Author Topic: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic  (Read 3909 times)

Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:03:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/20/report-multiple-teams-contacting-suns-trying-to-trade-for-goran-dragic/

Rockets will try hard to get Dragic. Not sure what they can give up though to entice PHX to trade him.

I think the Suns will try to trade Thomas, who is unhappy about coming off the bench. Even with Dragic traded, I don't think the Suns will start him and play him alongside Bledsoe.

Suns could use a SG/SF with good size to balance their lineup out.   A trade with the Kings for Stauskus and a 1st could be a decent trade for both team imo

Re: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 02:18:52 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We should trade for him. We need a quality point guard.

Lol

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I thought that Bledsoe and Dragic played really well together.  Was I wrong?  The bigger issue in regards to Phoenix, though, is why they signed a 5'9" player to be their third guard off the bench.  That makes absolutely no sense to me.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol

I thought that we had Smart for that. ;) ;D

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:59 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think the Pelicans pick should do it for Dragic. Suns probably won't get full value for him. If they trade him that means they don't think he'll re-sign and thus they'll have to adjust in the face of the same negotiation disadvantages that Ainge dealt with in dangling Rondo.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 02:27:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think the Pelicans pick should do it for Dragic. Suns probably won't get full value for him. If they trade him that means they don't think he'll re-sign and thus they'll have to adjust in the face of the same negotiation disadvantages that Ainge dealt with in dangling Rondo.

yeah. The Pelicans have some bodies that PHX cout use. For example Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon .

Dragic and Holiday backcourt would be good. Dragic and Davis would be good

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:29:51 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

yeah. The Pelicans have some bodies that PHX cout use. For example Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon .

He means Houston man. Houston. They've got Pelicans pick.

I think PHX should just keep him.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

my bad. It's 2:35 am lol

But actually the Pelicans should also try to target Dragic

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:41:43 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Talk about two guys who fell off the planet.  I can't remember the last time Eric Gordon was even mentioned.  Anywhere, lol. ;D That could be a lethal backcourt, though - him and Bledsoe.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 03:10:16 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

my bad. It's 2:35 am lol

But actually the Pelicans should also try to target Dragic

Yeah my bad I was referring to Houston.

But the Pelicans wouldn't be a bad destination if they were willing to offer Asik. Suns want a defensive big. Asik and a future 1st would probably do it. Pelicans would have to commit near max money to Dragic this summer, and so I don't think they'd do it.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We should trade for him. We need HAD a quality point guard.

Lol

Fixed it for ya, LarBrd.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 03:56:27 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I thought that Bledsoe and Dragic played really well together.  Was I wrong?  The bigger issue in regards to Phoenix, though, is why they signed a 5'9" player to be their third guard off the bench.  That makes absolutely no sense to me.

They signed him for insurance. Dragic only had a year left on his deal and Bledsoe was a RFA at the time though he ended up re-signing. Now they can afford to deal one of the 3 and still keep their two PG lineup.

Thomas was good value at only 4 yrs, 28 million. That's less than what Bradley signed for! Even those he's short and limited defensively, it's hard to find guys who can score 20 ppg for such a low price.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 05:58:19 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
Dragic is the real deal, but there's little reason the Celtics would trade for him instead of just trying to sign him in the offseason.

Getting him now just gives you Bird rights and changes the team that can offer him the best contract. He's not worth the max, anyway. He will be overpaid.

Great player, though.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 08:28:34 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Lol

I know ur joking. But I have a very hard time seeing Ainge trading for players other than rookie contracts and expirings until summer.  Dragic would require giving up assets, not getting 'em. The only exception would be if a marquee player, or very high quality center, came on the market.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)