Author Topic: Free Brandon Bass  (Read 8156 times)

Free Brandon Bass
« on: December 26, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't think the Celtics are handling this situation correctly...

All this guy does is come to play every night. He does not showboat, does not cause any controversy. He works hard on defense and produces on offense, yet the Cs show him no respect. Today for example he does not get into the game until  2 minutes into the fourth quarter.

If he does not fit into your plans then let the man go. I hope this treatment of Brandon Bass does not give Cs a bad image amongst free agents.

Even a bad act like Josh Smith gets released from his contract and gets a soft landing on a good team. Why does  a god guy like Bass have to suffer, and why at the hands of the Celtics.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:38:59 PM by Ogaju »

Re: Brandon Bass
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I think this team has no future plans for him. Danny is just waiting for someone to offer a pick or trade exception for him. If Danny doesn't get either, he will let that contract expire and use the cap space.

This leaves Stevens in a bind, like we saw today. Wright should be getting those minutes but Stevens is to nice of a guy to bury Bass on the bench for the whole game.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
He did bury him on the Bench essentially for the whole game. Just release the guy already so he can be picked up by a team that needs him. We need goodwill for free agents to see that we take care of our players.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 06:03:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
He did bury him on the Bench essentially for the whole game. Just release the guy already so he can be picked up by a team that needs him. We need goodwill for free agents to see that we take care of our players.

I would after the trade deadline. Until then, he must rot on the bench unless someone gets hurt.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Wright is better.

Play Wright and let Bass sit.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Are you serious? Not playing Brandon Bass until the 4th quarter in 1 out of 82 games is going to hurt our chances of signing free agents? Because I am sure all the free agents out there are checking Bradon Bass' box score to see why we were so mean to him .

Last year it was no free agent will sign here because we were shopping Rondo

Last week it was no free agent will want to sign here because we traded Rondo

It's so silly

No free agent will sign here cause we stink, unless we overpay for them. Our rebuild is most likely coming through the draft and trades.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I don't think the Celtics are handling this situation correctly...

All this guy does is come to play every night. He does not showboat, does not cause any controversy. He works hard on defense and produces on offense, yet the Cs show him no respect. Today for example he does not get into the game until  2 minutes into the fourth quarter.

If he does not fit into your plans then let the man go. I hope this treatment of Brandon Bass does not give Cs a bad image amongst free agents.

Even a bad act like Josh Smith gets released from his contract and gets a soft landing on a good team. Why does  a god guy like Bass have to suffer, and why at the hands of the Celtics.
tp!
yes i think we all agree that bass doesn't belong on this current roster
HOWEVER he is not gerald wallace.  You can argue Bass is as good as any power forward on our team.  I'd assume a works is in motion and that is why he didn't play.  Bass has been a good player for us and improved during his tenure here.  I hope we can move him to a playoff team.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 06:46:58 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Trade Bass to a contender, that's the least that Danny Ainge could do, or release him of his contract. Let a contender pick him up.

That man has been nothing but a professional since he got here, he works hard everyday, never complains and just does his job as he should.

I'd rather see him in a different uniform, than to see him rotting in our bench.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
why would you release Bass? You don't just cut a player 2 months short of the trade deadline , or even after that . He is under contract . If you cut him , what you are basically saying is that just because we are a bad team we are going to be good guys and cut a player without getting anything in return

Screw that

If you don't give us at least a 2nd rd pick we are keeping him until the end of the year , good luck trying to find a player as good as Bass for your playoff run .

Like I said he is under s contract that he signed, we shouldn't cut him just to help other teams out and make him happy . He can go join a contender next year when he is a free agent if he wants.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Then play him...he deserves to play.

He is better than players you are rolling out there on a constant basis.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 06:57:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

it was one game  , Sully and KO need to develop . The objective on this team shouldn't be play Bass to the detriment of developing our young prospects/assets .

He will continue to get 20-25 mins a game until we find a trade for him .

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 07:01:33 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

This is a business. Right now you're trying to figure out what works. You don't release players just to release them. You stay patient in the process & let things play out.

Bass has to much value to just release him. No way that happens. Stay patient. It will sort itself out in time.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Everyone deserves free food, but they don't get it. The hard working employee deserves a promotion, but they are spurned by the company because a man who is supporting a family "deserves" it more. The hard worker does nothing and keeps working harder, knowing his day will come.

Sometimes things that are deserved are not given, whether due to logistics or corruption. Most of the time, the quiet, hardworking ones suffer. I'm sure Danny is trying to trade Bass, but until then, he is just another guy not getting his fair share due to circumstances. 

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
They owe Brandon Bass the amount stipulated on his contract.   Depending on the internal goals of the team, they'll play him more or less over the remainder of the season or until he's traded.  He is not Josh Smith by any reasonable comparison -- potential talent, attitude, salary... bad comparison to a guy who is addition by subtraction.   

I think Bass will go to a team that wants him by the deadline because he is a valuable role player.  But if he doesn't, CBS and DA treatment of him will have zero effect on future FA's to Boston.   I do believe the C's will be in the mix for quality FA's when they get a lot better.  Unfortunately, weather will always be a negative variable when competing against LA, Miami and other warm/fun destinations.   The "Brandon Bass factor" will be a non-issue.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Wright is better.

Play Wright and let Bass sit.

Yeah. That Wright can dunk the ball way better than Bass. He should be starting and playing 40 minutes.  ::)