Author Topic: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN  (Read 56532 times)

Re: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2014, 10:28:03 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Yawn….yawn….yawn

Ainge is such an idiot.

How many draft picks and exceptions does he need if that's what he's looking for?

Unless he just wants to help the Cavs again.

Yes, how dare Ainge collect future assets.

Ainge is a f ing genius.

Oh please.

I think the term "asset" is starting to become a bit overused and over exaggerated.

Six first round picks in the next two years and a $12.9 million dollar trade exception.
Keep working the phones, Danny!

« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Yawn….yawn….yawn

Ainge is such an idiot.

How many draft picks and exceptions does he need if that's what he's looking for?

Read this slow so you can understand it...He wants the picks and exceptions to REBUILD.

Did stealing Zeller from the Cavs help them?
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
I don t do anything for nothing .....the other teams are my enemy . 

If they don't have the assets to  make it worth the trouble or help the Celtics get ahead

Then forget them ......and the horse they rode in on.

i not impressed with our new center from the Rondo trade .....maybe it's too early .....but right now I'd dump him for that first round pick of Cavs . .....

LeBron will just have to man up , gain some weight and rebound till Wright can be traded ......

LeBron ...is showing signs of breaking down.

Why do you always have spaces in between every sentence?

Is there a purpose for the space??

Just curious.

Does it matter?   SA has been typing like that since I've seen him/her in this forum.   I understand the messages. That's all that matters for me

It was a simple question that wasn't directed at you. 

Are you "SA's" lawyer? 

If not, then let SA decide if they want to answer the question or not. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yawn….yawn….yawn

Ainge is such an idiot.

Yes, how dare Ainge collect future assets.

Ainge is a f ing genius.

Oh please.

I think the term "asset" is starting to become a bit overused and over exaggerated.

Six first round picks in the next two years and a $12.9 million dollar trade exception.
Keep working the phones, Danny!

We'll likely have more first rounders after Ainge gets what he can for the TPE, Green, Wright and possibly Bass/Nelson. Ainge is really doing his part to speed up this rebuild.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If any of these "assets" lead to anything, then fine, I'll be a happy camper.

Til then, Ainge's quest to rebuild the team gets an incomplete from me.

By the way, don't look now, but I think guys like Sully and Green are getting tired of losing and I don't blame them one bit.

Not sure why Ainge is getting such a benefit of the doubt.

« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

By the way, don't look now, but I think guys like Sully and Green are getting tired of losing and I don't blame them one bit.

I think he is getting the benefit of the doubt because people want to see what he gets out of the picks and exception before saying that he is "such an idiot". 

« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Because he won a championship in five years with no help from the previous front office.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Sorry, but Sully and Green have a job to do.  It's not like they have been playing on a losing team for the past 10 years.  Not everyone can be on a championship team.  They are getting paid big money to play basketball for a living and there is no guarantee of team success.  It's up to them as PROFESSIONALS to play like they care. 

« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I think he is getting the benefit of the doubt because people want to see what he gets out of the picks and exception before saying that he is "such an idiot".

I didn't mean to sound rude when I made that comment about Ainge.

It's just frustrating because quite frankly, I just want to see our team be better than they are.

« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Because he keeps turning lemons into lemonade.

« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

I didn't mean to sound rude when I made that comment about Ainge.

It's just frustrating because quite frankly, I just want to see our team be better than they are.

I understand the frustration.  It's not easy to watch a historic team play like crap.

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2014, 11:28:19 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Sorry, but Sully and Green have a job to do.  It's not like they have been playing on a losing team for the past 10 years.  Not everyone can be on a championship team.  They are getting paid big money to play basketball for a living and there is no guarantee of team success.  It's up to them as PROFESSIONALS to play like they care.

Green has spent most of his career on good teams with competent coaching.  Sully has probably never experienced anything in all his years of playing basketball like what he's gone though last season and this.

I'm starting to think that Stevens has forgotten that a winning culture starts with winning.  He's trying to build this Platonic ideal of how a team should play with little regard for the immediate results.  But he doesn't have the talent to win on that alone and he doesn't have the NBA credibility to withstand long term failure.

Or to put it another way, I think Stevens may be so focused on being perfect at some undetermined point in the future that he doesn't care about getting a little better right now.

Mike

« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2014, 11:33:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Because he keeps turning lemons into lemonade.

Chris 22 you got to be a little patient.  Picks got us Big Al, Green, Allen etc.  Then were flipped for the big three . Then you know what happened after

Danny is confident about facing the draft.  He has done a very good job after the Giddens, JJJ disaster with picking Sullinger, KO, Smart, Young.   

The next big player that is rumored to be on the market or asks to be traded , the Celts are 1st or 2nd in line right now. Especially if that team trading the "star" wants to rebuild through the draft.   For Durant, we will give you 4 1st round picks (on draft night we have a top 3 pick). If OKC is looking to rebuild for whatever reason as an example, they will take our offer. 

« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2014, 11:34:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Right now the Celts can use a "me me me" guy like waiters.

No, the Celtics don't need a guy like that and I don't think that such a player will fit under Stevens.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2014, 11:44:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Right now the Celts can use a "me me me" guy like waiters.

No, the Celtics don't need a guy like that and I don't think that such a player will fit under Stevens.

BS tried to make JCraw to be a guy like that. In the beginning of that season it was kind worked.  When things are stressful , we got Smart to inject life/provide energy on the defensive end. Provide leadership in the defensive end. But who is going to provide that on the offensive end?

Every good team has a go to scorer or a few scorers .   Spurs have Ginobelli, Parker, Green  , Rockets have Harden,  Mavs Dirk, Monta, Raptors Lowry  etc.  The crappy teams are crappy/stay crappy bc they don't even have one guy like that. 

The two guys with the most potential on our team (outside of Green who is looking like he is on his way out) are Sullinger (struggling, out of shape) and KO (does not have the personality to be a "me" guy).   Waiters has the potential to be that guy. That is why the Cavs drafted him higher than expected.