Author Topic: 2016 the beginning of the Ben Simmons Era  (Read 22225 times)

Re: 2016 the beginning of the Ben Simmons Era
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
http://youtu.be/vppqUEa4sMI
hmm, biggest kid on the court pulling a showboat stunt like that -- not exactly an endearing quality.

initial highlight clip doesn't really show anything other than a tall kid can dunk over a bunch of smaller guys.

I don't see that as showboating though. He lost his dribble. It was actually a high percentage play at that point, being the biggest kid on the court and all.

Right, I don't see what the "showboating" angle is in all of this than actually doing a very good play.

If that's "showboating", he can glady "showboat" in Green in the 2016-2017 season.
I consider it showboating to deliberately throw a pass to yourself off the backboard.  should have just shot the ball, he was wide open.  the kid may be as good as the hype but I'd prefer to see some clips of him rebounding, passing and shooting rather than a bunch of dunks.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
http://youtu.be/vppqUEa4sMI
hmm, biggest kid on the court pulling a showboat stunt like that -- not exactly an endearing quality.

initial highlight clip doesn't really show anything other than a tall kid can dunk over a bunch of smaller guys.

I don't see that as showboating though. He lost his dribble. It was actually a high percentage play at that point, being the biggest kid on the court and all.

Right, I don't see what the "showboating" angle is in all of this than actually doing a very good play.

If that's "showboating", he can glady "showboat" in Green in the 2016-2017 season.
I consider it showboating to deliberately throw a pass to yourself off the backboard.  should have just shot the ball, he was wide open.  the kid may be as good as the hype but I'd prefer to see some clips of him rebounding, passing and shooting rather than a bunch of dunks.

He CLEARLY went with the higher percentage shot. There are plenty of highlights of him being a great dribbler and passer just look at the video posted  ::)

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »

• Bill Walton
I started this post some time ago and I have been proven true; I will soon become "slightly biased simmons fan!

-Naismith Prep Player of the Year
-Gatorade National Player of the Year

29 regular season games, he averaged 28.0 points, 11.9 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.6 steals per game while shooting 70.7 percent from the field and recording 24 double-doubles in the most competitive HS comp in the world.

This kid is gonna be special

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »

• Bill Walton
Interestingly Lebron James Senior High School stats were very similar 26 regular season games, he averaged 30.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 2.9 steals per game while shooting 56 percent from the floor

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 06:26:15 AM »

• Bill Walton
https://instagram.com/p/5a3pVMhYur/

Ben Simmons just posted a 41 inch vert for LSU combine, as you can see by the age of this thread, i've been following this kid for some time and he's the gold standard of this coming college season and if he was allowed to jump into the NBA straight out of High School I'm sure he would of gone number 1 in this years draft.

If by small chance the 16 Brooklyn pick gets us the top pick, he is the missing superstar we crave.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Would like celtics to tank for Simmons
Then once we get Ben Simmons have him do an interview with bill Simmons

I also want mavs to miss playoffs and end up like 8-10
Nets miss playoffs and end in the bottom 5
This will ensure we can at least try to trade up if the lotto balls don't fall for us

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 06:56:50 AM »

• Bill Walton

This will ensure we can at least try to trade up if the lotto balls don't fall for us

Given the solid nature of our team and CBS i don't think its possible to get anywhere near to getting the first pick, our only hope is the brooklyn pick and that the russian owner wants to continue cost cutting and trades away Joe Johnson and Lopez gets another major injury. I can't fathom anyone allowing us to trade up when a generational talent like Simmons is available.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 06:58:33 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

The Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, even the Andrew Wiggins years have taught me to not get my hopes up.  Even the Len Bias year for that matter.   >:(

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »

• Bill Walton

The Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, even the Andrew Wiggins years have taught me to not get my hopes up.  Even the Len Bias year for that matter.   >:(

Yeah it's hard to get excited about draft prospects when Boston has to have the worst draft day luck ever

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 07:45:51 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I've been impatiently waiting for 2 years to see this guy play on a regular basis. Actually looking forward to the start of the college season for the first time, hoping we get plenty of LSU games broadcast here. With Mickey and Martin both drafted, he's got big shoes to fill.

I hope he's coping OK with all the hype. It's already been huge and is only gonna get even bigger. Just as well he's a very humble young lad.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:55 AM »

• Bill Walton
I've been impatiently waiting for 2 years to see this guy play on a regular basis. Actually looking forward to the start of the college season for the first time, hoping we get plenty of LSU games broadcast here. With Mickey and Martin both drafted, he's got big shoes to fill.

I hope he's coping OK with all the hype. It's already been huge and is only gonna get even bigger. Just as well he's a very humble young lad.

LSU and Ben are actually about to tour Australia

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

LSU and Ben are actually about to tour Australia

Indeed, I thought about going to one of the games but already heading to Melbourne next month for the Australia v New Zealand match so have to settle for that. Shame Simmons won't be playing in that game but understand him wanting to have as much time as possible with LSU.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Now that the Sydney Kings have signed Marcus Thornton, it would be good to go and see LSU vs the Sydney Kings if you're in Sydney or NSW.

I'm in Adelaide so I won't see any games but hopefully they'll be on TV here.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Would love to get him, but it looks like our 2016 pick is going to need to be in the Top 3 Top 2 Top 1 to be eligible.

Mike