Author Topic: Josh Smith to sign with Rockets  (Read 5943 times)

Re: Josh Smith to sign with Rockets
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This makes the Rockets possibly #1 for Rajon Rondo next season.

Rondo/Harden/Ariza/Smith/Howard is scary good. All of them are 29 with the exception of the best player Harden at 25.

If im Rondo their is no doubt in my mind that I go to Houston to play with my buddies and a place where a ball dominating pg, shot creator, and facilitator is much needed.

How do they pay him, though?

This is where you come in handy Mr. H.

If Rondo wants to go to the Rockets, Daryl Morey will find a way w/o getting rid of that starting 5. Guess it all depends on how much assests Rockets will give up and if Josh Smith will take a solid pay cut considering what his making next season from Detroit.

Im not all that great with the Cap and CBA but couldnt something like Papanikolaou/Corey Brewer/Alexey Shved/Terrence Jones w/ a 1st for a 16 million TPE. Then flip the TPE to the mavs w/ NOP 1st for Rajon S&T?

Suffice it to say it's be a bit more complicated than that.  But really, I highly doubt the Mavs would be willing to do Houston any sort of favor to get them Rondo.  Those two front offices have pretty much declared war on each other.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Poor Rondo

No J Smoove. To hang with

So .......for Dwight to be most effective .....he needs to be in the paint ....as he is awful past 10 ft shooting

Smith should stay out side to fine Dwight room to work.

Smith and his itchy trigger finger could really mess this up.

Well, at least he won 't be sulking on a rebuilding team.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Their floor spacing and late-game foul shooting will stink. Smith shots only 2% better than Howard at the FT line, and Smith is not exactly a floor-spacer to help the Harden-Howard P&R or the Dwight post ups.

Wow.....Rondo...Smith and Howard shooting free throws "........their total averages equals one great shooter.

Too funny ......finding a person to hack would be easy.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Whatever chance Houston had of winning a title this year just left the building. Adding a low-percentage chucker like Smith to a team that already has a guy who likes to complain about how many shots he gets (Howard) and a volume shooter (Harden)? Not to mention the hack-a-Shaq that teams will pull on Howard and Smith (and they may add Rondo next year? Ha!). Recipe for disaster.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Apparently Houston is working a trade to clear a roster spot.  I thought they'd just cut someone but I guess they are too close to the luxury tax line.  Not clear who they want to move.  Maybe we could get Jones or Capela or get a pick for taking on Terry. 

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Good. I don't like him and I don't like the current Rockets other then the coach. I hope he destroys that team.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Apparently Houston is working a trade to clear a roster spot.  I thought they'd just cut someone but I guess they are too close to the luxury tax line.  Not clear who they want to move.  Maybe we could get Jones or Capela or get a pick for taking on Terry.

Demo and Jones are going to sit on the bench for that team. I would try to steal one or both of them right now.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Rondo/Harden/Ariza/Smith/Howard is scary good. All of them are 29 with the exception of the best player Harden at 25.

If im Rondo their is no doubt in my mind that I go to Houston to play with my buddies and a place where a ball dominating pg, shot creator, and facilitator is much needed.

If it was NBA 2K15 maybe. The spacing on that team is horrible. Rondo/Harden combo is a terrible fit because neither guy is great without the ball in their hands. Josh Smith's defense will be an upgrade inside but he'll chuck away like he always does.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Good. I don't like him and I don't like the current Rockets other then the coach. I hope he destroys that team.

That is about where I am at as well.  The rockets are one my least fav teams mainly because of Harden and D Howard.  I just can't get past their immaturity and selfishness.  It was weird, I liked Harden a lot when he was at OKC.  Who knows what will happen with Smith going there.  Maybe McHale can talk some sense into him and they can make it work.  It will be fun to watch...haha.

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 05:29:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

ha, ha....that line up has 3 players who cant shoot the ball more than 6 feet from the basket. the paint is going to be very cluttered. 

further, this season rondo, howard, and smith are collectively shooting under 50% on free throws. who plays the 4th quarter for this team?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Demo and Jones are going to sit on the bench for that team. I would try to steal one or both of them right now.

Looks like Jones has a nerve issue with his leg and has only played 4 games so far. 

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
 ;D There goes the Rockets  ;D   Next!

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

5 points for Ravenclaw

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
"I think I can add to their toughness," Smith said. "I think I can add to their versatility at the four position, being able to pass the basketball and score the ball down low.

"Just add another basketball IQ, which will help when we make it to the postseason."

Just 1?  ROFL

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I agree with another poster ,   For every game Smith helps win.  ....he'll shoot them out of another .

Bonehead jock.