Author Topic: Mavs lose at home to hawks  (Read 14474 times)

Re: Mavs lose at home to hawks
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
The Hawks look really good. They beat Houston, Cavs, and Mavs on the road. They're going to be a team to watch out for in the East. While everyone was focusing on the chemistry issues of the Cavs and etc the Hawks were quietly putting together some solid wins.

I can see the difference in Rondo's defense some, he doesn't share the back court with the likes of AB (when he's playing well) so he knows he has to bring a little extra on defense. He doesn't have that comfort anymore.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:14:46 AM by sed522002 »

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, Atlanta is actually a really good team this year, so take that for what it's worth.

The Hawks have been beating quite a few good teams this year, including a few of the supposed Western conference powerhouses. Just the other night they beat Houston on their home court too.

Personally, I find the continued infatuation with discussing all things Rondo to be rather humorous.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
And the Grizzlies lost to the Jazz at home last night also.  What's the point?

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The thing about the game last night was Schroder's play.  He was pretty much a non-entity last year but has taken a huge step up, which is a reminder not to freak out about Smart as a rookie.

Mike

I liked him alot during the draft, but in the end happy with KO.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 10:01:01 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Hawks are playing like the best or second best team in the east right now, and as good as any western conference team. No shame in losing to them right now.

But...but...but...I thought the Hawks were the example of what you absolutely wanted to avoid as an NBA franchise?!?!

Mike

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74496.msg1769291#msg1769291

Have to say I saw this one coming.  Hawks are legit.  We played them really tough too.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
The Hawks are a great team and Korver is absolutely on fire this season. Rondo has been playing pretty decently so far from what I've seen. I recall him taking about four charges between two games already? Don't remember that many during the same stretch in green. If Rondo continues to work on his shooting he can be a real get for them. Once he knows exactly where his teammates prefer the ball they'll actually give him assists instead of missing shots.

I've seen a lot of the Hawks lately. They're not just "East good", they're legit competitive. The ECF is a four pony race if you ask me and that's leaving out Toronto. Much better than last year.

Have I seen a slight uptick in play from Rondo in the two Mavs games I've watched so far? Sure. Do I care? No. The Celtics are better off getting Smart as many minutes as possible while still showcasing Turner too.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Mavs lose, Rondo plays badly: "I knew he would hurt them, he's no better than Jameer Nelson!"

Mavs lose, Rondo plays well: "Rondo's still getting his numbers but can't make anyone around him better!"

Mavs win, Rondo plays well: "Rondo was dogging it on the C's, he's such a scumbag!"

Mavs win, Rondo plays poorly: "Rondo can't even play well surrounded by good players!"

Does that about cover it, people?

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I watched this game.

The Hawks completley refused to guard Rondo, and he kept missing open jumpers + his defense was horrible, he kept doing that whole thing where he lets his opponent go by and try to steal from behind but it was working and that German PG scored a ton of easy buckets.

This was in the 1st quarter though, he got better as the night went on and was the reason they got back to within 2.

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

Rondo wasn't a reason they lost tonight. And Schroder looks really good.

Disagree. He was a pretty big chunk of the reason why they fell behind so far in the 1st and 3rd quarters. But, I mean, he's a pg coming to a new team. They look terribly out of sync and that is to be expected. As they were freestyling the offense a bit, Schroder was definitely playing 6-8 feet off of Rondo and clogging Dirk's favored area and Rondo was dared to shoot jumpers and he missed the majority.

He picked his play up considerably at both ends in the 4th, but they had dug too big of a hole. Carlisle and Rajon should figure it out eventually.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
OP are you really still blaming Rondo for his new teams loss?
Come on man.
Poor Rondo can't catch a break, he's the reason for everything that happens around here.

Oh, I have diarrhea, must be Rondos fault!

Come on man.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Mavs lose, Rondo plays badly: "I knew he would hurt them, he's no better than Jameer Nelson!"

Mavs lose, Rondo plays well: "Rondo's still getting his numbers but can't make anyone around him better!"

Mavs win, Rondo plays well: "Rondo was dogging it on the C's, he's such a scumbag!"

Mavs win, Rondo plays poorly: "Rondo can't even play well surrounded by good players!"

TP! hahahahahaha

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18

Rondo wasn't a reason they lost tonight. And Schroder looks really good.

Disagree. He was a pretty big chunk of the reason why they fell behind so far in the 1st and 3rd quarters. But, I mean, he's a pg coming to a new team. They look terribly out of sync and that is to be expected. As they were freestyling the offense a bit, Schroder was definitely playing 6-8 feet off of Rondo and clogging Dirk's favored area and Rondo was dared to shoot jumpers and he missed the majority.

He picked his play up considerably at both ends in the 4th, but they had dug too big of a hole. Carlisle and Rajon should figure it out eventually.

I saw the same thing you saw, Rondo was the reason on both ends of the court why the Mavs got down by so much.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I don't know about that, but their offense has taken a drop and they have looked quite bad the last 2 games at home.

Atlanta is playing well right now and Dallas is still adjusting. I wouldn't read to much into the game. But Dallas was better before the trade than they are now. This is not surprising as it will take time to integrate Rondo and for Rondo to break his bad habits from the last few years and return to the same level of intensity was saw during the peak of the Garnett era Celtics. Dallas is also hoping that Rondo's impact will be felt during the playoffs where he seems to thrive.