Author Topic: Boston win today gives them 7th seed. Potential to climb higher  (Read 2780 times)

Boston win today gives them 7th seed. Potential to climb higher
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
If Boston wins today, they overtake MIA for the 7th seed.

Looking ahead at the schedule, this team could actually climb higher in the coming weeks.

Here is the upcoming schedule...

Orlando
Brooklyn
Washington
Sacramento
Dallas
Chicago
Charlotte
Brooklyn
Indiana
Toronto

Then they hit a little tough stretch against some West teams but the East is so terrible this team could continue to climb the standings after the new year.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Boston win today gives them 7th seed. Potential to climb higher
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Even as currently constructed, they should at least win five of those games...not sure what the rush was to trade Rondo - a decent playoff appearance this year and the summer to re-tool using young players, expirings, and firsts in trades and we could have had a nice team moving forward.

I think almost getting Love and then having him taken away was worse than never having a chance at him at all. The anticipation of 'fireworks' this summer got everybody's hopes up - including Rondo, only to have them dashed.

Back on topic - it will be interesting to see how this team performs through this stretch. We still have some talent and Wright adds some athleticism to the front court.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
We need to move Green ASAP that schedule looks way too easy.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Barring injury or trade, the Celtics will make the playoffs.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Well we have Marcus Smart so we're done rebuilding right? Time for playoff$! Yay owner$hip!

Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Looking forward to today's game.  Let's get this, Celtics.  Go C's!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we will have another impode streak with this team you never know who will show up and who won't with the exception of Contract Year Jeff Green who has been solid.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 11:07:21 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green....now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
After overtaking Miami, Milwaukee should be a breeze, especially with no Parker.  It'd be nice for us to hold that 6 spot and dodge the 1-2 seeds.  Should keep us away from TOR and WAS, might allow us go against ATL or CHI.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Even as currently constructed, they should at least win five of those games...not sure what the rush was to trade Rondo - a decent playoff appearance this year and the summer to re-tool using young players, expirings, and firsts in trades and we could have had a nice team moving forward.

I think almost getting Love and then having him taken away was worse than never having a chance at him at all. The anticipation of 'fireworks' this summer got everybody's hopes up - including Rondo, only to have them dashed.

Back on topic - it will be interesting to see how this team performs through this stretch. We still have some talent and Wright adds some athleticism to the front court.

The rush to trade Rondo was so that any players coming back could still be traded by the trading deadline.  Maybe we trade Wright to a team that needs a defensive backup C for their run to the playoffs and get a 1st for him.  Then starting next year Rondo would have netted us two firsts and second along with Crowder, who we could also flip for maybe a second.  Nelson I don't think we can flip but who knows how he will do.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green, trade jeff green....now.

I was in total agreement with you as soon as I saw the Rondo trade, but I'm starting to think otherwise now. If we don't find a home for our vets within the next week or so, we'll win too many games to truly tank, so why not just ride it out this year? Is there really that much of a difference between the 10-12th pick and the 15-16th?

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Proving to Star players you have a great coach ..and an up and coming program is BETTER than tanking .

If the Celtics can show they are on a definite up swing ...it will be more attractive to better players.

Nobody wants to play for a team that has 10 20 wins in season. .......but LeBron because he was from Cleveland ......just screwy circumstances  ::)

Celtics need to win as many games as possible to look upbeat and competent .

Now that Stevens can truely control the team , not showcase Rondo and cater to suitors wanting to see what he can do .

It's possible this team could win a few games against the lesser teams .  Or under .500 crowd ..given how bad the East is ..... Green and KO with a healthy Smart could win a  game or two.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Proving to Star players you have a great coach ..and an up and coming program is BETTER than tanking .

If the Celtics can show they are on a definite up swing ...it will be more attractive to better players.

Nobody wants to play for a team that has 10 20 wins in season. .......but LeBron because he was from Cleveland ......just screwy circumstances  ::)

Celtics need to win as many games as possible to look upbeat and competent .

Now that Stevens can truely control the team , not showcase Rondo and cater to suitors wanting to see what he can do .

It's possible this team could win a few games against the lesser teams .  Or under .500 crowd ..given how bad the East is ..... Green and KO with a healthy Smart could win a  game or two.

2012-2013 Houston Rockets did just that! (Granted they had star power in James Harden to attract Howard.)

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 01:45:41 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
No tank. Win. That is what sports is all about.