Author Topic: Three way trade idea Celtics-Knicks-Warriors  (Read 5010 times)

Three way trade idea Celtics-Knicks-Warriors
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Intial Idea

If Jeff Green looks like he is going to walk after this season

To Warriors - Green, Bass, Crowder, Aldrich
To Knicks - Lee, Nelson
To Celtics - Draymond Green (signed), Early, Bargnani (waived),  2nd round pick from Warriors and Knick

Lineup after trade

C -  Zeller
PF - KO
SF - D. Green
SG - AB
PG - Turner

C - Wright
PF - Sully
SF - Thornton/Young/Early
SG - Smart/Thornton
PG - Pressey

TRADE IDEA V2

To Warriors - Hardaway Jr., Bass, Crowder, Bargnani
To Knicks - Jeff Green, David Lee, Nelson, Wallace, 2nd pick from Celtics and Warriors
To Celtics - Barnes, Early, Stoudermire (waived)

Warriors need cap space to get a chance to sign Green. Have to get rid of either Bogut or Lee.  Knicks need to get something back for Stoudermire/Bargnani expiring contracts.   And for the Celts we get a promising SF who Danny was highly interested in drafting several years ago.   Not a greatest return for the Celts, but better than losing Green , Bass for nothing and also get to get rid of Wallace's contract
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:21:18 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Three way trade idea Celtics-Knicks-Warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think the Warriors would trade Draymond for that package, he has been really good this year. I think he will command more than $8MM a year as well.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't think the Warriors would trade Draymond for that package, he has been really good this year. I think he will command more than $8MM a year as well.

I still can't believe he got drafted in the 2nd round. Celtics should of picked him up , not Fab Melo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
So exactly why is Draymond Green less integral to the Warriors' playoff run than Jeff Green?

And do you have an affinity for suggesting god-awful trades for the Knicks or something?

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:54:43 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I don't see the Warriors thinking Jeff Green is an upgrade over Draymond Green. He's one of the most improved players in the league. They also have Igoudala and Harrison Barnes who can play SF. Doesn't seem like a need for them.

I like the deal for C's and Knicks perspectives, but can't see Dubs agreeing to their end of it.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Just stop.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would dislike trading Green to the Knicks, but another option also

To Knicks - Jeff Green, Lee, Nelson, Wallace, 2nd pick from Celtics and Warriors

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:24:10 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Just stop.

what's your problem? lol. If your going to say just stop, why even post anything?

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So exactly why is Draymond Green less integral to the Warriors' playoff run than Jeff Green?

And do you have an affinity for suggesting god-awful trades for the Knicks or something?

How is getting Lee an awful trade for the Knicks?  Nobody wants to go play there. Their only hope is to get decent players by a trade or through the draft.

Lee has been plagued with Injury but if healthy is a 20/10 guy. Good shooter

They would be lucky to get Lee for Bargnani

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
How is Lee an awful trade for the Knicks?  Nobody wants to go play there. There only hope is to get decent players by a trade or through the draft.

Because his game is exactly the same as current-day Stoudemire's, except without the benefit of his expensive contract expiring next summer.  Hell, he might even be a worse player than Stoudemire currently is for the simple fact that Amare is healthy, whereas Lee has played all of a single game this season.

No, seriously, you are quite literally suggesting the Knicks take on a lesser Calderon in Nelson and a STAT clone for some playoff pursuit that's not even remotely realistic.  Not to mention, said playoff pursuit would directly impact their draft position, which you so emphatically stated is one of their only hopes of getting "decent players."

That's a god-awful trade for the Knicks.  From my perspective, it looks like you're just trying to sucker the Knicks out of Early and a second rounder while getting them to take two salary dumps for no compensation.  Which is perfectly fine, if that's the case, but at least be honest about it if that's your intention, instead of dressing it up as "I think the Knicks might truly want these guys!"

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
How is Lee an awful trade for the Knicks?  Nobody wants to go play there. There only hope is to get decent players by a trade or through the draft.

Because his game is exactly the same as current-day Stoudemire's, except without the benefit of his expensive contract expiring next summer.  Hell, he might even be a worse player than Stoudemire currently is for the simple fact that Amare is healthy, whereas Lee has played all of a single game this season.

No, seriously, you are quite literally suggesting the Knicks take on a lesser Calderon in Nelson and a STAT clone for some playoff pursuit that's not even remotely realistic.  Not to mention, said playoff pursuit would directly impact their draft position, which you so emphatically stated is one of their only hopes of getting "decent players."

That's a god-awful trade for the Knicks.  From my perspective, it looks like you're just trying to sucker the Knicks out of Early and a second rounder while getting them to take two salary dumps for no compensation.  Which is perfectly fine, if that's the case, but at least be honest about it if that's your intention, instead of dressing it up as "I think the Knicks might truly want these guys!"

Ok what about

To Knicks - Green, Lee, Nelson, Wallace, 2nd pick from Celtics and Warriors

They got to get something back for Stoudermire and Bargnani .  It's a team where if they have cap space, they are going to attract key FAs in the offseason

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 01:15:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Agreed. It is a terrible trade for New York.

It is also a very bad trade for Golden State. They have a strong SF rotation already with Iguodala and Harrison Barnes. They do not need Jeff Green (or Bass) and certainly not at the cost of their two PFs = Draymond Green and David Lee.

Terrible trade for Knicks and Warriors. Good trade for Boston.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Ok what about

They got to get something back for Stoudermire and Bargnani .  It's a team where if they have cap space, they are going to attract key FAs in the offseason

This is even worse for Golden State.

They are giving up their starting SF (Barnes), a starting caliber PF (D.Lee), starting PF (Dray Green) in exchange for one well above average bench player (Bass), two average bench players (Hardaway, Crowder) and a waste of space (Bargnani).

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Ok what about

This is even worse for Golden State.

They are giving up their starting SF (Barnes), a starting caliber PF (D.Lee), starting PF (Dray Green) in exchange for one well above average bench player (Bass), two average bench players (Hardaway, Crowder) and a waste of space (Bargnani).

I fixed it. It's suppose to be Jeff Green to the Knicks (to try to make a push into the playoffs) not D Green.  GSW need to trade Lee bc they will be over the cap and won't be able to sign Draymond Green for next season.

BTW Barnes might be starting but the Warriors true starter is Green. They also have Iguadala. They can afford to give up Barnes, if that means also somebody will take Lee. Or else they can't sign Draymond green

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I fixed it. It's suppose to be Jeff Green to the Knicks (to try to make a push into the playoffs) not D Green.  GSW need to trade Lee bc they will be over the cap and won't be able to sign Draymond Green for next season.

BTW Barnes might be starting but the Warriors true starter is Green. They also have Iguadala. They can afford to give up Barnes, if that means also somebody will take Lee. Or else they can't sign Draymond green

David Lee is earning around $15 million a year. Is that not what Jeff Green is expected to get as free agent next summer?

David Lee has only 1 year left on his deal. Then GSW gets back in good financial position and are able to keep rest of the team together from that point onwards. Paying Jeff Green $13-15 million a year for next 4 years makes things worse for GSW's financial position than current position with David Lee.