Author Topic: The bowling ball known as Marcus Smart  (Read 4045 times)

Re: The bowling ball known as Marcus Smart
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I wonder how many people who make the Banks Smart comparison actually saw Marcus Banks play.

I don't wonder that, at all.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I wonder how many people who make the Banks Smart comparison actually saw Marcus Banks play.

You nailed it. If his first name were "John" he'd be called Bagley, if it were "Sherman"....

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Recently I watched the Hobbit movie and was specifically thinking the dwarves move and fight like bowling balls while the elves fight like Ninja or cats. 

And that to me is like Smart vs Rondo. Rondo was an elf (albeit one would think an elf would shoot a little better) and Smart is a dwarf. (Although Smart doesn't shoot great either.)

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think his ankle is still bothering him.  Funny how a player tries to suck it up and fans criticize him.  The kid looked great and better than Rondo before he was injured.

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think his ankle is still bothering him.  Funny how a player tries to suck it up and fans criticize him.  The kid looked great and better than Rondo before he was injured.

he did?

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yup ...he is still hurt

He is not moving as  well.

Remember when KO had the string of nagging little injuries .....he was really off his mark

It may take him several months to get back to normal.

Plus he is just starting out.......for Pete sake ...it's going to,take a couple years to see the final product ..maybe  4 years

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
His injury's have slowed him down, thinking too much about the game and not taking it to the hoop. He started to do that a little the last couple of games, but he's still lacking the explosiveness.

Plus KO had a nice turnaround after the all star break last year, when he got comfortable and the game slowed down for him. Smart's doesn't even have 20 games under his belt, so I bet things are moving a bit fast for him at times.

This summer he'll be able to work on his body, get that baby fat off and build lean fast muscle with the help of the training staff.  I'm not too worried about it yet.

And the Marcus Banks 2.0 crap needs to stop. They are different players, Smart has the willingness to work at being a better basketball player, were Banks didn't just relied on his abilities he came in with. Give the kid a chance, if he doesn't improve in two years, then lay it one him. I mean did anybody think AB would even be in the league still after his first year, never mind being a half way decent player?

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 10:03:37 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If he is injured, it is ridiculous that they are playing him. What's the point? Let hm get healthy.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I don't expect much from Smart this year, injuries notwithstanding.  A lot of guards who later become good players have a mediocre to poor rookie years, including one Rajon Rondo.  He also just seems like the type of player who will take some time to adjust to the NBA.