Author Topic: Kentucky would beat Celts in a 7 game series.  (Read 7198 times)

Re: Kentucky would beat Celts in a 7 game series.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Every now and again there are threads so ridiculous that I wish we could award negative Tommy Points.  This is one of them.

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Joe Forte was the ACC player of the year, the year before the Celts drafted him.  I always think of that when I think of the difference in talent level between the NBA & NCAA.
It should be noted in the practice game the college all stars spanked the original Dream Team.

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 08:07:23 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Every now and again there are threads so ridiculous that I wish we could award negative Tommy Points.  This is one of them.
Agreed. This is just plain bs.

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
pre-rondo trade, no way.  post-rondo trade, I really doubt it.  C's may not have any star players but they do have a load of legit NBA players. 

I could understand the comments that Philly would lose and I wouldn't rule that out but C's beat them handily.
Lol at the idea that Rondo is the difference between winning or losing to a college team.  Funny.
To be clear, I'm talking 1 game in a series as a remote possibility. That's based strictly on a lack of a true starting PG to handle any ball pressure and limit turnovers.  TO's would be the one weak spot that would give any team any hope to pull off a huge upset.