Author Topic: BS Report: Lowe on Rondo  (Read 39549 times)

Re: BS Report: Lowe on Rondo
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
call the article anything you want, but don't call it objective, it was transparently biased.  ::)

I see Lowe has friends who post on this board. ::)

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
It comes down to committing to youth and a set starting 5 ultimately imo.  Smart is our guy now vs committing to Rondo and his salary.

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2014, 09:07:30 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
call the article anything you want, but don't call it objective, it was transparently biased.  ::)

I see Lowe has friends who post on this board. ::)
could it be any more apparent.  ::)

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2014, 09:10:09 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
It comes down to committing to youth and a set starting 5 ultimately imo.  Smart is our guy now vs committing to Rondo and his salary.
also Rondo no longer wanted to be on the Celtics either. Lowe's non insider self fails to acknowledge this.  Hmmm...not biased, eh? ::)

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
They have good points.  They also draw attention for a reason.  What they say isn't 100 percent accurate though for sure.  It's not the gospel or the truth but neither is the gospel.  My initials are BF so I guess i'm the "best friend" report.

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Someone disagrees with me. It must be because he's an idiot or he has an agenda. No wait, it's because his nose is big. Phew, that was close.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

And if Rondo played with the same defensive effort as Smart, the love for him in this forum would have been neverending, no matter how poorly he shot from the field.

Mike

His 4 years on all defense teams show the opposite to be the case. There was very little differentiation between the criticisms of his defense last year and the years he was first team all-defense. And there was no difference in the type or number of complaints about his shooting.
Agreed. Bill Russell's fg and ft% was horrid. If he had played in the Celtics Blog era people would have continually called for trading him.

Please explain how Rondo is on the same level as Bill Russell.

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Someone disagrees with me. It must be because he's an idiot or he has an agenda. No wait, it's because his nose is big. Phew, that was close.

Hi Zach or a fellow friend of his! ::)

« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Ruined a perfectly good train.

« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Lol Lowe is a joke... Anyone even saying RR is not a top 7 let alone top 10 or 15 PG is saying so merely to get the jealous haters interested in a boring bs article which this Lowe piece is BTW. Fwiw Lowe never seemed much knowledgeable as an insider nor analyst. Just a stats ish geek who a lot of fans relate to for obvious reasons.  ::) ::)

Based on this season and last season,
Inarguable = 
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Lowry
Lillard
Wall

Near Definitely =
Conley
Teague
Rose
Irving
Parker

Maybe there could be an argument, but it's based on the unproven theory of "playoff rondo" being something you can count on =
I Thomas
Knight
Holiday
Bledsoe
Lawson
Dragic

Then you get the "a contending team would prefer rondo but a rebuilding team wouldn't trade their guy for rondo" =
Schroder
Reggie jackson
MCW

So that's 17-20 guys who, especially considering the status of their guys and the impending free agency and contract demands, probably wouldn't trade their PG straight up for Rondo.

« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

And if Rondo played with the same defensive effort as Smart, the love for him in this forum would have been neverending, no matter how poorly he shot from the field.

Mike

His 4 years on all defense teams show the opposite to be the case. There was very little differentiation between the criticisms of his defense last year and the years he was first team all-defense. And there was no difference in the type or number of complaints about his shooting.
Agreed. Bill Russell's fg and ft% was horrid. If he had played in the Celtics Blog era people would have continually called for trading him.

Please explain how Rondo is on the same level as Bill Russell.
No. You explain it. Why should I explain something I didn't say?

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2014, 09:50:06 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
The idea that Teague or Conley are better than Rondo is insane. Rondo is on the level of Lillard and Lowry. He wasn't Chris Paul before the trade and he isn't DJ Augustin now.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2014, 09:55:33 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
I like how smart plays D.  I will compare him to Bill Russell because Russell had a way of harassing and leaning at offensive players and Smart does some similar things.

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Lol Lowe is a joke... Anyone even saying RR is not a top 7 let alone top 10 or 15 PG is saying so merely to get the jealous haters interested in a boring bs article which this Lowe piece is BTW. Fwiw Lowe never seemed much knowledgeable as an insider nor analyst. Just a stats ish geek who a lot of fans relate to for obvious reasons.  ::) ::)

Based on this season and last season,
Inarguable = 
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Lowry
Lillard
Wall

Near Definitely =
Conley
Teague
Rose
Irving
Parker

Maybe there could be an argument, but it's based on the unproven theory of "playoff rondo" being something you can count on =
I Thomas
Knight
Holiday
Bledsoe
Lawson
Dragic

Then you get the "a contending team would prefer rondo but a rebuilding team wouldn't trade their guy for rondo" =
Schroder
Reggie jackson
MCW

So that's 17-20 guys who, especially considering the status of their guys and the impending free agency and contract demands, probably wouldn't trade their PG straight up for Rondo.

While a few of the names could be shuffled up or down, I think it basically looks right.