Author Topic: What do you think of these trades to bring in Waiters and 2 more 1st round picks  (Read 4454 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm trying to decide if shooting Waiters in the face will end threads suggesting trades for him or unleash a spate of "buy low" trade ideas.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm trying to decide if shooting Waiters in the face will end threads suggesting trades for him or unleash a spate of "buy low" trade ideas.

Bold.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
both trades suck.

Green and Thornton for Waiters who is crap, 'fillers' which is a polite term for crap and a protected first.  horrible.

Sully and Turner to Utah without getting any of Favors, Kanter or Gobert is pointless and horrid.

your goal of getting 9 first rounders in the next 3 years may be your dream come true but what's the point?  most will be out of the lottery and we'll be adding fringe rotation players at best (if they were on a good team).  I don't get your desire to become even worse just to continue to add low-quality players nor the desire to rely on lottery luck as the sole basis for improving this team