Author Topic: If I'm Danny Ainge  (Read 10430 times)

If I'm Danny Ainge
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
It starts with one thing imo and a philosophy I have in my head.  But it starts with Smart and KO  and I build from there.  Everything else is up in the air at this point.  Just had this revelation in another thread.  But KO and Smart can do a lot of different things on a basketball court.  I think listening to Tommy Heinsohn he's touched on these things too. 

Re: If I'm Danny Ainge
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
You can make a good argument with those two as a starting point.  Will see...
When KO is aggressive, his is a keeper.  I hope he stays that way. 

I like Marcus Smart most of the time. 

If am DA, I stay away from players like Josh Smith and the likes.  Not even for free.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
if i'm danny ainge, the celtics are screwed royally.  :-\
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
I can see where smart might not be the guy too. Either of them really but I think listening to Tommy is great because he is great at talking about philosophies and mentalities what we want these guys to be doing. I think right now Smart and KO are the closest guys we have to fitting that.  Zeller has shown signs and Sully.  All of them really but listening to Tommy in theory is great.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Turner, Smart, Green, Sullinger, and KO.

Start them and see how it goes.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:17:13 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
if i'm danny ainge, the celtics are screwed royally.  :-\

Unfortunately not enough people listen to Tommy and really hear him which is a shame.  Probably why he yells all the time lol.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP.  I agree that those two are probably our key cornerstones right now. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Good sentiment, for all the changes we have went through I do feel like these two players are who we need to be counting on as our "leaders" on the court. Everyone else, even Sullinger (as he is pretty redundant and not making the leaps in his play as KO is) I would be open to trading to try and get back either more picks or young prospects like Mclemore.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
If I'm Ainge, I'm trying to trade Green and tank this season. There are at least 3 centers worth tanking for at the top of the draft this year: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Turner

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 05:35:10 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
If I'm Ainge, I'm trying to trade Green and tank this season. There are at least 3 centers worth tanking for at the top of the draft this year: 1. Towns 2. Okafor 3. Turner

I think i'd be targetting one of those guys too.  We need a big time center.  Really depends though. Sully, KO, Zeller, Wright.  We could use someone there. But we want to be an up tempo team and rebound the basketball too and we have some guys there.  We aren't devoid of talent.  How that shapes up I don't know right now.  Need or that would be a nice thing to have if we can get one of those guys.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Either KO or Sully will need to be traded at some point.   Having both doesnt make a lot of sense.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
We lack a defensive stopper on the interior.  Those 70's celtics teams won with Cowens ala Heinsohn style.  Not the most talented celtics teams those 70's celtics. It was more about Tommy's philosophy.  We lost Russell. He retired.  Having Bill Russell would be better.  Heinsohn is pretty much Red in theory if you listen to his words anyways as far as  philosophy goes. 

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
I'm kind of interested to see what Wright can do though.  He's a roleplayer though.  But he is a stopper that way.  Between KO, Zeller, Sully, Wright we have guys who bring all those aspects. Just each guy isn't very good.  Stevens has his work cut out that way when to play who.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I doubt KO ever becomes anything more than at best a 6th man. I just don't see him being able to consistently defend center's or elite Pf's.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Sully is just in a slump.  He's got so much potential.  I would consider most of the players we have now as bench materials

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell