Author Topic: Fun time to be a Celtics fan I promise you I havent had a drink yet  (Read 11027 times)

Re: Fun time to be a Celtics fan I promise you I havent had a drink yet
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:18 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Having been through this phase in Celtics history a few times(late 70's, early and mid 90's and mid 2000's) the uniqueness of watching young players grow for years and years and hoping management has made the right talent evaluations that help to make trades easier to add to the young talent and make the contender has grown old to me.

I will be 50 in March. I want to see another title run sometime before I am 60-70 years old and I just don't have faith that that is going to happen as I don't feel one player on this team will be around for that next championship run. I just don't see the talent level being there on any of these players that make them an important part of the future of this team(maybe Marcus Smart excepted but even then his offensive struggles in both college and now don't give me much hope).

This long term tear down of the team is going to lead to a longer term rebuild of the team and I just fear its another decade before we see respectability again. And that sucks for me. If I was a lot younger I would probably be excited to watch the youth but not now. I want winning basketball, not tanking and development of both very flawed young players and an inexperienced coach that is still learning the NBA

It could be worse -- you could've been a Red Sox fan over the last century.
30 years of Red Sox suckitude was enough for me my friend.

I feel that, even if my baseball fandom is almost entirely a tool of regional survival tool.  ;D

I don't like watching the Celtics suck. I'm a little too young to remember Bird when he was at his peak, so most of my formative memories of the C's are of them being garbage. No desire to revisit that period for any extended stay.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Having been through this phase in Celtics history a few times(late 70's, early and mid 90's and mid 2000's) the uniqueness of watching young players grow for years and years and hoping management has made the right talent evaluations that help to make trades easier to add to the young talent and make the contender has grown old to me.

I will be 50 in March. I want to see another title run sometime before I am 60-70 years old and I just don't have faith that that is going to happen as I don't feel one player on this team will be around for that next championship run. I just don't see the talent level being there on any of these players that make them an important part of the future of this team(maybe Marcus Smart excepted but even then his offensive struggles in both college and now don't give me much hope).

This long term tear down of the team is going to lead to a longer term rebuild of the team and I just fear its another decade before we see respectability again. And that sucks for me. If I was a lot younger I would probably be excited to watch the youth but not now. I want winning basketball, not tanking and development of both very flawed young players and an inexperienced coach that is still learning the NBA

Dynasty > Sucking
Yup

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2014, 12:01:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

This.

I'm 45, and not to judge the young folks (or old), but those  who may be in favor of blowing it up have no idea what they are in store for - no idea.

I really believe Ainge jumped the gun this time...I really do.