Author Topic: With whom can we trade up to get a top 5 pick for the 2015 draft?  (Read 24543 times)

Re: With whom can we trade up to get a top 5 pick for the 2015 draft?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That's not going to get the first pick in the draft.
Or even the 5th or 6th.

Edit: It took the 16th and 19th AND a second round pick to get Doug McDermott at the 11th pick. Imagine having to move up further and with better prospects on the board.

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's not going to get the first pick in the draft.
Or even the 5th or 6th.

Exactly.  Like another poster mentioned, this isn't the NFL draft.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I see them as players of completely different caliber.

Okafor - Tim Duncan - can't miss
Towns - Derrick Favors
WCS - Tyson Chandler

I'd sell the farm for Okafor.

Okafor is closer to jefferson than duncan. Average impact on the defensive. He doesnt seem interested in playing tough physical defense imo

I like harrell better. Not as skilled but a force and unpleasent to play against

I'm not as sold on Okafor as most are. No way in heck will he turn into the next Tim Duncan. Jefferson is indeed a better comparison.

I wanted Harell last year, if we pick in the 9 - 13 range, I hope to snag him this year instead.

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't see Cauley-Stein as a top 5 pick, so if you are fine with him even if Boston doesn't have a top 5 pick, it should be in position to draft him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Jeff Goodman Mock from yesterday -

10 Mario Hezonja Boston Celtics COLLEGE: Croatia HT: 6-7 WT: 200 POS: SF
Analysis: The long and athletic Croatian wing plays for FC Barcelona in the ACB League, and can really shoot the ball. Hezonja can score from all three levels, which is something the Celtics desperately need from that spot.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Philly loves collecting picks so if they are in a draft position to select a center despite already having one I think they would do our (likely) lottery pick plus other picks for a high pick.

I could see Minnesota, Charlotte, Utah, Indiana, the Lakers or Orlando wanting to trade their pick for established talent. Not sure how much of that we have but maybe packaging our pick with Bradley, Zeller, or Sullinger could get us up higher in the first.

If Philly lands the top pick and wants Okafor, what do you think it takes to get Embid from them?  We certainly have a plethora of picks.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Analysis: The long and athletic Croatian wing plays for FC Barcelona in the ACB League, and can really shoot the ball. Hezonja can score from all three levels, which is something the Celtics desperately need from that spot.

Hezonja is very good, he could easily be our SG for the future. And then could use the Clippers pick to grab Dakari or another big available at that point.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Danny usually runs away from international prospects doesn't he?

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 05:32:27 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I see them as players of completely different caliber.

Okafor - Tim Duncan - can't miss
Towns - Derrick Favors
WCS - Tyson Chandler

I'd sell the farm for Okafor.

Okafor is closer to jefferson than duncan. Average impact on the defensive. He doesnt seem interested in playing tough physical defense imo

I like harrell better. Not as skilled but a force and unpleasent to play against

I'm not as sold on Okafor as most are. No way in heck will he turn into the next Tim Duncan. Jefferson is indeed a better comparison.

I wanted Harell last year, if we pick in the 9 - 13 range, I hope to snag him this year instead.

Okafor and Towns are both franchise centers in the making.

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

Don't want any of international player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
NBADraft.net has us taking Myles Turner at #10...anyone like him?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Danny usually runs away from international prospects doesn't he?
no. not accurate. boris badenov had a great post exactly on this. this is one of those myths that keep popping up around here, such as doc rivers never playing rookies.

so, do not worry about it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
NBADraft.net has us taking Myles Turner at #10...anyone like him?
his size and stats seem to make him a good choice. not athletic, but gets rebounds, blocks, etc.

my biggest concern is his game against kentucky and their great front line of WCS, towns, and johnson. in 18 minutes turner:

- fouled out
- 6 points
- 5 defensive rebounds
- 0 offensive rebounds
- shot 1 for 3

it is only one game and kentucky is a heck of a team. but in the video i saw turner simply looked over matched by kentucky's big men.

scroll down a bit to see the video for yourself.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Myles-Turner-72850/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Heres what is interesting. The top six teams for the lotto as of now is Philly,NY,Detroit,Minny,Charlotte,Utah.

Philly has Noel,Embiid,Saric.
NY has nothing for bigs
Detroit has Monroe and Drummond
Minny has Bennett and Dieng.
Utah has Kanter,Favors, Gobert
Charlotte has Jefferson,Zeller,Bymbio,Vonleh

The Knicks  are the only team that NEEDs a big. Every one else has something in place. And if they decide to make a upgrade, they may be willing to sell some what cheap for a complementary big.

Like Detroit could use a shooting PF to play next to either Drummond or Monroe. We have KO and Sully to use and to keep. Or say Charlotte needs a wing. We have Green,Turner,Thorton,AB.

As long as the other teams play nice, DA has some options this year to make a good move.

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 06:16:44 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
imo the best we can hope for in regards to draft lottery position is #8: Minnesota, Philly, Orlando, Detroit, New York, Lakers and Utah all seem to be clearly worse (although Utah are only just behind us on record and Kobe could come back refreshed and carry Lakers to a handful more wins).

Orlando have surprised so far, but I can't see them continuing along that path... similarly, Detroit have been disappointing and could still turn it around (as could New York). I fully expect Charlotte to pick things up and Indiana are an unknown.

So, somehow we need to move up from 7-10 range to a top 3... Okafor is the one player I'd give up the kitchen sink for but it's unlikely we either a. get the Cavs luck for the #1 or b. are able to trade into that position.

To move up we would need to offer up names like KO, Smart and/or Green... and those names don't pop out to teams looking to trade down and give up a top pick. We'll see closer to the trade deadline whether there are any potential trade downs (ups).
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses