Author Topic: Mavs lose at home to hawks  (Read 14467 times)

Re: Mavs lose at home to hawks
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
How is 1-2 not good? On a brand new team with not much practice time with them under his belt? If after 20 games the number isn't in his favor I could see bringing it up. But less the 5 games in?

It's below .500...it's a losing record...by definition it is NOT GOOD.
its 3 games...its a silly sized small sample...by definition it is MEANINGLESS.

For 3 games, 1-2 is NOT GOOD.  There's no arguing that...it's a fact..but I agree that it's a small sample size.
It is early to judge or are you looking for something to criticize rondo for

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
How is 1-2 not good? On a brand new team with not much practice time with them under his belt? If after 20 games the number isn't in his favor I could see bringing it up. But less the 5 games in?

For 3 games, 1-2 is NOT GOOD.  There's no arguing that...it's a fact..but I agree that it's a small sample size.
It is early to judge or are you looking for something to criticize rondo for

Nope.  I just thought it was funny that someone actually asked the question "How is 1-2 not good?".  Personally, I thought the answer was pretty obvious. 

I am not a Rondo basher....but I am not a Rondo lover either.  This board has been over the top on both sides...pro Rondo and anti Rondo....and they have been equally delusional in my opinion.     
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2014, 06:20:00 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

If the NBA only played 12 games a year then yes, it be a huge problem. Seeing that they play 8 million games a year it's a very small sample size and I wouldn't take too much from it. I'd say the same thing if they had gone 3-0 to this point with him too.
Peace through Tyranny