Author Topic: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN  (Read 56533 times)

Re: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If you guys want a good laugh about potential deals from the Cavs perspective and confirmation that not just our fans and this board overvalue our own players and underestimate the intellect of opposing GMs, check this out:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/12/24/7447835/potential-trades-for-the-cleveland-cavaliers-to-address-the-need-at

To Cleveland: Brandon Wright (Keith Bogans trade exemption would need to be used to absorb his salary)

To Boston: Joe Harris, 2015 second round pick via Boston, 2015 second round pick via Sacramento

I mean how stupid do they think we are????

They saw the RR deal?

LOL JK

TP...Hoho ho...made me laugh. Merry Christmas.

Hmm, Joe Harris...yeah, okay, why not, lol? ;D And more picks, including one of our own that we gave them in a previous deal (how Minnesota-Boston circa 2006, haha)?  You can't ask for a better deal (sarcasm), lol. ;D Sushi in a car?  Oh boy! ;) ::) ;D Is this an after-Christmas special, already, haha?  Honestly, I'd do it.  Wright's not going to be here, anyway, and the Bogans exception expires at the end of the year just like his contract, so, what's not to like? 

« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wonder what Marcus Smart could fetch us. He can't play. Not yet anyway.

« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2014, 06:38:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This could work

Celts get: T. Thompson, M. Dellavadova and Haywood from Cleveland and the
Knicks 2016 pick from Denver
Denver gets: Zeller and Sully
Cleveland gets: Mozgov and Thornton

With these move we clear more cap space and have Thompson's restricted free agency rights.

« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
This could work

With these move we clear more cap space and have Thompson's restricted free agency rights.

Absolutely horrible for Denver.

« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2014, 10:09:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
This could work

Fixed it up.

I think this a pretty even deal for all involved.

Celts get T.Thompson and B.Haywood
Cavs get B.Bass and T.Mozgov
Denver gets T.Zeller and J.Sullinger

Celts free up more cap space, could waive Haywood and can match any offer on Thompson next summer.

« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This could work

Fixed it up.

Celts free up more cap space, could waive Haywood and can match any offer on Thompson next summer.

No, no, no - get McGee to Cleveland, lol. ;) ;D Now that would be awesome, haha. ;D

« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
This could work

Fixed it up.

No, no, no - get McGee to Cleveland, lol. ;) ;D Now that would be awesome, haha. ;D

Lol

Celts do kinda give up a lot in my trade idea but honestly, now it's more about cap space for next summer than it is about them winning games this season.

If they go that route, these would be the only guys under contract next season.

Smart
Bradley
Turner
Olynyk
Crowder
Wallace

Thompson would be a RFA so they could match any offer and Green has a player option.
Maybe him and Ainge work something out where he declines his option to free up space to acquire more talent.

« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2014, 11:08:58 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If you guys want a good laugh about potential deals from the Cavs perspective and confirmation that not just our fans and this board overvalue our own players and underestimate the intellect of opposing GMs, check this out:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/12/24/7447835/potential-trades-for-the-cleveland-cavaliers-to-address-the-need-at

To Cleveland: Brandon Wright (Keith Bogans trade exemption would need to be used to absorb his salary)

To Boston: Joe Harris, 2015 second round pick via Boston, 2015 second round pick via Sacramento

I mean how stupid do they think we are????

They saw the RR deal?

LOL JK

TP...Hoho ho...made me laugh. Merry Christmas.

Hmm, Joe Harris...yeah, okay, why not, lol? ;D And more picks, including one of our own that we gave them in a previous deal (how Minnesota-Boston circa 2006, haha)?  You can't ask for a better deal (sarcasm), lol. ;D Sushi in a car?  Oh boy! ;) ::) ;D Is this an after-Christmas special, already, haha?  Honestly, I'd do it.  Wright's not going to be here, anyway, and the Bogans exception expires at the end of the year just like his contract, so, what's not to like?

