Author Topic: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN  (Read 56531 times)

Re: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I tell you this much......I would not even PiCK UP the phone ......

Unless I was sure I was getting the BETTER end in any deal with Cavs or anybody really.

For Danny to make other s contenders for peanuts is beyond stupid

Any. Deal ......I d DO.......

Celtics need to be the CLEAR WIINNER in any deal

Screw the being fair.......get the best deal .....top,picks and players ,  they need to bend way over and grit their teeth to get our players .

Teams that are facilitators in a deal aren't going to be the clear Winner.  You're just trying to pick up more assets.  That's why Philly has been a part of so many trades.

I wonder if Danny is building up picks to give to Philly so they will take Wallace's contract.
no. why spend assets for no good purpose? wallace's salary is not preventing the celtics from signing a free agent or making a trade, and it only has one year left after this season.

and if, by some chance, it was a bother, ainge could stretch out wallace's salary and it would only be a $2 million and change hit each year for 5 years. not a deal breaker.

ainge needs to invest those assets in other areas instead.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
I'd look to do a 4 team trade if we're going to facilitate koufous to CLE anyway. Add in DEN and take McGee off their books.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l7h8wtk

We get MEM pick from CLE
A future 1st protected from DEN
and a 2nd from MEM

Buyout Prince and roll with the young guns, use McGee to balance out our roster and keep Oly and Sully at PF where they belong.

« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I want waiters if we do anything with Cleveland

« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
that may happen, but i dont like waiters' game. he seems to be the typical "high scorer on a bad team" sort of player. from what i read he is not coachable and doesnt play well within the system at cleveland.

he seems more of a scorer who does it by himself rather than working within an offensive system. as for his defense, again, what i read says he does not play good defense.

not sure what the celtics would do with waiters other than dump him on another team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I don t do anything for nothing .....the other teams are my enemy . 

If they don't have the assets to  make it worth the trouble or help the Celtics get ahead

Then forget them ......and the horse they rode in on.

i not impressed with our new center from the Rondo trade .....maybe it's too early .....but right now I'd dump him for that first round pick of Cavs . .....

LeBron will just have to man up , gain some weight and rebound till Wright can be traded ......

LeBron ...is showing signs of breaking down.

« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
CLEVELAND (AP) — Anderson Varejao's season has ended, dealing a major blow to the Cavaliers' NBA title hopes.

Cleveland's starting center tore his left Achilles tendon on Tuesday night in a win over Minnesota, an injury that will cost him the rest of this season and will force the Cavs to look for immediate help up front. The Cavs said an MRI confirmed the feared tear and that Varejao will undergo surgery "in the near future." A timetable for his return and rehab will not be established until after the operation.

« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yawn….yawn….yawn

Ainge is such an idiot.

How many draft picks and exceptions does he need if that's what he's looking for?

Unless he just wants to help the Cavs again.

Yes, how dare Ainge collect future assets.

Ainge is a f ing genius.

Oh please.

I think the term "asset" is starting to become a bit overused and over exaggerated.

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
that may happen, but i dont like waiters' game. he seems to be the typical "high scorer on a bad team" sort of player. from what i read he is not coachable and doesnt play well within the system at cleveland.

he seems more of a scorer who does it by himself rather than working within an offensive system. as for his defense, again, what i read says he does not play good defense.

not sure what the celtics would do with waiters other than dump him on another team.

At this point a high volume scorer on a bad team is what we need! We are a bad team we might as well bring in a young guy with frustrating potential

« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Waiters is kind of like Thornton. But with more skills. You can't limit these kind of players. They are scorers and you want them to score

Waiters has been playing really well as of late. He is still young and will understand the importance of team ball as he gets older.

Right now the Celts can use a "me me me" guy like waiters.  Your down 8 and need 2 or 3 buckets in the next 2 , min? This is the guy that can and wants to get the job done.   He has been playing in the shadows of Irving and now Lebron.  He could excel as a guy dependent on to do some "crucial" scoring.  He was that guy in Syracuse

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Waiters is kind of like Thornton. But with more skills. You can't limit these kind of players. They are scorers and you want them to score

Waiters has been playing really well as of late. He is still young and will understand the importance of team ball as he gets older.

