Author Topic: Varejao out for the season! C's take advantage (trade idea)  (Read 4973 times)

Re: Varejao out for the season! C's take advantage (trade idea)
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Send them Sully for big help and would it be fool's gold.

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm afraid that our guard rotation would get even bigger with the addition of Waiters. I do still think he has potential to be a very good player, but not sure it is worth taking him on unless we offload a couple of players.

Also, I think I prefer that the pick is in 2017. It is possible that Mem could begin to drop off and we have so many picks in the next couple of years that I would rather spread them out.

I agree. Bradley would likely get traded if we acquired Waiters. A team like Phoenix would probably trade for him. An Isiah Thomas- Avery Bradley swap seems like it would be beneficial for both teams

I see no reason to get Waiters.  We have more than enough mediocre guards as it is.  The Thomas - Bradley swap is interesting but I think I'd prefer a Reggie Jackson - Bradley swap.  I think Bradley would be a good fit in OKC.   He'd be a 4th or 5th offensive option and could focus on his defense.  Since the salaries don't match, it would have to be something like Jackson/Perkins for Bradley/Bass.  Then I'd start Jackson/Smart.

Although I do like Jackson, OKC isn't giving up Perkins. Thomas is more realistic to trade for. I like Waiters and think he has more potential than AB... He can create his own shot better than AB. Also on a rookie contract this season and next season. He's a big guard at 6'4. Waiters is 6'4 just like Smart. They weigh about the same. Would be a good backcourt if Smart can play good at PG.

Regardless of if we get Jackson or Thomas I still want Waiters. Cleveland needs this trade the most (no Varejao) so let's take advantage of their situation and get a good player like Waiters for Green who can just opt out and leave.
Why isn't OKC giving up Perkins? They have Adams to start at the 5 to guard big center's. If we gave them Green and Wright it would certainly be an upgrade for them.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I like this deal and think people are fooling themselves if they think Green and Wright are worth more than that.

We only got a first for Rondo, I don't think we are getting more than a late first for Green. Dion Waiters was a top 10 pick two years ago for a reason. He would provide this team with a player who can get into the paint with the dribble, something on short supply for the C's.

Green and Wright aren't going to be here long term unless we pay them a lot, dealing them for future assets is the best course of action

My thoughts EXACTLY! I like Green but I'm not willing to let him walk for nothing. He might want opt out and go play for a contender. He also may want more $$$ in his next contract than the C's are willing to give.

Ainge should do the following:

1) Trade for Waiters, MEM 1st rd pk, 5 mil TPE for Wright (FROM CLE-KEITH BOGANS)

2) Trade Bradley to Phoenix in a deal that gets us Isiah Thomas

3) Use the Rondo TPE (12.9 mil) and combine it with the Wright TPE (5 mil) to create a larger TPE worth up to 17.9 mil.

Toronto would be the perfect partner to help the C's get this done. The C's can send Thornton, Bass, Wallace & or Nelson to the Raptors for Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields, Tyler  Hansbrough (15.5 mil). If TOR is willing to include Caboclo or Noguiera, the C's would be creating a TPE worth up to 17.3 mil. Ainge can combine some picks and quality players (i.e. Sully, Olynyk) w/ this new TPE and trade for an atleast an All-Star.

Since the C's are giving the better players in this deal, TOR would have to include a late 1st or maybe two 2nd rd pks.

If Green keeps playing like he did vs. Orlando, he'll be lucky to get the league minimum.

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Teams Involved: Celtics, Cavaliers, Clippers

Also involved in this deal: RAJON RONDO TRADE EXCEPTION GOES TO CLEVELAND

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think it is a decent trade. People shouldn't expect too much in return for Green. He will be a FA next year so any team trading for him is taking a pretty big risk.
ALS, would be nice if the restrictions on the pick were loosened a bit. No guarantee that Memphis will suck any time soon.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Wouldn't work. We are taking on way too many players for the roster for it to work. Plus Cleveland gives up too much, and the Clips really would need to get a Center back in return.

Plus if we are helping both Cleveland and the Clips get better, we should be getting Jordan in the deal.

I could see these teams getting together for a trade at the deadline becuase everyone has something the other wants.

Clips need a 3 and a Center they could leave in at the end of games. Cavs need a warm body in the center spot. Celts need young good players.

I could see a trade with Wright,Zeller,Green,Sully and filler going out and Jordan coming back here. Probably wont happen, but The Clips screwed us over in the deal with Doc and KG, they own us! LOL!

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
, Tyler  Hansbrough

Is someone I never want to see playing green.

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

Wouldn't work. We are taking on way too many players for the roster for it to work. Plus Cleveland gives up too much, and the Clips really would need to get a Center back in return.

Plus if we are helping both Cleveland and the Clips get better, we should be getting Jordan in the deal.

I could see these teams getting together for a trade at the deadline becuase everyone has something the other wants.

Clips need a 3 and a Center they could leave in at the end of games. Cavs need a warm body in the center spot. Celts need young good players.

I could see a trade with Wright,Zeller,Green,Sully and filler going out and Jordan coming back here. Probably wont happen, but The Clips screwed us over in the deal with Doc and KG, they own us! LOL!

I forgot to mention that the Celtics would acquire Cleveland's 2016 second rounder

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm afraid that our guard rotation would get even bigger with the addition of Waiters. I do still think he has potential to be a very good player, but not sure it is worth taking him on unless we offload a couple of players.

Also, I think I prefer that the pick is in 2017. It is possible that Mem could begin to drop off and we have so many picks in the next couple of years that I would rather spread them out.

I agree. Bradley would likely get traded if we acquired Waiters. A team like Phoenix would probably trade for him. An Isiah Thomas- Avery Bradley swap seems like it would be beneficial for both teams

I see no reason to get Waiters.  We have more than enough mediocre guards as it is.  The Thomas - Bradley swap is interesting but I think I'd prefer a Reggie Jackson - Bradley swap.  I think Bradley would be a good fit in OKC.   He'd be a 4th or 5th offensive option and could focus on his defense.  Since the salaries don't match, it would have to be something like Jackson/Perkins for Bradley/Bass.  Then I'd start Jackson/Smart.

Although I do like Jackson, OKC isn't giving up Perkins. Thomas is more realistic to trade for. I like Waiters and think he has more potential than AB... He can create his own shot better than AB. Also on a rookie contract this season and next season. He's a big guard at 6'4. Waiters is 6'4 just like Smart. They weigh about the same. Would be a good backcourt if Smart can play good at PG.

Regardless of if we get Jackson or Thomas I still want Waiters. Cleveland needs this trade the most (no Varejao) so let's take advantage of their situation and get a good player like Waiters for Green who can just opt out and leave.
Why isn't OKC giving up Perkins? They have Adams to start at the 5 to guard big center's. If we gave them Green and Wright it would certainly be an upgrade for them.

Not trading Perk is more to do with team chemistry and locker room presence and less about his offensive talent. I think OKC would rather let his contract expire and re-sign him for less (saving them some money to add a bench player). Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling OKC would say no.