Author Topic: Celtics-Raptors Trade Idea  (Read 3103 times)

Celtics-Raptors Trade Idea
« on: December 26, 2014, 02:35:01 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l62mb35

What do you guys think? I think it's a good tank trade for us get some nice young prospects at position of need.  Toronto trots out one of the most balanced starting lineups in the league. Maybe we could get a pick thrown out way.

Boston 5

Smart-AB-Ross-KO-Zeller

Toronto 5

Lowry-Derozan-Green-Sullinger-Valanciuanas
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Celtics-Raptors Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 02:47:02 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wish that we could get Bruno Caboclo in any such deal, but something (common sense, haha ;D) tells me that it will take a lot more than Jeff Green to get that kid, lol.

Edit - sorry, I didn't click on the link before posting this, lol. ;D Oopsy.  Interesting idea, though - TP.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 02:59:18 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
How did Lucas Nogueira get to Toronto, btw?  I thought that we traded him to Dallas for KO, and I can't remember a deal between the Mavs and Raptors involving him, but then again, it's late and I'm tired, lol. ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
How did Lucas Nogueira get to Toronto, btw?  I thought that we traded him to Dallas for KO, and I can't remember a deal between the Mavs and Raptors involving him, but then again, it's late and I'm tired, lol. ;D

Yes, he never made it to Dallas. On draft night, he ended up a Hawk in a deal that let Dallas end up with Shane Larkin.

He moved to Toronto when the Hawks wanted to dump the last year of Lou Williams deal (which worked out great for the Raptors as he came back to life). They got Williams and Nogueira for a second round pick and the John Salmons.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l62mb35

What do you guys think? I think it's a good tank trade for us get some nice young prospects at position of need.  Toronto trots out one of the most balanced starting lineups in the league. Maybe we could get a pick thrown out way.

Boston 5

Smart-AB-Ross-KO-Zeller

Toronto 5

Lowry-Derozan-Green-Sullinger-Valanciuanas

Pretty dramatic roster shift for a team that is leading the conference. You are turning over 1/3 of their roster and 40% of their starting 5. Just trying to integrate that many bodies into the lineup midseason is enough to take a team from the top to also-ran status.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No way Raptors do this deal.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Celtics Receive: Larry Sanders, Terrence Ross, Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo, Damien Inglis

Bucks Receive: Jeff Green, Phil Pressey, Evan Turner, Celtics 2015 Second Rounder (via Washington)

Raptors Receive: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
No because Sully is included. 1. Its not nearly enough to part ways with Sully.  2.  Never trade Sully.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Celtics Receive: Larry Sanders, Terrence Ross, Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo, Damien Inglis

Bucks Receive: Jeff Green, Phil Pressey, Evan Turner, Celtics 2015 Second Rounder (via Washington)

Raptors Receive: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger

No possibility whatsoever lol.  You took an already unrealistic trade and made it more unrealistic.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Celtics: Larry Sanders, Terrence Ross, Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo, Damien Inglis

Bucks: Jeff Green, Phil Pressey, Evan Turner, Lou Williams, Celtics 2015 Second Rounder (via Washington)

Raptors: Kelly Olynyk, Brandon Bass, Jameer Nelson

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm not really sure I'm a fan of it for either side.