Author Topic: BS Report: Lowe on Rondo  (Read 39544 times)

Re: BS Report: Lowe on Rondo
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Rondo used to be an incredible player. He's not now.
Some people can't accept that.

This.

1000x this.

How can anyone - anyone - who has watched Rondo post-injury think that he's still a top player in this league? You simply can't. At best someone could hope - HOPE - that Rondo is still recovering from the ACL injury from almost two years ago and somehow magically rounds back into his old form.

I hope he does. I've always liked Rondo.

But I'm not about to give someone a max contract based on hope and with no assurance that even if he did become worth that contract he'd also stick around and wait through a rebuilding phase in the prime of his career. All of that COULD happen, but realistically the chances of that really happening are pretty [dang]ed slim. There were two major issues around Rondo - the quality of his play post-injury and his willingness to resign - and the chances were less than 50/50 on either of them that they'd work out in the Cs favor.

As a result, I'm glad Rondo is in Dallas. Best of luck to him. But I think the Celtics are better off long-term without him.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The Rondo trade may cause Dallas to miss the playoffs.

Which would be sweet for us, since we own the Mavs first round pick.

Somewhat protected of course.
High comedy right here.

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 09:50:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The usual Anti-Rondo crowd.

If I wasn't enjoying my Christmas, I'd come up with some easy rebuttals for this thread and the "BS Report" which is aptly named.

But Merry Christmas, ya'll.

Merry Christmas to you too.

However, why is this anti-Rondo? Lowe is knowledgeable and I wanted to share his thoughts. Too many times anytime something negative is said about Rondo it turns into "hating" or "Anti-Rondo". Why? Is there anything that Lowe said that you can say isn't true?

Yup. Just another horrid player that just happens to lead the league in assists and his position at rebs. That's all

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

If I wasn't enjoying my Christmas, I'd come up with some easy rebuttals for this thread and the "BS Report" which is aptly named.

Don't forget the Fts and Defense and Bad attitude

However, why is this anti-Rondo? Lowe is knowledgeable and I wanted to share his thoughts. Too many times anytime something negative is said about Rondo it turns into "hating" or "Anti-Rondo". Why? Is there anything that Lowe said that you can say isn't true?

Yup. Just another horrid player that just happens to lead the league in assists and his position at rebs. That's all
Don't forget the Bad Fts and Defense and attitude

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ah yes. Just like Shaq. Terrible free throws. Weird attitude. Totally killed his teams.

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The free throw shooting is definitely abysmal, but you're putting the defense and attitude in the plus column, right?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Ah yes. Just like Shaq. Terrible free throws. Weird attitude. Totally killed his teams.

If you think Rondo and Shaq can be put in the same category...

Mike

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Mike

Nailed it.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Mike

Nailed it.

His point being is that rondo like Shaquille can still impact a game despite their weaknesses

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Pick the 2 stats that support your argument and ignore the rest of reality.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Mike

Nailed it.

His point being is that rondo like Shaquille can still impact a game despite their weaknesses

The point is that there is no comparison.   The only thing in common is the bad FT%.  Shaq was not known for a lack of defense or for a bad attitude.  Apples and oranges.

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 10:46:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

So you are saying that a point guard leading the league in assists and rebounds for all guards in meaningless?  ::)

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 10:47:39 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Mike

Nailed it.
That's the fan's power

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

So you are saying that a point guard leading the league in assists and rebounds for all guards in meaningless?  ::)

Of course it's not meaningless, but it's also not the whole story.  I have posted multiple times that Rondo is the best passer I have ever seen.  And he has always been a great rebounder for a PG.  BUT...his shot is horrendous now and is defense is weak. 

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I heard a shout out to Celtics Blog, from Lowe!!!!

1hr 6 min mark. JJ conversation.

Lowe read eja's post, huh?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.