Author Topic: Random musings on Christmas  (Read 1158 times)

Random musings on Christmas
« on: December 25, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Why isn't anyone talking about the disaster that is Coach Fisher in NYC?

Why does the captains name tag in Washington read Paul instead of Pierce?

Why aren't Cs tanking?

Are Cs tanking?

We need a defined strategy for this rebuild, so far it seems like we are just reacting, and not proactive.

In retrospect should we have gone after the Birdman before Miami snatched him. The all character issue thing seems to have blown over, no?

Should we let CBS go to Indiana, and go for a veteran NBA coach?

Did Danny send Rondo to Dallas to spite the Lakers?

Why are fans so low on Brandon Bass -- all this guy does is produce when called upon.

Difference between Kobe and Jeff Green. When Kobe is mad he takes it out on the opponent, when Jeff Green is mad he sulks and pouts. That could be the difference between a winner and a loser.

Note to Danny Ainge -- draft picks and TPE cannot score, defend, or rebound. At the end of the day you have to turn these assets into real players.

Note to Danny Ainge -- you cannot catch lightning in a bottle twice, or can you?

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Re: Random musings on Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Why isn't anyone talking about the disaster that is Coach Fisher in NYC?

Why does the captains name tag in Washington read Paul instead of Pierce?

Why aren't Cs tanking?

Are Cs tanking?

We need a defined strategy for this rebuild, so far it seems like we are just reacting, and not proactive.

In retrospect should we have gone after the Birdman before Miami snatched him. The all character issue thing seems to have blown over, no?

Should we let CBS go to Indiana, and go for a veteran NBA coach?

Did Danny send Rondo to Dallas to spite the Lakers?

Why are fans so low on Brandon Bass -- all this guy does is produce when called upon.

Difference between Kobe and Jeff Green. When Kobe is mad he takes it out on the opponent, when Jeff Green is mad he sulks and pouts. That could be the difference between a winner and a loser.

Note to Danny Ainge -- draft picks and TPE cannot score, defend, or rebound. At the end of the day you have to turn these assets into real players.

Note to Danny Ainge -- you cannot catch lightning in a bottle twice, or can you?

Merry Christmas to all!!!

I think people are resigned to the fact that NYK was gonna stink this year.

Those are the holiday jerseys dawg!

I think they are but not trying to nosedive immediately, and instead "spread minutes around to find the best pairing" which leads to losses usually.

There aren't many clear cut strategies one can implement when 29 other teams are vying for the same goal. Do you mean build around a few players? If so, who?

Birdman, terdman.

I think DA wants Stevens, and Stevens knew this was in store for him when he signed. The team is now unequivocally his, as horrible writer Forsberg termed it. I think there's a lot of truth to that. Give him another season and then we can call for his head, the college openings won't go away. Though I'm certainly not a CBS apologist, I have many doubts as well.

I think Dallas had the best package. We couldn't re-trade Nash's contract, we can with these three players.

I think fans are pretty medium on Bass.. we appreciate his consistency but also acknowledge he's better suited on a winning team and want to reap whatever rewards we can from having him presently on the roster.

Kobe is also a horrible teammate who just was bashed in the press after LAL beat GS, so that's a difference too. Kobe is a clear number 1. Green is a clear number 3. Kobe is a SG, Green is a SF/PF. I could go on.

Agreed, but we can't bash until after the deadline.

I hope he can.

You too Ogaju.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
TP for taking the time to muse with me!! ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
In the spirit of random musings: I wonder what Pierce's +- is at MSG. Even during the dark Raef/Blount years I recall Boston going in there and mopping the floor with those chumps, and Quentin Richardson flipping out and getting T'd up. New uniform for Paul but still the same old story. The game's over in the 3rd quarter.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 02:07:59 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Quincy Acy, that's not in the Christmas spirit. Probably just frustration from getting beat on National TV and playing for maybe the biggest laughingstock in the NBA.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
lol yeah its a good thing he held back on that punch though. He could have taken Wall out if that cold cock connected.