Author Topic: did rondo rope a dope  (Read 5713 times)

Re: did rondo rope a dope
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 02:25:14 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Please! I'm getting sick this Rondo intentionally sucked some parts of the game threads.
The kid can't shoot to save his life. Nobody embarrasses himself with 30% free throw shooting on purpose.
Thank God Rondo is gone. I have no problem with Rondo, he's a good player, just not a franchise player. My problem is the CONSTANT EXCUSES for him here.
At the end of the day he will not break or make the mavs either. Monta and Dirk and to some lesser degree Parsons will decide their fate. He can help them hopefully, but don't expect him scoring 20+ points and game winning buckets.

If you are going to start making sense...please don't post.  LOL 

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's hard commit on a team when they're not committed to you.

Maybe all this uncertainty for the last three years has gotten into Rondo's head. I mean, i didn't see a big difference in the Dallas game apart from being a bit more energetic. I think the fact that he doesnt have to deal with uncertainty anymore maybe revitalized him a bit.
Is he above the team?  How about play your best for the fans and your own teammates. All their hard work goes down the drain?

Oh, can it will you?

If you're working for a company and your company for three years dangled around the idea that you're going to be fired, all while they are also saying that you are the best worker, wouldn't you be affected?

How about he led the league in assists and rebounding for his position despite his uncertainties? How about he was averaging double digit assists and 7 rebounds last year coming off of injury?

He seems to be working pretty hard to me.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
One of the things Pop did with Rondo last night was double Dirk and leave Rondo alone.

It worked really well, but they didn't have anyone who could stay with Ellis with Parker out.

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Maybe all this uncertainty for the last three years has gotten into Rondo's head. I mean, i didn't see a big difference in the Dallas game apart from being a bit more energetic. I think the fact that he doesnt have to deal with uncertainty anymore maybe revitalized him a bit.
Is he above the team?  How about play your best for the fans and your own teammates. All their hard work goes down the drain?

Oh, can it will you?

If you're working for a company and your company for three years dangled around the idea that you're going to be fired, all while they are also saying that you are the best worker, wouldn't you be affected?

How about he led the league in assists and rebounding for his position despite his uncertainties? How about he was averaging double digit assists and 7 rebounds last year coming off of injury?

Rondo fooled you good with his ability to pad his stats

Yesterday did he get 15 assists? He played like his stats didnt matter and played to win the game.

Anyways you will never change your thoughts about the way he played before he got traded. Thats fine

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Oh, can it will you?

Rondo fooled you good with his ability to pad his stats

Yesterday did he get 15 assists? He played like his stats didnt matter and played to win the game.

Anyways you will never change your thoughts about the way he played before he got traded. Thats fine

Oh but of course, averaging double digit assists and rebounding like a big guy is him just trying to fool me.

Because everything Rondo did is about padding stats right? Am I supposed to listen to the dude who posted in these very forums that Rondo showed no love for Boston in his Dallas press conference, when on the contrary, he did?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »

Offline Esther

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2

How can you look at Rondo's career and say he did not play his heart out for fans and teammates?  Rondo loved Boston.  And despite popular group think, I see a man of noble character and humility in Rondo.  He was genuine and passionate, and a stand up guy who would not deign to play dirty.  During his entire career, not once did he complain about his teammates, coach, or organization.  They on the other hand, have many times throw him under the bus to the media hounds.  The last two years Rondo has shown incredible maturity and forbearance to a management who is not committed to him, a coach who expect a brilliantly imaginative player to fit his cog-in-machine system, and young unproven teammates not willing to follow his lead.  Perkins said even though Rondo wanted out, he would never say that.  How many superstars whine and complain their way out of lottery teams?  And those whiners are the ones labeled good character guys by the media.  I am happy Rondo is now with an organization that value him and respect him.  Those evil tongued fans who treat their athletes like gladiators, frankly, do not deserve Rajon Rondo.