Author Topic: Celtics have the highest-scoring frontcourt with 69.2 points scored per game  (Read 8816 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How much is Jeff Green worth, once he opts out-?  He's making like $9 Mil now...I think he'll get around $13-$14 Mil per season....C's should keep him if they can. He's just starting to be a Star---why let another team benefit, after all we've been through with him-?

The thing some ppl are scared of and im sure it runs through Dannys mind periodically is - is Green playing like this bc he can be a FA next season?  What if he pulls a Mark Blount?

Or is he serious about wanting to win.

Danny gets overpaid , Green is likely gone. Even better if we can get a Harrison Barnes or Tobias Harris  in return  .

For the well being of this team and development required again unless someone overpays for green danny will risk keeping him. Worse case we could of used him as rental anyways.

If we make the playoffs and he is a key player, then worry about the contract stuff after. Worse case we have young and several draft picks to pickup a high potential sf for the future

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
How much is Jeff Green worth, once he opts out-?  He's making like $9 Mil now...I think he'll get around $13-$14 Mil per season....C's should keep him if they can. He's just starting to be a Star---why let another team benefit, after all we've been through with him-?

The thing some ppl are scared of and im sure it runs through Dannys mind periodically is - is Green playing like this bc he can be a FA next season?  What if he pulls a Mark Blount?

Danny gets overpaid , Green is likely gone. Even better if we can get a Harrison Barnes or Tobias Harris  in return  .

For the well being of this team and development required again unless someone overpays for green danny will risk keeping him. Worse case we could of used a rental anyways.

If we make the playoffs and he is a key player, then wordy about the contract stuff after. Worse case we have young and several draft picks to pickup a high potential sf for the future

Green is already pulling a Mark Blount.

He never played like this before.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

For the well being of this team and development required again unless someone overpays for green danny will risk keeping him. Worse case we could of used a rental anyways.

If we make the playoffs and he is a key player, then wordy about the contract stuff after. Worse case we have young and several draft picks to pickup a high potential sf for the future

I know. But his perfect excuse could be he was coming off a major surgery and needed a few seasons to get his body in tip top shape etc.

Maybe CBS has brought out his A game , something doc was not able to do

Without green and a decent replacement at the sf spot lined up first we will have a big hole.  Not saying pay him now (unless its reasonable) but also we dont need to be so quick to trade him and worse case can think of him as a rental

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

I know. But his perfect excuse could be he was coming off a major surgery and needed a few seasons to get his body in tip top shape etc.

Without green and a decent replacement at the sf spot lined up first we will have a big hole.  Not saying pay him now (unless its reasonable) but also we dont need to be so quick to trade him and worse case can think of him as a rental

We have three replacements for Green...Young, Turner, and Crowder.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Young is injured . No need to rush to bring him back . He needs time at the gym anyways

Turner is the teams current starting pg. Can't see this changing anytime soon bc of Smarts history so far with injuries and he is still a rookie.    I mean yeah, worse case Turner can be plugged in to play as a sf but i think he is better suited to play one of the guard positions

We don't know much about crowder yet.   If Crowder with more mins plays like a Marcus Smart SF version, then yeah it will be easier to let Green go.  Right now, Green and this unit "fit"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:48:26 PM by triboy16f »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Also a testament to how little offense we get from our backcourt. Where do they rank?

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Young is injured . No need to rush to bring him back . He needs time at the gym anyways

Turner is the teams current starting pg. Can't see this changing anytime soon bc of Smarts history so far with injuries and he is still a rookie.    I mean yeah, worse case Turner can be plugged in to play as a sf but i think he is better suited to play one of the guard positions

We don't know much about crowder yet.   If Crowder with more mins plays like a Marcus Smart SF version, then yeah it will be easier to let Green go.  Right now, Green and this unit "fit"

Crowder is Crash 2.0.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Crowder is Crash 2.0.

A little less athletic but a much better shooting version.  It's going to be interesting to see what he can do.

Looks like a guy you can go to war with

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Crowder is Crash 2.0.

A little less athletic but a much better shooting version.  It's going to be interesting to see what he can do.

Looks like a guy you can go to war with

Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Sullinger, and Wright.
Just for fun.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I agree.  Better to move a guy a year early than a year late.  Green's value will be at its highest because there aren't a lot of better 'gettable' SF options in the trade market.  I am hoping we can get a top 10 pick for a package of Green+ or maybe we get a good young top 10 prospect who is currently blocked by a veteran from being a starter.

making the playoffs with green and bass does nothing for this team. if they're gone and we make the playoffs then it's an achievement.

It's like the opposite Rodney Rogers Tony effect.  The future is more important than this year.  If we can get even more future assets for these guys I think I'm for it.  I am a little hesitant with trading away Green though due to the SF position weak around the league, and if Danny hopes to re-sign him.

so if the SF position being weak around the league what's the point? to make us marginally better in one area? the point is if we're going to be kinda bad then why not be really bad while we're here. right now with the SF position being weak around the league it's the best time to move green.

if we don't move green and bass now, then it's the same mistake we made last yr. when we didn't move Rondo. delaying the inevitable.

why they're still here is beyond me. because we just let our best player go for virtually nothing, so i'm not sure what Danny is hoping or thinking he's gonna get in return for those 2. if i'm another team looking to acquire either of the 2 i'm not offering much after seeing what it took to get Rondo.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Jeff had the best season of his career last season, and now he's taking yet another step forward.

It'd not like his improvement only started this year, out of nowhere.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Also a testament to how little offense we get from our backcourt. Where do they rank?

I had guessed bottom 5, but turns out they're bottom 3 ahead of NY and Utah.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Crowder isn't even comparable to Wallace when they were the same age.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

You mean we didn't get an all star who has done historic things like 2 blocks/steals per game and is one of the best rebounding SFs in history?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

You mean we didn't get an all star who has done historic things like 2 blocks/steals per game and is one of the best rebounding SFs in history?

Shocking, I know.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.