Author Topic: Who's gonna take Jeff Green?  (Read 9437 times)

Re: Who's gonna take Jeff Green?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 04:12:40 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
No way in hell Atlanta will trade the Nets 1st for an overrated role player like Green. None.

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics would be lucky to get a 2nd and an expiring for Green. That's the best case scenario.
It could be argued that if Green was willing to opt in next year or sign an extension with Atl that it would be a smart move for them to trade their first (which will be Brooklyn's first) for him.

The issue is that Green is more than likely going to opt out.  Of course if the Hawks could get Green locked in on a really team-friendly contract for at least another year, it'd make sense for them to trade a middling first rounder -- but that's just not very plausible.

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Celtics would be lucky to get a 2nd and an expiring for Green. That's the best case scenario.

Yeah, okay.

It could be argued that if Green was willing to opt in next year or sign an extension with Atl that it would be a smart move for them to trade their first (which will be Brooklyn's first) for him. Who are they going to draft that can step in and be their starting SF for the next several years while they are competing? Their top players are all around Green's age - it would make a ton of sense from their perspective.

I realize this argument could also be made with Rondo and Dallas, but their players are all over the map in terms of age and next year could totally be different for them.

I suppose you could be right, but that would mean that all of our first round picks are worth more than players of Green and Rondo's caliber - which would be awesome!
I don't get why it matters that Green has player option. First of all we know 1 year and 9 mil is way under his market value.

Second of all, even if his opt-in was in the same ballpark as his expected free agency contract, he would only opt in if he thought he would make less money on the open market. So a team trading for him would still have to decide if they would be willing to pay Green a competitive salary to keep him. Either Green opts out and they have to pay as much as it takes to retain him, or he opts in and they have to pay more money than he would have got as a UFA.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I could see Atlanta taking a flyer. They seem to have trouble luring free agent talent, maybe trade for Jeff to acquire his bird rights.

Atlanta has the rights to swap picks with Brooklyn this year so that would be a nice pick to get.

How did I forget about Atlanta, lol?  TP for the idea.  I don't think that we could get that Brooklyn pick, though, but hey, maybe we could go get Dennis Schroeder, since he's obviously a clone of Rondo with a better jump shot (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D

You're like that physchotic x boyfriend.

Okay, thanks (sarcasm)! ;D Shouldn't that be girlfriend, though, just as a standard term, lol?  I don't think I've ever heard of a psychotic ex-boyfriend, unless of course you're calling me gay, as well, haha. ;D

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I could see Atlanta taking a flyer. They seem to have trouble luring free agent talent, maybe trade for Jeff to acquire his bird rights.

Atlanta has the rights to swap picks with Brooklyn this year so that would be a nice pick to get.

How did I forget about Atlanta, lol?  TP for the idea.  I don't think that we could get that Brooklyn pick, though, but hey, maybe we could go get Dennis Schroeder, since he's obviously a clone of Rondo with a better jump shot (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D

You're like that physchotic x boyfriend.

Okay, thanks (sarcasm)! ;D Shouldn't that be girlfriend, though, just as a standard term, lol?  I don't think I've ever heard of a psychotic ex-boyfriend, unless of course you're calling me gay, as well, haha. ;D

Would you have rather have been called a girl?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:29:27 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Agree with earlier post re: Memphis. I don't see what they have to lose in making the proposed trade. I actually think it way undervalues Green - never even heard of Jordan Adams, and it looks like he bounces b/w D-league and bench w/out travel. If Ainge took it, I'd flip.. but why would you not take a flyer on Green if you're Memphis? They're strong contenders right now... 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC