Author Topic: Mavs lose at home to hawks  (Read 14473 times)

Mavs lose at home to hawks
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:26 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Gotta say I'm glad rondo lost tonight. For all the good things he did here right now the way he left, playing badly when he was supposed to be our leader - leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Seems like he didn't want to play hard for us if we weren't a contending team.
Hard to cheer for a guy like that.  I don't get the attitude that a player is entitled to be on a championship level team every year of their career. Anyway, if he didn't want to be here and play like he cared then good riddance. Hoping our next "captain" lives up to the title more.

Re: Mavs lose at home to hawks
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:34:18 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Gotta say I'm glad rondo lost tonight. For all the good things he did here right now the way he left, playing badly when he was supposed to be our leader - leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Hard to cheer for a guy like that.  I don't get the attitude that a player is entitled to be on a championship level team every year of their career. Anyway, if he didn't want to be here and play like he cared then good riddance. Hoping our next "captain" lives up to the title more.

Rondo wasn't a reason they lost tonight. And Schroder looks really good.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:40 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
rondo is a true great pg, nowhere near smart at this moment
the question is why trade for another? after releasing rondo? just because of the 1st pick?

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:00:39 AM »

Offline Greenpoison

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

Jumping on the "blame Rondo" train trying to make yourself believe things about his effort. Rondo played great tonight. No fault of his own.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:36:02 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
so every time the Mavs lose we're going get a thread that's basically "ha! rondo sucks! I told you so"?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
so every time the Mavs lose we're going get a thread that's basically "ha! rondo sucks! I told you so"?
Starting to look that way. And I'm sure when they win it will be "it wasn't because of him." And if they do win because of him it will be "he can only do it when he's got stars on his team."

I'm sure if Rondo had played at 100% here as of late and we won games some people would've been mad at him for that too for messing up their tank dreams.

It seems that some people just don't like him and will find a reason to bash him at every turn.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 07:09:52 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This is just sad. The man is not even on this team anymore. Did he take your wife or something?

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 07:58:40 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Acting as devil's advocate it s not imho rondo bashing. It s targeted more against those who fail to see his weaknesses. I agree that he gets hate by some but there also others thinking he is God.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Idk if Rondo is fully healthy, Schroeder torched him tonight. Seems like Rondo might have injuries not released to the press. I thought Rondo had regressed, but he's looking like he's a outside the top 15 pg right now.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:01 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have to say that I find complaining about threads and implying that anyone who has anything negative to say about Rondo is a hater is kind of tired.  (Of course, now I am complaining about complaining about threads so I not sure where that leaves me).

Analyzing how Rondo plays on Dallas is fair game in my opinion.  I find it interesting to see how he does as compared to how I perceived his talent and ability on the Celtics.  If you don't care how Rondo does or don't find it interesting how he does, fine, don't read the thread because in any thread, you are going to get the Rondo Sucks and Rondo is the Best extreme opinions.

If you do decide to read the thread, you should expect that there are going to be some extreme opinions that seem ridiculous.  I don't understand the point of complaining about it.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Idk if Rondo is fully healthy, Schroeder torched him tonight. Seems like Rondo might have injuries not released to the press. I thought Rondo had regressed, but he's looking like he's a outside the top 15 pg right now.

Schroeder has arrived , rondo just got outplayed. Schroeder also outplayed him when they met before

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Ainge is a genius trading the corpse of Rondo for a 1st

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 08:46:19 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The thing about the game last night was Schroder's play.  He was pretty much a non-entity last year but has taken a huge step up, which is a reminder not to freak out about Smart as a rookie.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This loss had less to do with Rondo and more to do with the Hawks being absolutely on fire. They are 13-1 in their last 14 including a four game win streak against all playoff teams (Chicago, Cleveland, Houston and Dallas).

I am going to say I was a little put off when Rondo took four charges in his first game, because he hasn't tried that hard on defense this year. But that type of effort can't be maintained every night if he is to stay healthy.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hawks are playing like the best or second best team in the east right now, and as good as any western conference team. No shame in losing to them right now.