Author Topic: Any way to get Eric Bledsoe??  (Read 1033 times)

Any way to get Eric Bledsoe??
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We could use our trade exception to get him.  I would give them 2 first rounders (not ours this year).

Would they even consider this?? 

Smitty77

Re: Any way to get Eric Bledsoe??
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why?  I wouldn't give up any picks for him, and the Suns surely wouldn't want to ship him out so soon after that dragged out contract dispute over the summer.  Plus, his knees are bad, and I doubt that he'll even be able to play, let alone at this level, by the end of his current contract.  He's an awesome player, but no.  Sorry.  Is he really 6'1", btw, by if Rondo is 6'1", Bledsoe is about 5'8"/5'9", imo, lol. ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 09:47:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't think so.

I would think if this were possible, the Celts would've made it happen when he was a free agent all the way through most of the summer.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:12:47 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I don't think so.

I would think if this were possible, the Celts would've made it happen when he was a free agent all the way through most of the summer.
We still had Rondo then. A smart and bledsoe back-court would be interesting

Avery Bradley, Marcus Thornton and 2016 1st Rounder (Boston's) for Bledsoe is an interesting deal for both teams I think.

Bradley can do a lot of this for them, and would improve their teams defense. Bradley though is more cap efficient for them though. Thornton clears about 9 million off their cap number.

Bledsoe matches Smarts size and athletic ability for the C's. They would give us an imposing backcourt. Bledsoe is a better player than Bradley. He would be another big piece we can put next to Jeff Green, and we could still go into the off-season with enough cap space to add someone like Greg Monroe. I think our 2016 draft pick would be the minimum compensation to make this trade worthwhile for PHX

2014 Starting Lineup:

Marcus Smart  Phil Pressey
Eric Bledsoe  James Young
Jeff Green     Evan Turner
Kelly Olynyk  Jared Sullinger
Greg Monroe  Tyler Zeller  Brandan Wright

Our two first rounders in 2015 will be added to that equation too.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I doubt anyone on the Suns is safe, despite the fact that they re-signed Bledsoe this summer.  That said, if I were Ryan McDonough, Ainge refusing to put his 2015 pick on the table for Bledsoe would immediately be a non-starter for talks.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
I dont trust Bledsoe's knees.  Pass.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't think so.

We still had Rondo then. A smart and bledsoe back-court would be interesting

Avery Bradley, Marcus Thornton and 2016 1st Rounder (Boston's) for Bledsoe is an interesting deal for both teams I think.

Bradley can do a lot of this for them, and would improve their teams defense. Bradley though is more cap efficient for them though. Thornton clears about 9 million off their cap number.

Bledsoe matches Smarts size and athletic ability for the C's. They would give us an imposing backcourt. Bledsoe is a better player than Bradley. He would be another big piece we can put next to Jeff Green, and we could still go into the off-season with enough cap space to add someone like Greg Monroe. I think our 2016 draft pick would be the minimum compensation to make this trade worthwhile for PHX

2014 Starting Lineup:

Marcus Smart  Phil Pressey
Eric Bledsoe  James Young
Jeff Green     Evan Turner
Kelly Olynyk  Jared Sullinger
Greg Monroe  Tyler Zeller  Brandan Wright

Our two first rounders in 2015 will be added to that equation too.

With how bad we're going to be for at least the next few years, there's no way in hell that I'd ever give up that pick.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
To be fair, with Bledsoe and whoever we get with the TPE (possibly along with multiple firsts) should at least make us decent. That 2016 first should be mid-round at best. Remember, it is very likely we make the playoffs with a drastically improved roster in the east. Also, we do still have the BKN first that year.

Again, though, I would MUCH rather have Dragic for that package than Bledsoe. Dragic is a winner.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:28:43 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Bledsoe's knee issues are overblown. He only had a partial, not full, removal of his meniscus. This isn't a Rose/Wade situation.

I'd really like to see Ainge push for Bledsoe, and I'd be interested in trading Wright and Green for him. Our starting backcourt would be a pair of wrecking balls, and they're exactly what the C's need for an inverted offense (strong guards who can take it inside, while the bigs largely roam the perimeter for three's). It would be a complete matchup nightmare for the rest of the league.

Ainge has shown interest in Bledsoe in the past, there's a lot of chatter suggesting PHX is ready to move on from their failed three-PG experiment, and I'm not sure Bledsoe is on good terms with PHX management anyway after their summer contract fiasco.