Author Topic: A go to scorer! My kingdom for a go to scorer!  (Read 1782 times)

A go to scorer! My kingdom for a go to scorer!
« on: December 26, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
It is killing us in games not having someone to get the ball to and let them go to work. Well that and letting Jarrett Jack look like an all-star. He ripped Smart apart on offense. Back to my point, we really need someone who can score one on one. I know they do not grow on trees but that seems to be a greater problem than rim protection.

Re: A go to scorer! My kingdom for a go to scorer!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Maybe this is forced to put here but despite Smart's presence and Karl Towns' athleticism, I want Mudiay all day should we be lucky enough to have a shot at him this June. I'm on board with the cliche "He's got that extra gear like Wall and Westbrook" take, and really think he's going to be a top 5-10 player in a few years.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Maybe this is forced to put here but despite Smart's presence and Karl Towns' athleticism, I want Mudiay all day should we be lucky enough to have a shot at him this June. I'm on board with the cliche "He's got that extra gear like Wall and Westbrook" take, and really think he's going to be a top 5-10 player in a few years.

Mudiay is my favorite right now (edit: if we have a top 3 pick, obviously) as well because it seems like he's the best player available. Of course he's fortunate to be playing overseas where none of us can ravage his game like we have with Okafor or Towns or any other NCAA prospects.

Still, Mudiay has great size and terrific athleticism. Him and Smart in the backcourt could be a terror, and it seems like great backcourts are all the rage right now.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'm in the same boat.  Towns looks great, but Mudiay looks like one of those can't miss guys.  If there weren't so many good PGs in the league, I think he'd be more in this discussion for the #1 pick
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am not sure but it looks like the go to scorer thread may have been JACKED!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:17:59 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I haven't watched Mudiay, but what makes you think he's more valuable to us than Okafor or Towns?
Also, we'd have to get really lucky to get a top 5 pick even if we spend the rest of the season doing passive tanking. Well, if Mudiay has a car accident the day before the draft, then we are talking.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73