Author Topic: Fun time to be a Celtics fan I promise you I havent had a drink yet  (Read 11015 times)

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
First of all I want to say Merry Christmas to all of you hope you have a great year ahead and enjoy time with your family.

The title of this is yes we all got spoiled with Garnett Pierce Allen Rondo team for 6 years. Rondo wasn't going to resign with us in the offseason. Danny tried to get Love in the offseason it didn't work out so he had to go to a plan B and that was fully fledge rebuild. So that meant trading Rondo. Now as many fans hate the fact that the last piece of that title team was dealt they feel Danny lets us down. Do you actually think he didn't try and get a Superstar to pair with Rondo? It didn't work so he had to do what was best for the future of this team. We have plenty of picks and ammo to use this summer. Danny will trade away more players and will use those picks to trade for players. I know this is a tough time to be a Celtic fan but we are so young and have such a bright future ahead of us. Look at the Knicks and Lakers. In closing I just want all fans to sit back and enjoy the ride this team will be on for the next 15 years. Bright times are ahead I promise.

Re: Fun time to be a Celtics fan I promise you I havent had a drink yet
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think it's a great time to be a Celtic fan.

Six first round picks in the next two years.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
The half hearted rebuild last year cost the Celtics a good pick and instead we get Marcus Banks 2.0. In order to do it right everyone needs to go. Blow it up!

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
The half hearted rebuild last year cost the Celtics a good pick and instead we get Marcus Banks 2.0. In order to do it right everyone needs to go. Blow it up!

A good pick you say? What has Wiggins done Parker Gordon? Nobody from that" loaded" draft class has done much. Parker tore his ACL. Did you ever think Danny has more stock in this draft that he did with last years. That's why he wants more picks for this year? Want the flexability to be able to make draft day trades for this draft?

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:24:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think our future relies on our luck in the draft and if we're lucky and we stumble upon a Harden or Love situation again. 

You said it yourself, we tried to get another star to pair with Rondo and we couldn't. All those assets we have will only be good for us moving forward if we turn that into a player we can build around. We already tried to use some of those assets to land Love to no avail. We tried to use it to land Asik to no avail. Teams are not just going to trade stars unless they don't want to pay them or they want out (which is risky in itself). If the NBA stumble upon that situation, then we're in prime position, but we need to luck out on that. We cant attract FA's here unless we overpay, and we could certainly not attract a superstar to sign with us as our winning situation is, well, we don't have a winning situation.

The only thing that can help us is land a future franchise player in the draft, and to me we can get a high chance in doing so if we land a top 3 pick. That's the easiest way we can turn it around. Six first round picks in 2 years mean nothing if it doesn't turn into a player we can call our foundation. We can probably get starter level complimentary players with those, but we need to win the draft, we get a disgruntled star player or a cheap owner to get our next franchise guy. That's the only way we can turn it around. We cant get either of the three, then expect a decade long of mediocrity.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
I think our future relies on our luck in the draft and if we're lucky and we stumble upon a Harden or Love situation again. 

You said it yourself, we tried to get another star to pair with Rondo and we couldn't. All those assets we have will only be good for us moving forward if we turn that into a player we can build around. We already tried to use some of those assets to land Love to no avail. We tried to use it to land Asik to no avail. Teams are not just going to trade stars unless they don't want to pay them or they want out (which is risky in itself). If the NBA stumble upon that situation, then we're in prime position, but we need to luck out on that. We cant attract FA's here unless we overpay, and we could certainly not attract a superstar to sign with us as our winning situation is, well, we don't have a winning situation.

The only thing that can help us is land a future franchise player in the draft, and to me we can get a high chance in doing so if we land a top 3 pick. That's the easiest way we can turn it around. Six first round picks in 2 years mean nothing if it doesn't turn into a player we can call our foundation. We can probably get starter level complimentary players with those, but we need to win the draft, we get a disgruntled star player or a cheap owner to get our next franchise guy. That's the only way we can turn it around. We cant get either of the three, then expect a decade long of mediocrity.

