Author Topic: What do you think of these trades to bring in Waiters and 2 more 1st round picks  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Trade ideas

1)  To Grizzlies - Jeff Green, Celtics 2nd
     To Cavs - Koufus , Thornton
     To Celtics - Waiters, Fillers (waived), 2015 Grizzlies 1st

2)  To  Jazz - Sullinger, Evan Turner
     To  Celtics - Booker, Rodney Hood, 1st round pick (2016- Top 10 protected) 

Picks received after all the trades

2015 1st from Memphis
2016 1st from Jazz

* Total of 9 1st round picks 2015-2017 draft

Lineup for the rest of the season after trades

C -  Zeller
PF - KO
SF - Crowder
SG - Waiters
PG  - Smart

C- Wright  (sign to a 3 year extension)
PF - Bass  (sign to a 2 year extension)
SF - Young/Wallace
SG - AB
PG - Nelson/Pressey

reserves
Booker, Hood (injured)

We go on a full rebuild mode.   At the 2015 draft utilizing our picks look to add two all star level talent (draft or via trade) or a franchise caliber talent

Thoughts?

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Jazz wouldn't do that trade.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm fine trading Sullinger, but during the worst slump of his career is not the best time to do so. At this point with all the picks we have, I want us to be trading for young players not dealing them away.

I really like the first trade though. I think Waiters still has upside and provideds the ability to get into the paint with the dribble which we are in short supply of. Also, with the protections on the Memphis pick it is more likely to be a 2017 or 2018 lottery pick than a 2015 or 2016 pick.

TP for the Waiters/Green trade.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Jazz have always liked Sullinger. He is good friends with Burke.  They have a good looking frontcourt trio of Favors, Kantar and Gobert. But none of these guys are true PFs. Sullinger has a higher iq and is a better passer than all three. 

I think the Jazz are tired of adding players through the draft and want to make a move soon to try to get into the playoffs

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm fine trading Sullinger, but during the worst slump of his career is not the best time to do so. At this point with all the picks we have, I want us to be trading for young players not dealing them away.

I really like the first trade though. I think Waiters still has upside and provideds the ability to get into the paint with the dribble which we are in short supply of. Also, with the protections on the Memphis pick it is more likely to be a 2017 or 2018 lottery pick than a 2015 or 2016 pick.

I think teams know what they are getting with Sullinger.  He has to fight with Bass, KO and now Wright for PT and it could be frustrating him/decrease in production.  In addition he may not fit with CBS full out effort on both ends kind of basketball.  His game looks like it has suffered a bit since losing Rondo also

The Jazz could use someone like Sullinger to balance out their frontcourt.   They are not a running team like the Celts either, which will work better for Sullinger

The Grizzlies know they are going to be one of the top teams for this season. But there are questions marks after this season. 2015 1st the best they can give up (which is closer to a 2nd round pick anyways). 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:54:30 PM by triboy16f »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like the 1st trade as I am a fan of rolling the dice on Waiters.

I think the Sully trade is a step back. We need young players developing into NBA players. We aren't loaded with high end front court talent and I'd want Kanter or Gobert (probably untouchable) back from a move with Jazz.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't like the Grizz, Cavs trade. Waiters is as streaky as AB but doesn't have the same professionalism,  team chemistry,  or defense.

And I don't like the Jazz trade. Sully is a great deal better than Hood as a prospect. Tuner is also greater than Booker at this stage in both their careers.

2 protected picks don't equal all the down grades in talent.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't like the Grizz, Cavs trade. Waiters is as streaky as AB but doesn't have the same professionalism,  team chemistry,  or defense.

And I don't like the Jazz trade. Sully is a great deal better than Hood as a prospect. Tuner is also greater than Booker at this stage in both their careers.

I think labeling Waiters as being selfish and a bad teammate etc. is getting old.  He is young and still maturing.    You can't also expect him to be a total nice guy/unselfish. He is a scorer and wants to be the go to guy

Waiters, 23, said he’s building chemistry with James.
“At the end of the day, I want him to take me under his wing,” Waiters said. “He’s been there. He’s won championships. He’s a proven player. He’s the best player in the world. Why not learn from a guy like that? I’m like a sponge out there.”

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I think labeling Waiters as being selfish and a bad teammate etc. is getting old.  He is young and still maturing.    You can't also expect him to be a total nice guy/unselfish. He is a scorer and wants to be the go to guy

Waiters, 23, said he’s building chemistry with James.
“At the end of the day, I want him to take me under his wing,” Waiters said. “He’s been there. He’s won championships. He’s a proven player. He’s the best player in the world. Why not learn from a guy like that? I’m like a sponge out there.”
That is perfect he is exactly what LeBron needs another Mario Chalmers lol. Waiters is actually that for the Cavs right now. Sometimes he plays well and other times he forgets who he is and is horrible. No thanks pass
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:31:24 PM by Csfan1984 »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I think teams know what they are getting with Sullinger.  He has to fight with Bass, KO and now Wright for PT and it could be frustrating him/decrease in production.  In addition he may not fit with CBS full out effort on both ends kind of basketball.  His game looks like it has suffered a bit since losing Rondo also

The Jazz could use someone like Sullinger to balance out their frontcourt.   They are not a running team like the Celts either, which will work better for Sullinger

The Grizzlies know they are going to be one of the top teams for this season. But there are questions marks after this season. 2015 1st the best they can give up (which is closer to a 2nd round pick anyways).
Sullinger, might have to fight with Bass, KO and Wright for playing time the rest of the year, but next year I'd be surprised if Bass and/or Wright are gone.

Sully is only 22 and looked good earlier in the season. I don't think the offense is a bad fit, because it was working well with him to start the year. I think the problem is that when he plays with a paint based big, Sully has no space to score down low and becomes a perimeter player. It is not a coincidence that Sully started playing worse once Zeller got the starting role.

I think you see Sullinger bust out of his slump before the trading deadline, at which point I think we can get more for him than that. If we were to trade Sully, I would want a first and Kanter.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think you'd have a lot more success with a Sullinger-Kanter swap if you left out the first rounder.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think you'd have a lot more success with a Sullinger-Kanter swap if you left out the first rounder.

Kanter is playing better than favors these days. Jazz will keep him. They need a 4th front court guy. I bet they would love Olynyk but Danny is not going to trade him

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hopefully neither would we

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet they would love Olynyk but Danny is not going to trade him

We all know who should be traded, employee number 7.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cavs aren't making that trade.  Maybe if the first wasn't involved they would consider it, but they certainly aren't trading Waiters and a 1st for Thornton and Koufus.  Just isn't going to happen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip