Author Topic: Free Brandon Bass  (Read 8141 times)

Re: Brandon Bass
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
When is the deadline by which you have to acquire a player if you want him to be playoff eligible? 

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Wright is better.

Play Wright and let Bass sit.
:-\
Really?
Wowzer
So who has been our most consistent player this year?
I'd say one of three guys taking into account playing time
Brandon bass
Tyler zeller
Jeff green (go figure)

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Its not the fact that Wright is better than Bass, its about Wright brings more of what this team needs.
We should be taking a good look at Wright, we know what Bass brings to the show.

I like Bass, I think he can help a contender that needs a PF that can come off the bench and score, play pretty fair D, and hustle. I'd like to get something for him though.

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Wright is better.

Really?
Wowzer
Brandon bass
Tyler zeller
Jeff green (go figure)

Chris22 is a what you call an internet troll.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Wright is better.

Play Wright and trade let Bass sit.
Fixed.  ;D
And, yes, I know Bass is a consistent player, but we've been trying to trade him for the last gazillion years which suggests something. Hope we turn lucky this time.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Wright is better.

Really?
Wowzer
Brandon bass
Tyler zeller
Jeff green (go figure)

Are you just looking at offense? Because his team defense is awful. As soon as he came in yesterday, the Nets started their comeback. Now he got his 4 pts on offense and shot 100%. But it was a layup fest at the other end.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Free Brandon Bass
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
This team is going to prepare everyday to win the game

Stevens is talking in circles with this current roster....He said nobody is going to be handed a spot in the rotation, but that is clearly what happened with Wright. Bass has been incredibly consistent in how he plays the game, but played his way out of the rotation? Doesn't make sense.

I get it that they need to evaluate players, but then don't come out and say the opposite. Just punt when asked about the rotation or say that we need give people PT to evaluate them...don't say one thing and then clearly do the opposite.

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 09:18:25 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
these Mavs guys are being showcased. don't fall in love.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Have you no heart?
Free the poor man...

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Why showcase players who have been around for many years and already got playing time this season with a contender?
Still, I see your point, they might get traded anytime. Never forget who our GM is.

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Why showcase players who have been around for many years and already got playing time this season with a contender?
Still, I see your point, they might get traded anytime. Never forget who our GM is.

everything I heard when this deal was being made was that the C's were looking for guys they could possibly trade again by the deadline.

personally, I say why risk getting them injured then.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Agreed.  The Celtics are not a charity to give away good players.  If a team wants the services of one Brandon Bass they must offer assets that would help improve our young team.  We are in rebuild mode and need to use all the trade chips that we have.

The Celtics don't owe Brandon Bass anything.  They are a developing team and the coach's job right now is to develop young players.  You also ever think the reason Bass doesn't get much play is because he might get injured and they don't want that because then he becomes untradeable.

why would you release Bass? You don't just cut a player 2 months short of the trade deadline , or even after that . He is under contract . If you cut him , what you are basically saying is that just because we are a bad team we are going to be good guys and cut a player without getting anything in return

Screw that

If you don't give us at least a 2nd rd pick we are keeping him until the end of the year , good luck trying to find a player as good as Bass for your playoff run .

Like I said he is under s contract that he signed, we shouldn't cut him just to help other teams out and make him happy . He can go join a contender next year when he is a free agent if he wants.

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Bass is our 5th best big and it's pretty clear at this point that he will not return any sort of asset. He's injury or trade insurance and possibly trade filler as an expiring. Hopefully Brad stops going to the Bass well as much as Wright is integrated more and Sullinger regains some form.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Agreed.  The Celtics are not a charity to give away good players.  If a team wants the services of one Brandon Bass they must offer assets that would help improve our young team.  We are in rebuild mode and need to use all the trade chips that we have.

The Celtics don't owe Brandon Bass anything.  They are a developing team and the coach's job right now is to develop young players.  You also ever think the reason Bass doesn't get much play is because he might get injured and they don't want that because then he becomes untradeable.

why would you release Bass? You don't just cut a player 2 months short of the trade deadline , or even after that . He is under contract . If you cut him , what you are basically saying is that just because we are a bad team we are going to be good guys and cut a player without getting anything in return

Screw that

If you don't give us at least a 2nd rd pick we are keeping him until the end of the year , good luck trying to find a player as good as Bass for your playoff run .

Like I said he is under s contract that he signed, we shouldn't cut him just to help other teams out and make him happy . He can go join a contender next year when he is a free agent if he wants.

I disagree.. The Celtics owe all their players good faith and fair dealing. It is something that is implied in all employment contracts. If Bass is playing well enough then he should be on the court. In addition the Celtics owe the fans and the NBA to put the very best product on the court. JMHO

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/12/brandon_bass_boston_celtics_pl.html

Before continuing: head coach Brad Stevens called Bass "phenomenal" in dealing with the minimized minutes, citing that "he comes to work, he does the same thing every single day." Bass has always earned his professional label. Last season he won the Red Auerbach award, given to the player who best represents what it means to be a Celtic on and off the court.

"Like I said earlier, I just control what I can control and just try to look at everything as a blessing. This is my 10th season. I done seen a lot. Some people don’t even get to go through what I’ve gone through in my career, so I look at something good out of everything, you know what I’m saying?"

He added: "I think it’s just my job to control what I can control. And what I can control is how hard I work and how much I improve every day. I would just say about the whole situation, perception is something else, man.”