I agree with you and with that I see him getting rid of Green Bass Thorton. Trading them for whatever he can. A youth movement is happening . I see your a Paul Heyman guy so you will understand that the Celtics are in the time period of the WWE was in 1996 all of stars left and Vince had to create new ones. I'm not trying to compare wrestling to the NBA but you have to go young and see what you have.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Draft day will be fun for the next several years but the actual games?, not so much.  There will be trades and keeping an eye on Rondo is also fun.  I am a pretty addicted fan so I still follow the games no matter how bad we get but I am bracing for some ugly basketball.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 01:44:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The last rebuild was accelerated and made possible because we had PAUL PIERCE on the roster. It was easy to convince a KG and Allen to come because we had PIERCE. Even Pierce alone was not good enough as KG needed some cajoling to come on board. I am not sure but I think we had the Allen deal set so we could sell KG that we had both Allen and Pierce.

Now DO NOT HAVE A future HOF on the roster.

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I agree with you and with that I see him getting rid of Green Bass Thorton. Trading them for whatever he can. A youth movement is happening . I see your a Paul Heyman guy so you will understand that the Celtics are in the time period of the WWE was in 1996 all of stars left and Vince had to create new ones. I'm not trying to compare wrestling to the NBA but you have to go young and see what you have.

Except Vince don't want to trust the young studs, hence our WrestleMania would be HHH and Sting. LOL

I"m all for youth movement, maybe I'm just pessimistic. I just don't see teams trading their superstars and top 3 picks unless there's a financial or disgruntlement issue. We need to luck out in the draft to expedite this.

In the meantime, we indeed have six first round picks. We can maybe use them to trade our contracts and get expirings. Start loading on complimentary pieces, so and so. We cant just have a ton of picks and put all those eggs in the "get a franchise player basket" because lets face it, unless we are lucky, it's not going to happen.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The last rebuild was accelerated and made possible because we had PAUL PIERCE on the roster. It was easy to convince a KG and Allen to come because we had PIERCE. Even Pierce alone was not good enough as KG needed some cajoling to come on board. I am not sure but I think we had the Allen deal set so we could sell KG that we had both Allen and Pierce.

Now DO NOT HAVE A future HOF on the roster.

TP, especially the bolded part.

Even with Rondo's supposed warts, he was the closest thing we had to HOF and now we must start from scratch. I'm optimistic, but wish DA could've been more patient.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Exciting times. Every day could bring a pivotal moment for our future.

Happy holidays, everybody.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I've been excited about this team all season.  We have a lot of nice young pieces and tons of draft picks/TPEs/upcoming cap space.  I'm looking forward to see it all develop into the next attempt at a contender, probably in 2016-17 or so.  Danny has done pretty well with the tear-down phase of the rebuild, now we get to see how he uses the pieces to build it back up.

Merry Christmas everyone!  And Happy Chanukkah (which I guess just ended), Festivus, etc!

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I see very little to be excited about.  I believe Danny doing the best that's possible.  I sure don't blame him.  I think Brad Stevens is a blessing.  If we ever get out of this hole it'll have to involve a lot of Leprechaun Magic.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I still want to see Smart, Turner, Young, Olynyk, and Sullinger play together.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I love the optimism. I think there is no rebuilding team I would rather be a fan of. We have draft picks, young talent and a hard working general manager.

Smart looks like he has a bright future ahead of him. Judging him harshly, after 13 games into his rookie season at the age of 20 doesn't make sense.

The Marcus Banks comparisons are truly terrible. They only thing they have in common is a first name (I was going to include size as a commonality but Banks was 6'2 200, and Smart is 6'4 220, which is a big difference) Banks was a drive first pg, that struggled with his shot, running the offense or doing anything but putting his head down and getting to the hoop. Thus far the Smart has been an excellent defender, very good passer and the ability to hit high pressure shots. So far Smart has yet to exhibit the willingness to consistently get to the bucket while that was all Banks could do.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19