Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully  (Read 40177 times)

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I repeat....

Sullinger made 44% of his 3's in the month of December.

There's plenty of legitimate complaints to be made about Sully, but for some reason, people just want to stick to the ones rationalized by talking points they're comfortable explaining.

"Sully's fat," even though numerous reports confirm his obvious weight loss.

"Sully is a lazy three-point shooter," even though the percentage of his shots within ten feet of the rim is double the percentage of his shots behind the arc.

"Sully is a bad three-point shooter," even though Sully has shot better than league average from three this season.

"Sully can't defend," even though he's statistically one of our better defensive bigs this year and consistently ordered to guard the bigger and/or better opposing big man whenever he's on the court (he's gotten some relief in this respect ever since Zeller began to start).

Again, Sully is far from perfect. Without his back issues, he would've been a top ten pick and I think it's fair to demand the results we'd expect to see out of such a highly touted prospect. I just don't understand why so many waste their breath repeating critiques of Sully that expired years ago.

I guess because Rondo is not around to pick on anymore.

Get Gerald Wallace on the court to catch some of this heat.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I repeat....

There's plenty of legitimate complaints to be made about Sully, but for some reason, people just want to stick to the ones rationalized by talking points they're comfortable explaining.

"Sully is a lazy three-point shooter," even though the percentage of his shots within ten feet of the rim is double the percentage of his shots behind the arc.

"Sully is a bad three-point shooter," even though Sully has shot better than league average from three this season.

"Sully can't defend," even though he's statistically one of our better defensive bigs this year and consistently ordered to guard the bigger and/or better opposing big man whenever he's on the court (he's gotten some relief in this respect ever since Zeller began to start).

Again, Sully is far from perfect. Without his back issues, he would've been a top ten pick and I think it's fair to demand the results we'd expect to see out of such a highly touted prospect. I just don't understand why so many waste their breath repeating critiques of Sully that expired years ago.

Sure, I miss him calling out the team after every loss too, that would be great.

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
You know maybe there's a possibility that Sullinger is fustrated with losing.

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Then he should start calling out the team like Wallace used to do, you know, pick up some of the slack. At least he would be entertaining.

« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I repeat....

Sure, I miss him calling out the team after every loss too, that would be great.

You guys are forgetting Bradley. Every time he misses a jumper it evokes 3 negative posts about him in the game threads, and an angel gets its wings.

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
I repeat....

You guys are forgetting Bradley. Every time he misses a jumper it evokes 3 negative posts about him in the game threads, and an angel gets its wings.

Lol, TP. That's true. Stevens has been catching a lot of flak too. I've also been noticing in the game threads the utter depression expressed whenever Bass enters the game.

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »

Offline the coreys

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Who listens to this tool seriously? He has zero insight and is dumb as a rock.

All you need to know is that he chimed in on the Rondo trade rumors after yahoo broke them and said nothing was imminent. Rondo was gone less than 24 hours later. He sucks

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Who listens to this tool seriously? He has zero insight and is dumb as a rock.

All you need to know is that he chimed in on the Rondo trade rumors after yahoo broke them and said nothing was imminent. Rondo was gone less than 24 hours later. He sucks

Aside from Blakely sucking, was anyone else shaking their head at CSN's reporting of the imminent Rondo trade consisting of articles about what yahoo was reporting? They should be banned from claiming that any of their reporters are Celtics insiders.

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just saw the game again bc i missed alot of the 2nd half. And Sully is on his way out of the rotation. From starting to out of the rotation. The worse thing he did in the game, was sit down and sulk all night long.  The team made a serious comeback, defensive plays after defensive plays, crucial buckets after crucial buckets and i didn't see him once clap or stand up.  I could not even tell where he was in the bench, he was like a ghost

If he keeps up with this attitude, he will be buried deep into the bench or worse traded.   He has to get it together and play harder.  He had a few string of bad games last season, he talked to his dad and went on fire for the next several.   He can't rely on his dad to lecture him when he is struggling and needs to self motivate

He has not been playing with that "edge" for the past week and a half.  Maybe he is injured? Maybe he is tired bc of his chubby body.    What might never change though is , his struggles against guys that are just as big/strong but have more length(Vucevic, Oquinn) .  Can't finish games bc of his incapability to deal with intense defense required (able to guard multiple players, against transition basketball).

I don't dislike Sully, actually i still believe he was a steal a few years ago. But he should be coming off the bench now.   He needs to get hungry and play desperate ball again.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:05:27 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
Just saw the game again bc i missed alot of the 2nd half. And Sully is on his way out of the rotation. From starting to out of the rotation. The worse thing he did in the game, was sit down and sulk all night long.  The team made a serious comeback, defensive plays after defensive plays, crucial buckets after crucial buckets and i didn't see him once clap or stand up.  I could not even tell where he was in the bench, he was like a ghost

If he keeps up with this attitude, he will be buried deep into the bench or worse traded.   He has to get it together and play harder.  He had a few string of bad games last season, he talked to his dad and went on fire for the next several.   He can't rely on his dad to lecture him when he is struggling and needs to self motivate

He has not been playing with that "edge" for the past week and a half.  Maybe he is injured? Maybe he is tired bc of his chubby body.    What might never change though is , his struggles against guys that are just as biggest him but have more length(Vucevic, Oquinn) .  Can't finish games bc of his incapability to deal with intense defense required (able to guard multiple players, against transition basketball).

I don't dislike Sully, actually i still believe he was a steal a few years ago. But he should be coming off the bench now.   He needs to get hungry and play desperate ball again.

Sully's body language was poor but I do remember him standing up and clapping a number of times, particularly when ET would make a play. I made a point of watching the bench because I wanted to see how Sully responded to the benching.

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Losing really sucks if you're a player or a fan.

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I repeat....

I've always maintained that Bradley has more All-Star potential than Sullinger.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2014, 11:28:55 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I repeat....

I've always maintained that Bradley has more All-Star potential than Sullinger.

Pressey has a better chance at being an all star than Bradley.  If AB can't bring the defense like he did in the past, then he's no better than Thornton. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #133 on: December 25, 2014, 01:40:19 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Sully doesn't strike me as a man whose lost his appetite too many times in the past.  :)

No but seriously, I agree with your sentiment completely. He's got to fight for his job as a professional. The difference between Sullinger and KO from my perspective is that you can see improvements in kelly's game from where he was last year, or even from where he was at the beginning of the season. Sully looks to be stagnating and not improving at all and to make matters worse doesn't appear to be putting in the work necessary to take the next step.

He needs to earn his minutes because right now he doesn't deserve them.

« Reply #134 on: December 25, 2014, 02:13:30 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think he's frustrated with himself more than anything else. He clearly knows the reason why he was benched on the 2nd half of the last game. Good move by Stevens IMO. This should wake him up a little bit and make him realize that he needs to play with urgency(i.e. Running back on defense - improving his conditioning could certainly help) if he wants to retain his starting spot.