Author Topic: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN  (Read 56690 times)

Re: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2014, 02:41:56 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland is souring on Kevin Love already, and before you assume something, Love gets shipped to the Lakers we ship a couple of our guys to Cleveland and we get a player somehow.  I'm not big for trade scenarios because they are all nuts and I'd rather build with our guys but

Rough draft but for example

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Hayward, players, LAkers pick

Utah

Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, draft picks

So we would be trading Bradley, Sully, Jeff, and Bass, to unload Wallace, get Hayward, and the Lakers pick (which was traded (top 5 protected) to the Suns, but with Love and absolutely no motivation to do poorly in order to keep the pick, would be conveyed to the suns)

So, our 3 best players, Bass, AND giving Love to the LAKERS to unload Wallace and get Hayward?  Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm more just trying to think a little bigger and something that actually accomplishes something.  It's more just a scenario.  A lot of trade scenarios I have issues with because they don't really accomplish anything.   I also like our players and trading player A for player B needs to accomplish something from a chemistry standpoint bigger picture standpoint.  When Ainge makes a move there is usually a direction in mind and it's not as simple as saying player A for player B.  He has to like the players he's getting back and they have to have some purpose here.

Why would Cleveland make that trade?  They are giving up Love for Sullinger and Bradley which is a major step back but then you're forcing them to take on Wallace's contract as well.   

It was a theory that they are souring on Kevin Love already. They are either going to put the right pieces around LeBron, Love and Kyrie or go another direction.

I've seen no rumors of the Cavs or Lebron souring on Love.  The Cavs just got Love via trade with Lebron heavily recruiting him.  They're not going to turn around and trade him after a couple months.  Also Utah just overpaid to keep Hayward and he's having a good season for them so why would they be willing to trade him after a couple months? 

« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2014, 02:48:28 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland is souring on Kevin Love already, and before you assume something, Love gets shipped to the Lakers we ship a couple of our guys to Cleveland and we get a player somehow.  I'm not big for trade scenarios because they are all nuts and I'd rather build with our guys but

Rough draft but for example

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Hayward, players, LAkers pick

Utah

Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, draft picks

So we would be trading Bradley, Sully, Jeff, and Bass, to unload Wallace, get Hayward, and the Lakers pick (which was traded (top 5 protected) to the Suns, but with Love and absolutely no motivation to do poorly in order to keep the pick, would be conveyed to the suns)

So, our 3 best players, Bass, AND giving Love to the LAKERS to unload Wallace and get Hayward?  Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm more just trying to think a little bigger and something that actually accomplishes something.  It's more just a scenario.  A lot of trade scenarios I have issues with because they don't really accomplish anything.   I also like our players and trading player A for player B needs to accomplish something from a chemistry standpoint bigger picture standpoint.  When Ainge makes a move there is usually a direction in mind and it's not as simple as saying player A for player B.  He has to like the players he's getting back and they have to have some purpose here.

Why would Cleveland make that trade?  They are giving up Love for Sullinger and Bradley which is a major step back but then you're forcing them to take on Wallace's contract as well.   

It was a theory that they are souring on Kevin Love already. They are either going to put the right pieces around LeBron, Love and Kyrie or go another direction.

I've seen no rumors of the Cavs or Lebron souring on Love.  The Cavs just got Love via trade with Lebron heavily recruiting him.  They're not going to turn around and trade him after a couple months.  Also Utah just overpaid to keep Hayward and he's having a good season for them so why would they be willing to trade him after a couple months?

I'll add to that. My reasoning is the Celtics have too many players as it stands and are struggling for leadership.  I don't want to trade Green, Sully or Bradley.  But I do want to rid ourselves of Wallace and Bass. I also think Jay Crowder is a keeper from a roleplayer perspective and Bradley is a nice roleplayer too but we have James Young coming up.  This would just give our team more focus and Hayward is a guy that could provide some of that and go hard into the draft after Okafor.  I'm not saying I totally buy this either. I like our team but just a scenario.

Build with Smart, KO, Hayward, James young, Zeller, Jay Crowder and a center.   We  get cap space etc..

DA is inquiring with Cleveland as far as 3 team deals and that can mean a lot of things.

I also am not a fan of trading Sully and not big on trade scenarios unless the accomplish something.   I think we should build with sully and around him in ways.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:57:31 AM by piercetruth34 »

« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2014, 04:45:29 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't know what cleveland is thinking but never been sold on the whole Lebron, Love thing.  Both guys are massive stat stuffers.  Looking at clevelands record hasn't changed my mind on that either.  Always have felt that team was missing pieces or it just wouldn't work.  Love is an LA guy. I can see Sully and Bradley in Cleveland for some reason although I still see him here too.  I think Sully is a guy we should build around ala Pierce but watching Green and Sully neither guy seems engaged defensisvely of late. People talked about Rondo being that way just got me thinking is all.  Makes me wonder.   Just trying to put the dots together.

With KO here a decision may need to be made on these guys.  I think if I had to keep someone it would be KO there right now.  Still like Sully alot though and I go back and forth.

Sully does not seem to be playing to his abilities.  He is up and down much like Green is.  All last year people would hate on Green and Sully could do no wrong but i watch the games and I felt like Sully is just as inconsistant.  Young though..

Sully and Green could turn it up.  That would be nice.  But as it stands Sully is up and down and so is Green.

Sully might fit better with a guy like Lebron and Kevin Love might fit well with Kobe.  Hayward may fit well here.  I don't know.   Just thinking out loud.

I watch Sully and I've watched the games and something is blocknig him.  He's either a glorified roleplayer or something more.  I'm not sure I see pierce there.  I dont see Sully being successful as just a roleplayer.  He needs to play and be something he may not be able to be here.

Cleveland may prefer Sully over Love and get another player some other way because SUlly is cheaper.

I'm also not connected to anyone in the league.  I'm in my parents basement lol(not quite but lol) I just thought of this.   Not bad though.

These are just thoughts. I can see the celtics keeping Sully and going other directions too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:12:55 AM by piercetruth34 »