Author Topic: Celtics have the highest-scoring frontcourt with 69.2 points scored per game  (Read 8799 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
According to Hoopsstats.com, the Celtics have the highest-scoring frontcourt in the NBA with 69.2 points scored per game, which is just ahead of Wright's former team, the Mavericks, whose frontcourt is averaging 66 points per game.

"It's hard to choose which of the four frontcourt players to keep in because they're all being very productive," said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.

And the addition of Wright only complicates matters.

Something we are 1st in , in the NBA. Woo hoo.  Kind of surprised actually

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Its a testament that B.stevens sharing the ball offense.

i am also of the belief that it will get better now with Wright added...our weakest link is the backcourt where Rondo is a liability on offense and Bradley on a shooting slump but it should improve now with E.T starting.

This team is a legit 7-8 seed contender in the weak east, and will give the top seed team fits in the first round of the playoffs.
This is also the reason why im not infavor of blowing it up and trading Green for chump change...because the east is so pathetic we could easily duplicate the memorable 2002 run in the playoffs with the team we have right now..

even the contending Warriors right now went through hard times and made the playoffs as low seeds but look at them now...winning breeds good culture and you will eventually reep its rewards, tanking for high draft picks that wont even pan out like bennet and rt now wiggins is for losers...a bunch of kids is not the answer..a contending team can be built via free agency and trades.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
making the playoffs with green and bass does nothing for this team. if they're gone and we make the playoffs then it's an achievement.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
I think it is likely going to come to fruition that the Rondo trade, as lopsided talent-wise as it seemed at first blush, is going to make the Celtics stronger in the short run.  Probably the opposite of what most of us thought in the minutes following the news.   The oft-ignored addition of Jameer Nelson upgrades the backcourt scoring capacity, and Wright adds an efficient finisher in the frontcourt and a guy who can make defenses nervous around the rim on defense.   Be very interesting to see the impact of losing Rondo's passing and to what extent Turner and Smart fill that gap. 

Unless more trades follow, lottery may not be happening this year.  We end up with 15, 25 and 31. 

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
making the playoffs with green and bass does nothing for this team. if they're gone and we make the playoffs then it's an achievement.

It's like the opposite Rodney Rogers Tony effect.  The future is more important than this year.  If we can get even more future assets for these guys I think I'm for it.  I am a little hesitant with trading away Green though due to the SF position weak around the league, and if Danny hopes to re-sign him. 

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

It's like the opposite Rodney Rogers Tony effect.  The future is more important than this year.  If we can get even more future assets for these guys I think I'm for it.  I am a little hesitant with trading away Green though due to the SF position weak around the league, and if Danny hopes to re-sign him.

so if the SF position being weak around the league what's the point? to make us marginally better in one area? the point is if we're going to be kinda bad then why not be really bad while we're here. right now with the SF position being weak around the league it's the best time to move green.

if we don't move green and bass now, then it's the same mistake we made last yr. when we didn't move Rondo. delaying the inevitable.

why they're still here is beyond me. because we just let our best player go for virtually nothing, so i'm not sure what Danny is hoping or thinking he's gonna get in return for those 2. if i'm another team looking to acquire either of the 2 i'm not offering much after seeing what it took to get Rondo.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Rondo/Bradley must have been a bottom 5 scoring backcourt, I don't know if that adds any perspective.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
What if Jameer Nelson comes in and stretches the floor, KO keeps playing aggressive and becomes a 18/8 kinda guy night in and night out while Wright makes us a better defensive team.  Maybe we can jump up four or five spots in the playoff standings. 

We have enough picks, so many in fact we can't actually use them all because you can only have so many guys on the roster.  What we need is a team that a star can look at and say, yeah I could win there.  We draft one or two guys who become starters, we bring in one established star and we are right there for the long haul.  Maybe we can even start trading those picks into the future to stretch out this winning for a decade. 

If none of those things happen by the deadline, we haven't moved up, the team doesn't look like it can improve, then fine trade Green and Bass.

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
What if Jameer Nelson comes in and stretches the floor, KO keeps playing aggressive and becomes a 18/8 kinda guy night in and night out while Wright makes us a better defensive team.  Maybe we can jump up four or five spots in the playoff standings. 

We have enough picks, so many in fact we can't actually use them all because you can only have so many guys on the roster.  What we need is a team that a star can look at and say, yeah I could win there.  We draft one or two guys who become starters, we bring in one established star and we are right there for the long haul.  Maybe we can even start trading those picks into the future to stretch out this winning for a decade. 

If none of those things happen by the deadline, we haven't moved up, the team doesn't look like it can improve, then fine trade Green and Bass.
Yep. I hate this tanking talk. It is such a disgrace.

Let these guys show what they can do without Rondo dominating the ball before we lay down and take it. We're not getting a top 3 pick anyways, that is a pipe dream. It's just not worth it losing all those games.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yep. I hate this tanking talk. It is such a disgrace.

Let these guys show what they can do without Rondo dominating the ball before we lay down and take it. We're not getting a top 3 pick anyways, that is a pipe dream. It's just not worth it losing all those games.

Tank talks are digusting.   Hawks are not tanking and believe they can beat anybody. Thats the way it should be

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

so if the SF position being weak around the league what's the point? to make us marginally better in one area? the point is if we're going to be kinda bad then why not be really bad while we're here. right now with the SF position being weak around the league it's the best time to move green.

if we don't move green and bass now, then it's the same mistake we made last yr. when we didn't move Rondo. delaying the inevitable.

why they're still here is beyond me. because we just let our best player go for virtually nothing, so i'm not sure what Danny is hoping or thinking he's gonna get in return for those 2. if i'm another team looking to acquire either of the 2 i'm not offering much after seeing what it took to get Rondo.

Without the need to resign Rondo, Boston can now easily keep Green if we want.  And if you think we could have gotten anything for Rondo coming off ACL surgery, you're dreaming.  And given how epically terrible some of these teams are, I'm not sure Boston could get a top 5 pick in the next draft if they traded Green, Bass and Thornton for d leaguers.

Mike

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Without the need to resign Rondo, Boston can now easily keep Green if we want.  And if you think we could have gotten anything for Rondo coming off ACL surgery, you're dreaming.  And given how epically terrible some of these teams are, I'm not sure Boston could get a top 5 pick in the next draft if they traded Green, Bass and Thornton for d leaguers.

Mike

LOL

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think it is likely going to come to fruition that the Rondo trade, as lopsided talent-wise as it seemed at first blush, is going to make the Celtics stronger in the short run.  Probably the opposite of what most of us thought in the minutes following the news.   The oft-ignored addition of Jameer Nelson upgrades the backcourt scoring capacity, and Wright adds an efficient finisher in the frontcourt and a guy who can make defenses nervous around the rim on defense.   Be very interesting to see the impact of losing Rondo's passing and to what extent Turner and Smart fill that gap. 

Unless more trades follow, lottery may not be happening this year.  We end up with 15, 25 and 31.

I don't know about Nelson, but I think the other guys will help right off.

And I agree, this team will be stronger post-Rondo.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
How much is Jeff Green worth, once he opts out-?  He's making like $9 Mil now...I think he'll get around $13-$14 Mil per season....C's should keep him if they can. He's just starting to be a Star---why let another team benefit, after all we've been through with him-?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
How much is Jeff Green worth, once he opts out-?  He's making like $9 Mil now...I think he'll get around $13-$14 Mil per season....C's should keep him if they can. He's just starting to be a Star---why let another team benefit, after all we've been through with him-?

What if Young is better?