The picks are 2015 top 55 protected seconds.  Unless we suddenly become a top 5 team in the league (in which case the pick is worthless), we get it anyway
I'm bitter.

« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2014, 01:04:09 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland is souring on Kevin Love already, and before you assume something, Love gets shipped to the Lakers we ship a couple of our guys to Cleveland and we get a player somehow.  Just a scenario and I'd rather make the right moves but if we want to delve even farther into a rebuild

Rough draft for example

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Hayward, players, LAkers pick

Utah

Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, draft picks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:12:33 AM by piercetruth34 »

« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2014, 01:12:44 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This could work

Fixed it up.

Poor deal for the Celts even having acknowledged the financial benefits of the deal.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2014, 01:47:06 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
This could work

Fixed it up.

Poor deal for the Celts even having acknowledged the financial benefits of the deal.

Haywood's contract is a good asset.  Next year's $10m doesn't become guaranteed until August 1st, 2015.  So even if we're under the cap, we have a chance to trade it to an over the cap team.  I'd like to get the Memphis 1st from the Cavs but I can't see them giving it up unless they really love Mozgov.   

« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2014, 02:11:21 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland is souring on Kevin Love already, and before you assume something, Love gets shipped to the Lakers we ship a couple of our guys to Cleveland and we get a player somehow.  I'm not big for trade scenarios because they are all nuts and I'd rather build with our guys but

Rough draft but for example

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Utah

So we would be trading Bradley, Sully, Jeff, and Bass, to unload Wallace, get Hayward, and the Lakers pick (which was traded (top 5 protected) to the Suns, but with Love and absolutely no motivation to do poorly in order to keep the pick, would be conveyed to the suns)

So, our 3 best players, Bass, AND giving Love to the LAKERS to unload Wallace and get Hayward?  Thanks, but no thanks.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2014, 02:20:15 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland is souring on Kevin Love already, and before you assume something, Love gets shipped to the Lakers we ship a couple of our guys to Cleveland and we get a player somehow.  I'm not big for trade scenarios because they are all nuts and I'd rather build with our guys but

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Utah

So we would be trading Bradley, Sully, Jeff, and Bass, to unload Wallace, get Hayward, and the Lakers pick (which was traded (top 5 protected) to the Suns, but with Love and absolutely no motivation to do poorly in order to keep the pick, would be conveyed to the suns)

So, our 3 best players, Bass, AND giving Love to the LAKERS to unload Wallace and get Hayward?  Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm more just trying to think a little bigger and something that actually accomplishes something.  It's more just a scenario.  A lot of trade scenarios I have issues with because they don't really accomplish anything.   I also like our players and trading player A for player B needs to accomplish something from a chemistry standpoint bigger picture standpoint.  When Ainge makes a move there is usually a direction in mind and it's not as simple as saying player A for player B.  He has to like the players he's getting back and they have to have some purpose here.

« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2014, 02:28:08 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Utah

I'm more just trying to think a little bigger and something that actually accomplishes something.  It's more just a scenario.  A lot of trade scenarios I have issues with because they don't really accomplish anything.   I also like our players and trading player A for player B needs to accomplish something from a chemistry standpoint bigger picture standpoint.  When Ainge makes a move there is usually a direction in mind and it's not as simple as saying player A for player B.  He has to like the players he's getting back and they have to have some purpose here.

Why would Cleveland make that trade?  They are giving up Love for Sullinger and Bradley which is a major step back but then you're forcing them to take on Wallace's contract as well.   

« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2014, 02:30:37 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White

Lakers get

Kevin Love

Cleveland gets

Jared Sullinger
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace

Boston gets

Utah

Why would Cleveland make that trade?  They are giving up Love for Sullinger and Bradley which is a major step back but then you're forcing them to take on Wallace's contract as well.   

It was a theory that they are souring on Kevin Love already. They are either going to put the right pieces around LeBron, Love and Kyrie or go another direction.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:48:08 AM by piercetruth34 »