Author Topic: Boston/Charlotte Trade Proposal  (Read 2511 times)

Boston/Charlotte Trade Proposal
« on: December 21, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Boston: Stephenson, Biyombo

Charlotte: Bradley, Bass

I think this is a pretty even trade talent-wise, and it would serve both teams well.

Stephenson is a ball-dominant guard that is struggling to coexist in a system with a ball-dominant point guard, because he needs to act as the primary ball-handler in the offense to live up to his potential.  Bradley isn't ball-dominant by any means, and he's a good complement to Kemba. He provides similar, if not better, defense as Stephenson, and he's a better fit as Kemba's backcourt mate. Size might be an issue in the backcourt, but it didn't hurt our backcourt too much with Rondo and Bradley. Bass also would help Charlotte, because he's a solid defensive big to pair with the defensively inept Jefferson.

For us, Stephenson would work in a backcourt with Smart, because he's not really a ball-dominating point guard. Smart and Stephenson would be a terrorizing defensive backcourt, and there wouldn't be too much of a dropoff in shooting from Bradley to Stephenson. Now, there might be some legitimate character concerns with Stephenson, especially with Turner here, but if anyone can contain him it's Stevens. I also think Stephenson would benefit with Smart as a teammate, because he has someone who is just as fiery and aggressive as he is. If nothing else, if the potential doesn't show up by 2016, we can deny his player option for 2016-2017. This trade would also allow us to stay flexible with this season's goals. If we decide to try and make the playoffs, he will definitely help, but he's also young enough that if we sell off our veterans he'll still have his prime coming up in the future. So I think Stephenson is worth taking a chance on because of his great potential and his contract's third year team option that allows us to cut ties with him if he doesn't fit.

If we decide to go the tank way, a trade could also work out:

Boston: Stephenson, Vonleh or Biyombo

Charlotte: Green, Bass, Top-5 Protected 2015 Charlotte 1st rounder

Re: Boston/Charlotte Trade Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Talent wise it's not bad but there's no way Ainge is going to bring a headcase like Stephenson into this young lockerroom.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:32:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Talent wise it's not bad but there's no way Ainge is going to bring a headcase like Stephenson into this young lockerroom.

Mike

I'm not sure. Nine months ago Marcus Smart was labeled a headcase after he shoved the fan, but he still brough him in because of his undeniable talent. Hell, he kept the headcase Rondo for how long? PP was considered immature and stuff before the Big 3 assembled, so I don't think Ainge would not look at a guy just because he's acted immaturely in the past. Under the right circumstances, any player can mature and grow.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
With the stack of assets DA now has

I look for him to save his ammo for the Biggest Game

Don't go,after just good assets .

Save everything you got to lure the BEST

Danny must be looking to pull another Blocker buster deal that brings 2 or 3 stars together

He is just waiting for,the RIGHT players to become available and willing to join forces.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Mike

I'm not sure. Nine months ago Marcus Smart was labeled a headcase after he shoved the fan, but he still brough him in because of his undeniable talent. Hell, he kept the headcase Rondo for how long? PP was considered immature and stuff before the Big 3 assembled, so I don't think Ainge would not look at a guy just because he's acted immaturely in the past. Under the right circumstances, any player can mature and grow.

Smart did something immature, and Peirce did the same thing, but they weren't head cases. Smarts coach and teammates loved the kid.  Stephenson has had conflicts with his teammates in Indy, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case in Charlotte.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Mike
thought the same thing. Stephenson seems to be a real headache and Biyombo is getting hyped based on projected potential rather than on his actual play.

all for trading AB and/or Bass but not sold on this being a good deal for the C's

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

Mike

Smart did something immature, and Peirce did the same thing, but they weren't head cases. Smarts coach and teammates loved the kid.  Stephenson has had conflicts with his teammates in Indy, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case in Charlotte.

People need to stop being so judgmental and realize Stephenson has talent. Guys like Rondo, Demarcus Cousins, Stephenson are known too much for their "bad attitudes" rather than for their talent. I think its unfair to call him a head case. I bet if Lance came here things would be just fine. Smart, Stephenson would be a good backcourt. They are both big guards who play with intensity and score. Both can shoot, bring the ball up, or play off the ball. Stephenson's contract is 3 yrs 27mil and there's a team option on the final year.

A line up of:

Smart/Nelson/Pressey
Stephenson/Thornton
Green/Turner
Sully/Olynyk
Zeller/Wright/Biyombo   would be good until we trade or draft a legit Center.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
With the stack of assets DA now has

I look for him to save his ammo for the Biggest Game

Don't go,after just good assets .

Save everything you got to lure the BEST

Danny must be looking to pull another Blocker buster deal that brings 2 or 3 stars together

He is just waiting for,the RIGHT players to become available and willing to join forces.
TP for you.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 10:55:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Mike

Six months or so ago, people were making this exact same statement, except with "Turner" in place of "Stephenson."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:03:41 PM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:27:40 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, we already have our 'rim-protector' of the future in Brandan Wright (sarcasm) ;) ::) ;D, so there's no need to get Biyombo, lol.  I wouldn't mind trying him out, though, as he's another expiring.  The only way we should get into a deal with Charlotte is if they're trying to get Lance back to Indy (where he belongs, imo), in which our yield would be Biyombo and PJ Hairston, who, despite the offseason altercation during a pickup game, lol ::) ;D, is the only prospect on that team who I'm interested in, especially because Jordan isn't giving up Vonleh, is he, lol?  If only we could send Jeff Green and Bradley for Biyombo, Hairston, and an unprotected 2015 1st round pick ;), because they suck right now.  No one is that stupid, though - oh wait... ;) ::) Too bad the salaries don't match.  We'd need a senior member of the Jedi counsel in order to pull off such a mind trick, though, lol. ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:37:46 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
Lance Stephenson is cancer.  No way I want him on this team of younger guys.

He is toxic with his teammates.  His body language on the court is awful. 

He's also been in domestic abuse cases.  According to police he pushed his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and grabbed and banged her head on the bottom step. 

While at Kansas he was also involved in a sexual assualt:

"Lance Stephenson was arrested along with his basketball teammate Darwin Ellis and an unnamed minor last October after a 17 year old female student at his school claimed to have been sexually assaulted. Stephenson has been charged with sexual abuse in the third degree, forcible touching, menacing and harassment after groping the girl’s breast and buttocks. The girl tried to fight back in self defense but was also told to shut up or they would “slap the hell” out of her the next time she attempted to defend herself by hitting him. (http://www.inquisitr.com/24977/lance-stephenson-arrested-oct08-charged-with-sexual-abuse/)

No way this team needs a media firestorm caused by this degenerate in this age of NFL domestic abuse scandals.