Author Topic: meeting mr. wright...  (Read 2346 times)

meeting mr. wright...
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
this thread is intended to be informational about brandan wright. i dont claim any original research here, but on SOSH i saw the following thread and postings. it provides THE best overview of brandan wright relevant to the celtics that i have seen.

the OP is slamminsammya, who posts pretty good stuff. based on this, and assuming it is accurate, wright appears to be an uber-athletic big man, but with interesting limitations. dallas made a system that helped him maximize his considerable talents. key seemed to have been which teammates to put on the court with him at the same time.

so for the celtics, the question, or challenge, will be to devise a system that allows wright to play to his considerable strengths while avoiding his significant limitations.

with CBS, i think it is possible.

read, enjoy, then discuss.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/87227-meet-brandan-wright/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: meeting mr. wright...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Very nice post.

TP for you.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
bricking jump shots is the new play making. LOL

That was funny comment from the guy who said 'while the Celtics do not have a playmaker like Ellis or Rondo they have a lot of players that can brick jump shots' LOL!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
this thread is intended to be informational about brandan wright. i dont claim any original research here, but on SOSH i saw the following thread and postings. it provides THE best overview of brandan wright relevant to the celtics that i have seen.

the OP is slamminsammya, who posts pretty good stuff. based on this, and assuming it is accurate, wright appears to be an uber-athletic big man, but with interesting limitations. dallas made a system that helped him maximize his considerable talents. key seemed to have been which teammates to put on the court with him at the same time.

so for the celtics, the question, or challenge, will be to devise a system that allows wright to play to his considerable strengths while avoiding his significant limitations.

with CBS, i think it is possible.

read, enjoy, then discuss.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/87227-meet-brandan-wright/

His opposing players shooting 53.7% on shots within 5 feet of the hoop is certainly good news. I wonder what Zellers number would be?

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
bricking jump shots is the new play making. LOL

That was funny comment from the guy who said 'while the Celtics do not have a playmaker like Ellis or Rondo they have a lot of players that can brick jump shots' LOL!!!
yeah, that was cute. sad, but cute.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
TP for the title, lol. ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
How many Wright threads do we need?

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
how many are there?
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
good POST !!! :o

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm so pumped about Wright. I've watched him since NC & that length always impressed me. Team guy, plays within himself, & protects the rim. I'm ecstatic that we got another piece to the big man puzzle. Actually, we got the best backup big this year.

Critics seem to think you can't get better at his age. He keeps proving them wrong.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 12:22:43 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
how many are there?
5 but I'm just being sour over losing Rondo. Your link was a nice read.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 12:27:46 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
how many are there?
5 but I'm just being sour over losing Rondo. Your link was a nice read.
thanks a tp to help you out of being sour.  :D
- Vandana Shiva