Author Topic: why we need the pelicans pick  (Read 2265 times)

why we need the pelicans pick
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 The pelicans pick is going to to be very low. The pelicans are currently in the 8th seed however since sacramento,okc and phoenix has not made the playoff's yet I think it will be safe to say they will make it over the pelicans. houston currently might want to add more to their roster after dallas's special addition.
3 team trade idea
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lybmt8a

houston sends us the pelicans pick
 boston actually sends evan turner to Houston not marcus smart just wanted to show you how the money would work out.

why bosotn
this trade helps boston tank even more. we can then trad bass and thornton in some there trade.
the pelicans pick might fall in like the 7-10 range same with boston. so if we had like the 7th pick and the 10th pick we could trade down to like the 5 or 4th pick. or draft two really good prospects.
either way this helps us tank even more. The pelicans pick is however a top 3 protected only.

why phoenix
this gives them a push in the right direction. rumor has it isaih thomas wants out and they always needed a good starting sf. they get that in green. we may need to add in a late 1st round pick to even the deal like the clippers but still better then before.

why houston
well they get a third star to play along side harden and howard. they also get a good off the bench scorer in turner. this makes them much better championship contenders

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: why we need the pelicans pick
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2931
Wow, at first I thought you were really meaning Smart lol I was like  :o :o :o

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm pretty sure we could have already had this package for Rondo, but chose Dallas' offer instead. However, I would love to get the Pelicans pick and actually think it makes sense for all teams involved.

Still, though - I would like to also get back a useful player if we are trading Green, a better return than what we got for Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I'm pretty sure we could have already had this package for Rondo, but chose Dallas' offer instead. However, I would love to get the Pelicans pick and actually think it makes sense for all teams involved.

Still, though - I would like to also get back a useful player if we are trading Green, a better return than what we got for Rondo.

jeff green is also on a one year contract so it's pretty hard too.
In light of recent rumors we could also do this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lwnbvgw

even turner is really marcus smart of course
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Literally zero chance HOU trades that pick for Evan Turner.

Or Jeff Green.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Take out Papanikolaou. Green & Turner plus 3 picks (one 1st rounder & 2 seconds) to Houston for Jason Terry, Alexey Shved, Clint Capela, and the Pelican's 1st. Houston can choose between a Clips, Cavs, or Dallas 1st. 2 second Rd picks as well. Maybe the Celtics could agree to buyout Nelson an Terry so that Nelson signs with HOU, and Terry w/ Dallas (if that's possible).

Rockets lineup:

Beverley/Nelson/Canaan
Harden/Turner/Johnson
Ariza/Brewer/Papanikolaou
Green/Jones/Black
Howard/Montiejunas

Celtics lineup:

Smart/Pressey/Shved
Bradley/Thornton/Terry/(Young)
Wallace/Crowder/Young
Sully/Olynyk/Bass
Zeller/Wright/Capela

And if I'm Ainge I try trading Bass and Thornton too, to clear minutes for Pressey (Shved would still be here and can play a little PG/SG), and Young (can play minutes at SG/SF).