Author Topic: did rondo rope a dope  (Read 5686 times)

Re: did rondo rope a dope
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline deekhead

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
As long as he is gone.... I applaud him for doing whatever he had to do to get out of town.

He's someone else's problem at this point... and he will likely do the same to get out of Dallas when it suits him.

Deek

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As long as he is gone.... I applaud him for doing whatever he had to do to get out of town.

He's someone else's problem at this point... and he will likely do the same to get out of Dallas when it suits him.

Deek

+1

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 12:55:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The impossible luck of Cleveland ......or witchcraft ......I ve never seen so much luck in one lottery ......even makes Laker luck seem pale in comparison. Not getting love or a top three big like Embiid to trade or keep .....just shot our chances of keeping Rondo to pieces.  Knew it back then.

Rondo did a pretty good job .....trying to,stay loyal and appreciated for his Boston fan and leave under decent terms .   He obviously showed his skills or he was back healthy ,  while not endangering himself so he could be traded.

I d welcome Rondo back .

Not Doc.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
So either Rondo dogs it or, according to the national media he's a "fierce competitor" who excels in important games. I think it's fair for Celtics fans to wonder why he couldn't give us a little more during the regular season. It doesn't matter that the team was bad, every player owes it to the fans to put forth some effort.

4 CHARGES!!! I was shocked when I saw that during the game. I couldn't remember the last time he did that in a green uniform.

I don't know if he was scared of getting injured during a contract year or simply didn't care for our rebuilding team but let's stop using positive euphemisms to describe his on/off switch. He was a great player for us, one of my faves - but only when he was actually trying.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So either Rondo dogs it or, according to the national media he's a "fierce competitor" who excels in important games. I think it's fair for Celtics fans to wonder why he couldn't give us a little more during the regular season. It doesn't matter that the team was bad, every player owes it to the fans to put forth some effort.

4 CHARGES!!! I was shocked when I saw that during the game. I couldn't remember the last time he did that in a green uniform.

I don't know if he was scared of getting injured during a contract year or simply didn't care for our rebuilding team but let's stop using positive euphemisms to describe his on/off switch. He was a great player for us, one of my faves - but only when he was actually trying.

+1. He quit on the team , especially on the defensive end.

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

Offline m3light

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
At 28, Rondo just isn't fit for a rebuilding process. I personally think he deserves better and a chance to win.

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Seemed he was wavering .....wanting to compete ...fierce loyality to fans ....but just couldn't bring it every game  always knowing he was leaving anytime .   

It was a hard fence to walk , play hard , please fans , empress suitors , and not let your teammates down who want to be winners . Young guys looking up to Romdo....he was in a bad position really.

If we could see Rondo coasting ....you know his teammates saw it too ....and that is destructive to a rebuild bunch of young kids trying to get better . I believe this is one reason coach and DA wanted to do the deal quick .   If he wasn't committed ....it is disruptive to team moral .

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Joey Crawford was the ref.

The fix was in.

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The Mavs barely beat the Spurs second team.

All Pop had to do was foul Rondo, and he would have won.

Why he didn't is beyond me.

Of course it is beyond you. Pop is beyond you, Rondo is beyond you. Glad you finally accept these truths.

Pop saw and knew he was dealing with playoff Rondo!! Playoff Rondo knocks down his foul shots.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Of course it is beyond you. Pop is beyond you, Rondo is beyond you. Glad you finally accept these truths.

Pop saw and knew he was dealing with playoff Rondo!! Playoff Rondo knocks down his foul shots.

Rondo was 3 for 11 in the game.

The Spurs second team could not cover Monte Ellis.

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yup. Spurs would of won last night with their starters playing

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

WRONG!! It is not uncommon for teams to have a let down when the other team does not come with its stars. This letdown is particularly dangerous when you play a team like the Spurs that thrive more on a system than the presence of star power.

Dallas would probably have played better if the Spurs played their big three.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

WRONG!! It is not uncommon for teams to have a let down when the other team does not come with its stars. This letdown is particularly dangerous when you play a team like the Spurs that thrive more on a system than the presence of star power.

Dallas would probably have played better if the Spurs played their big three.

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's hard commit on a team when they're not committed to you.

Maybe all this uncertainty for the last three years has gotten into Rondo's head. I mean, i didn't see a big difference in the Dallas game apart from being a bit more energetic. I think the fact that he doesnt have to deal with uncertainty anymore maybe revitalized him a bit.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It's hard commit on a team when they're not committed to you.

Maybe all this uncertainty for the last three years has gotten into Rondo's head. I mean, i didn't see a big difference in the Dallas game apart from being a bit more energetic. I think the fact that he doesnt have to deal with uncertainty anymore maybe revitalized him a bit.
Is he above the team?  How about play your best for the fans and your own teammates. All their hard work goes down the drain?