Author Topic: The lighter side of this recent 'trade'  (Read 2990 times)

The lighter side of this recent 'trade'
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm about as negative about this ripoff as anyone you'll find on here, but, in seeing the picture from the introductory press conference, it occurred to me that these three new 'Celtics' ::) could be just what we need.  Comic relief. 

And heeeeeeeeeere they are ;D

Bachelorette number one hails from Naboo, a planet recently invaded by the Trade Federation.  He enjoys sushi and hot tubbing, anytime. ;) Introducing, Jar Jar Binks' brother, Brandan Wright!  Binks with the rejection!  Binks coming from the weak side!

Bachelorette number 2 has 99 problems, but his hair ain't one. ;) Modelling himself, but not his game, after the manimal, here's Jae Crowder!

And finally, bachelorette number 3 was so atrocious at point guard that the Dallas Mavericks finally saw him for what he is - a phantom menace. ;) When he isn't preoccupied with basketball, he finds himself routinely rejected as a South Park stand-in.  Introducing, Jameer Nelson!

Sorry for not going in order, btw, but I couldn't find separate, current, photos of each in a Celtics uniform, for obvious reasons.

So, who will Danny move first, or leave in Florida? ;) Will it be, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, or bachelorette #3? ;D

Re: The lighter side of this recent 'trade'
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
How bummed are these guys to go from playing for an exciting contender to a crappy Cs team? It's weird because if we had actually netted a decent return we might actually be happy to have them here...nobody seems happy about this.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 12:04:39 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
How bummed are these guys to go from playing for an exciting contender to a crappy Cs team? It's weird because if we had actually netted a decent return we might actually be happy to have them here...nobody seems happy about this.

Hell, they look alot happier than what we got last year from the Nets lol

;D

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So making fun of someone is the lighter side? More like twisted side of things.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 12:17:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Brandan Wright looks like a taller handsomer Popeye Jones. 

He looks like Popeye Jones had a baby with Mark Blount.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:03:16 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
So making fun of someone is the lighter side? More like twisted side of things.

Oh come on - lighten up.  It's not like they're going to be here long-term, anyway.  I just figured that someone would make the jar jar binks connection.  Are you actually excited about these guys coming here?  I am twisted, btw, but aren't we all? ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:04:05 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

;D

I don't think the bar is very high, in terms of a comparison, lol. ;D Go team! ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:59:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Star Wars prequel and The Dating Game jokes?  Got any fresh The Weakest Link material?  I wonder if Brandan Wright had any airplane food on the way over here; what's the deal with that anyway?  Do you think Nelson is in a "Jameer"oquai cover band?  Imagine him in that fuzzy hat lol.  And what's the point of a point guard?  I don't see them pointing much.  They need that hand to play basketball!  *honks bike horn twice*

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Star Wars prequel and The Dating Game jokes?  Got any fresh The Weakest Link material? I wonder if Brandan Wright had any airplane food on the way over here; what's the deal with that anyway?  Do you think Nelson is in a "Jameer"oquai cover band?  Imagine him in that fuzzy hat lol.  And what's the point of a point guard?  I don't see them pointing much.  They need that hand to play basketball!  *honks bike horn twice*

Lol, TP. ;D I never watched the weakest link, though, and I've never heard of whatever that band is supposed to be.  Oquai, is it?  I think that the only thing missing from both of our posts is, "magnets, magnets - how do they work?"  This wasn't supposed to be a serious thread, anyway.  Geesh, lol. ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:15 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 03:59:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
To be honest, though - I'm optimistic that Brad Stevens can get MORE out of these proven rotation players than DAL could.

For that, I'm encouraged.

I'm actually believing that we could get a rim protector out of Brandan.

I say this because of the recent ESPN Insider article that rated BOS as 2nd best (behind GSW) for developing talent.

Brandan is still rather young (yes he's 27, but can still be molded).

I certainly wish these three the best in BOS, but even THEY have to admit that they could never imagine being traded for a several time All-Star, multiple Defensive Teams awarded PG.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 05:19:29 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
To be honest, though - I'm optimistic that Brad Stevens can get MORE out of these proven rotation players than DAL could.

For that, I'm encouraged.

I'm actually believing that we could get a rim protector out of Brandan.

I say this because of the recent ESPN Insider article that rated BOS as 2nd best (behind GSW) for developing talent.

Brandan is still rather young (yes he's 27, but can still be molded).

I certainly wish these three the best in BOS, but even THEY have to admit that they could never imagine being traded for a several time All-Star, multiple Defensive Teams awarded PG.

Crowder hasn't played yet and he's growing on me already. Kind of a Smart/Wallace hybrid who can shoot.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 05:22:18 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

He looks like Popeye Jones had a baby with Mark Blount.

Ha ha.

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 05:38:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

;D
Brads definitely been eating good since then. Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Mark Cuban hit the jackpot with this trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLT2erau3zo

Guess who gets the whammy, LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnTbO26u9bQ

If laughter is truly the best medicine, then I'll be needing large doses of it after this trade.