the Heat defeated the Celtics in a grueling seven-game series in the Eastern Conference finals on their way to winning the second NBA title in franchise history.

Much respect for Jarrett Jack.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »

Offline birdman33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Yeah where is that famous Avery Bradley defense?

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 11:21:54 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Resigning Bradley was a huge mistake.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Marcus Smart was guarding Jack for a good part of the game.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

birdman, this is where you type "ooops" and then click on the post button.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 02:15:08 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jack worked the screens and picks almost every time down and C's bigs just let him come right into paint and shoot. I know first hand that picks when well executed are unmatched by skill or effort of any one man no matter how great a defender. Getting picked all game Sucks. Smart showed a lot of heart the game despite the little defensive help. I've been there. Wonder if he will keep composure if he starts seeing double and trap picks/screens. I sure wouldn't for a whole game.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 02:41:28 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I was going to make a more generalized post about the time it takes PG's to adjust to the NBA game. I didn't because I've gotten negged here a lot recently.  :P  But if I had, the question would've come from watching Jack tear it up today. Smart guarded him the majority of the game, not Bradley. And while I've always loved Jack, and he took every opportunity he saw and played well in general, I think it showed how far away Smart is from being that guy.

Will give Smart credit with some nice plays on the ball, including that steal and long assist. He anticipates well. But 1 on 1 with a vet player (above avg vet player, I'd say), he was badly exposed. Gonna take some time...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 02:48:47 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I said a long time back that we should invest in some coaches to pump up the defense and also how nice it would be to still have Tom Thibodeau but I was told that defense was over rated!!!

we need consistency on defense because sometimes players get lazy and we play like a sieve.   

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 02:50:51 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I said a long time back that we should invest in some coaches to pump up the defense and also how nice it would be to still have Tom Thibodeau but I was told that defense was over rated!!!

we need consistency on defense because sometimes players get lazy and we play like a sieve.

Man, if we still had Thibs, we'd be in the 6th or 7th seed spot. Truly believe that.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 02:58:57 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I was going to make a more generalized post about the time it takes PG's to adjust to the NBA game. I didn't because I've gotten negged here a lot recently.  :P  But if I had, the question would've come from watching Jack tear it up today. Smart guarded him the majority of the game, not Bradley. And while I've always loved Jack, and he took every opportunity he saw and played well in general, I think it showed how far away Smart is from being that guy.

Will give Smart credit with some nice plays on the ball, including that steal and long assist. He anticipates well. But 1 on 1 with a vet player (above avg vet player, I'd say), he was badly exposed. Gonna take some time...
I disagree with him being exposed.  Getting picked all game is not one on one. The bigs have to step up wasn't all on Smart.

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 03:09:45 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I disagree with him being exposed.  Getting picked all game is not one on one. The bigs have to step up wasn't all on Smart.

He got to the FT line 10+ times. And he wasn't scoring on P&Rs... it was all penetration and pull-up jumpers. Can't blame the bigs for any of that... that's on Smart. He hit a lot of tough shots... Smart did contest... but he was still burying them over him. Should've have let him get as deep as he did to take those shots, in the first place.