Author Topic: REGGIE JACKSON..  (Read 6922 times)

Re: REGGIE JACKSON..
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Didn't Danny promise this kid to draft him until OKC snatched him away?

Maybe Reggie might be willing to play here since this is his hometown.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 11:29:15 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
RFAs are fool's gold. If it's a good player, the other team will always match.

Then again, this is legendarily cheap OKC we're talking about, so I guess Jackson is more attainable than Butler/Leonard.

Jackson is exactly the kind of almost-star that might be willing to come to a rebuilding team as well. Young, improving, sick of playing second-fiddle and looking for someplace where he can be alpha dog.
We could convince them by doing a sign a trade and giving up a couple first round picks.

I think the only way they would resign Jackson is if they believe Durant is not staying.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I like this player a lot. I don't think there is any way OKC keeps him. A Smart/Jackson backcourt would be interesting. The NBA seems to be Goin towards a more combo guard oriented league. I also like Dragic as another possible target.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 11:40:49 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I do have some doubts about the combination with Smart. That gives us yet another backcourt with no three-point shooting.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 11:55:44 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I do have some doubts about the combination with Smart. That gives us yet another backcourt with no three-point shooting.

Jackson shot a respectable 34% on threes last year. Smart has also shown that he is capable of knocking down long balls, he just needs to improve his shot selection. KO and Sully will shoot the most threes anyway  ;D

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 11:59:27 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Didn't Danny promise this kid to draft him until OKC snatched him away?

Maybe Reggie might be willing to play here since this is his hometown.

I agree. We might have some leverage there.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I completely agree.

The Celtics should trade for him now if they have interest in him for the offseason. Having his bird rights really would help in signing him.

I don't think OKC will match on a contract for him since it would put them heavily into the tax.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I completely agree.

The Celtics should trade for him now if they have interest in him for the offseason. Having his bird rights really would help in signing him.

I don't think OKC will match on a contract for him since it would put them heavily into the tax.

I agree.  Once they are trade eligible, I'd offer them Bradley and Bass or Bradley and Wright (their choice) for Jackson and Perkins.  Bradley would be a 4th or 5th option on their offense so he could go back to focusing on defense.   

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
This kid Jackson

He got game

Lakers want him too.

OKC ...won't match the money this dude is going to command.   Get ready for a stunner of a contract. 

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »

Offline nicpresta

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7

Jackson shot a respectable 34% on threes last year. Smart has also shown that he is capable of knocking down long balls, he just needs to improve his shot selection. KO and Sully will shoot the most threes anyway  ;D

I have a feeling that Smart will become decent from the three point line simply because of his work ethic, I just can't wait to see him fully develop !

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 09:13:23 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I have a feeling that Smart will become decent from the three point line simply because of his work ethic, I just can't wait to see him fully develop !
I think you see Smart finish the year above 30% and up to 35% next year. Although I'd rather have him get to the basket than chuck 3's at a crazy clip
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We should make a play for him, everyone is going after him I wager.  Jackson is 6-3. Smart is 6-4.   I think Smart at the worst will be a Tony Allen type able to guard bigger guys.   I would rather have Jackson than Avery.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wonder if they would do like Jeff Green and a pick for Jackson and Perk's expiring.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wonder if they would do like Jeff Green and a pick for Jackson and Perk's expiring.

i like that trade , but might have to send zellar or wright also to get the deal done.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Last year I was huge on the Reggie Jackson bandwagon. He was my ideal player back in a 3 team Rondo deal. Now that we have Smart he's a bit lower of a priority for me but I would like a 2 PG lineup with he and Smart. I wouldn't overpay him though (>$13 - 14M / yr) because I'd prefer an SG with a little more size.