Author Topic: Goodbye Dwight Powell  (Read 918 times)

Goodbye Dwight Powell
« on: December 25, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I only realized we traded Powell while reading this article
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12049188/nba-boston-celtics-get-better-rajon-rondo-dallas-mavericks-deal
It sure makes sense because we waived only one player (Faverani), and had we not traded Powell there would not be enough place in our roster to accommodate the newcomers. Still, I feel it is time to shed a tear for this unsung Celtics hero  :'(
Remember  our heated debates in the preseason about his potential? 

Re: Goodbye Dwight Powell
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
merry christmas greece, i wish your christmas was not marked by powell-driven-depression.  ;)

i too looked forward to seeing whether powell would become a credible nba player, just as i have hopes for pressey. it is fun sometimes to root for the underdog.

having said that, powell is one of a long, long string of marginal celtics adopted by cb. so dont worry, next season will bring new binkies and fan-favorite long shots into the fold.

until then, cheer on the kids and my beloved pressey.  ;D

oh, and a tp for your christmas present.

P.S. since you do such cool videos, maybe you can post one to express your depression and loss...ala pagliacci.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva