Author Topic: Who's gonna take Jeff Green?  (Read 9456 times)

Who's gonna take Jeff Green?
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:54:11 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
With Corey Brewer getting traded and the dollar discount bin on wings seemingly empty, teams might have to give up something for a guy like Jeff Green.

Who's gonna take him and what do we get?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Re: Who's gonna take Jeff Green?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wish we could trade hi, if only to give James Young more minutes, but I don't know where we'd send him.  Toronto might take him to put next to Lowry and Derozan, but who could we get in return aside from expiring contracts, because I seriously doubt that they'd ever give up Bruno Caboclo.  He'd thrive in Memphis, but I'd want a first rounder for him in addition to Tayshaun Prince's expiring, but that's not a popular move around here, either, because of what our return would be, but I'm not sure that that's much better or worse than the steaming pile of dog sh1t that we got for Rondo, so...  I don't know - who else needs a starting small forward.  I'd prefer it to be a contender so that Jeff could play on a good team, but I honestly don't know right now.  If Ainge was going to trade Rondo, he should have traded Green and Bass at the same time, imo, although not to the same location because of salaries, etc.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Memphis should be going after him hard to the point of over paying. Add Jeff to that team and wow

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
The team that offers the most (or the largest trade exception)

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:32:39 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Jeff Green would fit perfectly on a lot of teams.I'd like to see him go to Memphis or Houston.

Ideally I would want a 2017 Memphis pick. (Theyll probably stink by then)

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
I'm assuming Memphis would protect a future pick.

It seems like the Wizards could be a destination. Right now their solutions at SF are to run Paul Pierce into the ground or to play Otto Porter. Plus having Jeff Green would free up Pierce to play more 4.

What about Portland? Would they see him as a major upgrade over Wes Matthews? I've yet to see Matthews actually do anything positive honestly, but statistically he's been as good as Green in recent years.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
Gee how'd you figure that one out.
I'm forum!

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It seems like the Wizards could be a destination. Right now their solutions at SF are to run Paul Pierce into the ground or to play Otto Porter. Plus having Jeff Green would free up Pierce to play more 4.

Porter's quietly been having a decent season.  Even still, they wouldn't want Pierce playing the 4, anyway, given that they've already got Nene, Seraphin, Humphries, Gooden, AND Blair.

What about Portland? Would they see him as a major upgrade over Wes Matthews? I've yet to see Matthews actually do anything positive honestly, but statistically he's been as good as Green in recent years.

Matthews is a shooting guard.  Green would be replacing Batum and Green's lack of dynamic playmaking/ball handling capabilities makes that a non-starter for Portland.  Green's obviously a better scorer than Batum, but Portland's offense doesn't need more scoring. Batum fits very well as a "do-it-all," jack of all trades glue guy.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:37 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
I feel like Batum and Green could both play the wing spots. FWIW I think Batum is significantly better than Green.

Other than Gortat and Nene, is there really a big on Washington that HAS to play? If Pierce can survive defensively at the 4 I'd put him there on that team.
I'm forum!

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Trade exceptions aren't really going to matter to us.  We will have a very short window to actually use them until we ended up with cap space.

Sounds like Green is available to the first team willing to give up protected 1st for him.  Not sure anyone is going to meet that price. 

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Other than Gortat and Nene, is there really a big on Washington that HAS to play?

They didn't sign the quartet of Hump/Gooden/Blair/Seraphin this summer not to play any of them over an aging Paul Pierce at the 4.  They need to keep Pierce at the 3 and let the true big men play at their natural positions.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 11:21:04 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
I'm not saying Hump and the rest should never play ever, but if Pierce can just eat some slow PF for lunch and survive against him on the other end, don't you want to attack that matchup and have someone better than Otto Porter to put at the other forward spot? Isn't that better than having some mediocre big evening out the matchup?

Also Gooden, Seraphin and Blair were signed by the Wizards because no one else wanted them, which is why they aren't making any money.
I'm forum!

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
I don't really agree; Porter needs to see court time to develop at some point.  Even still, Martell Webster will be making his return soon enough and figures to probably become the primary backup at SF.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 12:27:24 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sad state of affairs if Green is truly available for a protected first and change, especially following the Rondo deal.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I could see Atlanta taking a flyer. They seem to have trouble luring free agent talent, maybe trade for Jeff to acquire his bird rights.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman