Author Topic: Trade Idea: Cle - Bos  (Read 2392 times)

Trade Idea: Cle - Bos
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
This would have to be done as two separate trades and only after a restriction on Turner expires on Dec 28 (based on what I think the trade machines were trying to tell me):

Wright for Waiters, Turner for Haywood and Memphis pick.

Summary:

Wright and Turner
for
Waiters, Haywood, Memphis Pick

Clev gets the big that they need and also get Turner to play veteran minutes at SG and SF (and maybe a little PG if they want to experiment with that).  I think Turner would be an upgrade over Waiters at least in terms of versatility.

We get Waiters, a promising player who has not fulfilled his promise but seems like a better timeline for this team than Turner.  Then we also get a pick and an expiring/non-guaranteed contract that is supposed to have some trade value next season.

I think this works because we likely lose Wright this off season anyway but you also have to see more value in Waiters than Turner, which I suspect will not be the case with everyone.  I see it as Turner is more of a veteran and has more immediate value to Cle but Waiters is younger (23 vs. 26) and may have more upside for us.

Re: Trade Idea: Cle - Bos
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:11:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I want no part of Waiters so for me this is a no-go.  no problem trading wright and turner but not for Waiters

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't see C's taking the deal. It's fair though. I just think when Green is gone we will need Turner.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i asked the question on another thread about trading wright.  according the the answer given, at this point, he can't be packaged, but must be alone in a deal.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
It's not a bad trade at all, we do lose some versatility though and Jeff Green insurance, if Crowder is someone that they are comfortable with then it makes even more sense.  I like what I have seen from Crowder so far, I wish the first didn't have all of the protections though.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not bad.

A few days ago I had also mentioned Bradley and Sully for Waiters and Thompson after Jan 15.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
i asked the question on another thread about trading wright.  according the the answer given, at this point, he can't be packaged, but must be alone in a deal.

ReamGM Trade Checker allowed Wright to be traded straight up for Waiters (but not in combination as you say).  I don't know any more than that about the restrictions.  That is why I presented this as two separate trades.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

ReamGM Trade Checker allowed Wright to be traded straight up for Waiters (but not in combination as you say).  I don't know any more than that about the restrictions.  That is why I presented this as two separate trades.

I was under the impression that he could be traded fully come trade deadline, is this not the case?

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Also happening in this deal: RAJON RONDO TRADE EXCEPTION TRADED TO CLEVELAND; CELTICS ACQUIRE MEMPHIS FIRST ROUND PICK

The Celtics can make multiple deals with the Cavs. Wright can only be traded by himself in any deal.