Author Topic: What is the point of keeping Nelson?  (Read 14221 times)

Re: What is the point of keeping Nelson?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Weird, I've always Disliked Nelson before he was on the C's.....and I still Dislike him.

I dislike him alot.  Danny should just buy him out /waive him.
This, or a trade but doubtful anybody wants him so would need to be a package deal.

Give those minutes to any of our other guards. Nelson has no future here so why bother with him?

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Weird, I've always Disliked Nelson before he was on the C's.....and I still Dislike him.

I dislike him alot.  Danny should just buy him out /waive him.
This, or a trade but doubtful anybody wants him so would need to be a package deal.

Give those minutes to any of our other guards. Nelson has no future here so why bother with him?

exactly. I rather cut him and sign Will Bynum. Unfortunately he has already signed with a team in the Chinese league

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could care less if we keep him but then again, I could care less if he takes time at the point from Pressey. Simply put, Jameer Nelson is now, at his age, a bad PG that can get streaky hot at shooting a three, makes a couple nice passes a game and nothing more, making him worthy of rotational minutes in the league. Pressey, OTOH, isn't even an NBA caliber rotational player. You can find dozens of Presseys littered throughout the NBDL and NCAA.

And please don't tell me about Nelson's and Pressey's last few games. A couple of ggod games on Pressey's part or a couple bad games on Nelson's part doesn't change a thing. As bad as Nelson is, he is still a better NBA player by a wide margin over Pressey.

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
There really isn't any point in keeping him except we have to right now.

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
wizards needs a PG for sure, miller is in father hood time

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:07 PM »

Offline viking

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
All he is good for is stocking stuffer as part of the "fireworks" deal we are all waiting for  ;)

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Could care less if we keep him but then again, I could care less if he takes time at the point from Pressey. Simply put, Jameer Nelson is now, at his age, a bad PG that can get streaky hot at shooting a three, makes a couple nice passes a game and nothing more, making him worthy of rotational minutes in the league. Pressey, OTOH, isn't even an NBA caliber rotational player. You can find dozens of Presseys littered throughout the NBDL and NCAA.

And please don't tell me about Nelson's and Pressey's last few games. A couple of ggod games on Pressey's part or a couple bad games on Nelson's part doesn't change a thing. As bad as Nelson is, he is still a better NBA player by a wide margin over Pressey.

I agree with this. Nelson should be primary backup to Smart with Turner mixed in. Pressey shouldn't see minutes unless one of those guys is injured. I like Pressey, he's good for a big play here and there, but when we first got him I never thought he'd still be on  our, or honestly any NBA team at this point

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Except that he isn't.

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Except that he isn't.
Pressey is the better passer, by a wide margin.

Nelson is the better shooter, well, used to be. 

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2014, 07:10:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Except that he isn't.
Pressey is the better passer, by a wide margin.

Nelson is the better shooter, well, used to be.

Pressey is a good defender and pushed the ball hard.

Nelson is just collecting a pay check.

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's funny how players who can't make a shot to save their lives are often considered better passers than they actually are. That, and unselfish/pass-first/you-name-it.

Nelson was never great, but even in his diminished current state he's still ahead of Pressey by leaps and bounds.

Also, it's hilarious that they are trying to list him as 6'0. Dude looks 5'10 on a good day.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
It's funny how players who can't make a shot to save their lives are often considered better passers than they actually are. That, and unselfish/pass-first/you-name-it.

Nelson was never great, but even in his diminished current state he's still ahead of Pressey by leaps and bounds.

Also, it's hilarious that they are trying to list him as 6'0. Dude looks 5'10 on a good day.

No, he is not.

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Nelson suxx.  I prefer Pressey's defense and ability to push the pace vs streaky shooting of Nelson.

If Nelson was so good why did the Magic waive him last season? 

Mavs couldn't be happier to trade Nelson away also

If danny can get a 2nd round pick for Nelson, he will be a genius

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 07:43:45 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12

Nelson suxx.  I prefer Pressey's defense and ability to push the pace vs streaky shooting of Nelson.

If Nelson was so good why did the Magic waive him last season? 

Mavs couldn't be happier to trade Nelson away also

If danny can get a 2nd round pick for Nelson, he will be a genius

no one will offer 2nd pick for nelson
but something like
nelson zeller wizards
seraphin and webster and wizards 1st pick to celtics
celtics offer webster + boston 2nd pick to charlotte for biyombo

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Best reason for keeping is better eventual draft position ::)

I never enjoyed his game and would prefer a buyout so he can go to china