Right now the Celts can use a "me me me" guy like waiters.  Your down 8 and need 2 or 3 buckets in the next 2 , min? This is the guy that can and wants to get the job done.   He has been playing in the shadows of Irving and now Lebron.  He could excel as a guy dependent on to do some "crucial" scoring.  He was that guy in Syracuse

Yeah, I would be happier with Waiters than Wright. He is more in the mold of McLemore in terms of potential so it would be like we traded Rondo for a first and a guy high draft pick who still has lots of room to improve.

That trade would leave us with so many guards, I am not sure how we would handle it.

« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Is Waiters significantly better than Thornton? It just seems like combo guards that really only score are just so easy to get. Tony Wroten, Jordan Crawford, Thornton types are available in the late 1st commonly and on the open market. Is Waiters a cut above the the average 1-dimensional combo guard?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2014, 09:57:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Is Waiters significantly better than Thornton? It just seems like combo guards that really only score are just so easy to get. Tony Wroten, Jordan Crawford, Thornton types are available in the late 1st commonly and on the open market. Is Waiters a cut above the the average 1 dimensional combo guard?

Have you ever seen Thornton able to do some of the things below?? Waiters has more skills. Has a longer wingspan, leaps higher.  His handles are underrated.   Cavs probably don't want to give him up but they have Lebron and Irving to rely on to do most of the scoring. Really need to replace Verajao but have like no assets to give up, unless it's Thompson (which is not likely bc they really will be empty upfront or Waiters). Or sign a bum like Jermaine O'neil.     

They need to replace Varejao ASAP. Wait a month until the deadline hits and you will have overworked Lebron, Irving especially to make up (for scoring etc.) for not having a decent center in the lineup.

Danny has been a fan of Waiters.   Green to grizzlies, Koufus + (picks etc) to Cavs, Waiters to Celtics is a good trade for all three teams imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAIsTaz04w
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:09:00 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

If they don't have the assets to  make it worth the trouble or help the Celtics get ahead

i not impressed with our new center from the Rondo trade .....maybe it's too early .....but right now I'd dump him for that first round pick of Cavs . .....

LeBron will just have to man up , gain some weight and rebound till Wright can be traded ......

Why do you always have spaces in between every sentence?

Is there a purpose for the space??

Just curious.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why do you always have spaces in between every sentence?

Is there a purpose for the space??

Just curious.

Does it matter?   SA has been typing like that since I've seen him/her in this forum.   I understand the messages. That's all that matters for me

« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Is Waiters significantly better than Thornton? It just seems like combo guards that really only score are just so easy to get. Tony Wroten, Jordan Crawford, Thornton types are available in the late 1st commonly and on the open market. Is Waiters a cut above the the average 1 dimensional combo guard?

Have you ever seen Thornton able to do some of the things below?? Waiters has more skills. Has a longer wingspan, leaps higher.  His handles are underrated.   Cavs probably don't want to give him up but they have Lebron and Irving to rely on to do most of the scoring. Really need to replace Verajao but have like no assets to give up, unless it's Thompson (which is not likely bc they really will be empty upfront or Waiters). Or sign a bum like Jermaine O'neil.     

They need to replace Varejao ASAP. Wait a month until the deadline hits and you will have overworked Lebron, Irving especially to make up (for scoring etc.) for not having a decent center in the lineup.

Danny has been a fan of Waiters.   Green to grizzlies, Koufus + (picks etc) to Cavs, Waiters to Celtics is a good trade for all three teams imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAIsTaz04w

Have I seen Thornton do what? Score in the NBA? Yes. There are youtube mixes on Thornton scoring on the internet too.

Waiters may have potential, but he only plays 20 minutes a game. He's shooting the 3-ball at under 30% on the year, and is characterized by many Cavs fans as a selfish idiot with below average D.

Oh and that commentator ::) ;D. That guy's got some spunk.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:40:52 PM by Nerf DPOY »