Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44821 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
All the Rondo hate (Tanguay's Army) reminds me of all the Lebron hate...  ::) 

Both are championship-caliber players, both HOF bound, not to mention every great player would love to play with either of them.  Remember: Great players need to play with great players to be truly great.

Rondo looking a bit nervous in first minutes, to be expected, but had a few great high bball IQ plays.

Rondo is HOF bound?

My bad, FUTURE Hall of Fame inductees... (as long as RR stays healthy for another 5 years or so

No, it was a legitimate question. Has he done enough to be considered that right now?

4 All Stars, 4 All Defensive Teams, 1 All NBA, led the league in Assists (2), led the league in Steals (1).

I'd say he would need a little bit more in that resume'.

You'd also have to add in his postseason play.

Welcome back BBTim.

« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Triboy is singlehandedly runing this forum, didn't know trolls were allowed to spew a bunch of nonsense  :-X
now to be fair, he's ruined more than just this forum with anti-Rondo spew.   ;)

All the things he's been saying can't do or couldn't do anymore were hard to continue to rant about after his quality of play for Dallas. 

Rondo was by no means perfect in his time here but he didn't deserve the level of venom/hatred a select handful of people would spew about him on a daily basis.

hoping he lights up every other team except the C's during the remainder of the season and the playoffs just to shut the naysayers up (not that will ever be possible)

He did deserve the criticism.  Nobody asked him to do backflips. Just backpeddle, raise the arms and contain the drive (like he did numerous times last night. Its been so long i forgot how decent he was doing it).  Not take charity from AB and Smart and have them defend your player.

« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

hoping he lights up every other team except the C's during the remainder of the season and the playoffs just to shut the naysayers up (not that will ever be possible)

You see, the naysayers are laying the groundwork for if Rondo does have success with the Mavs. If Dallas is one of the seven teams in a tough West to not reach the finals, then they can gloat about that. If he plays great(and/or they reach the finals), then they can point to the unconscionable lack of effort he displayed while a Celtic, especially lately. They're just covering their bases. It's pretty clever, actually.

I think some of the more prolific anti-Rondo posters may wanna cool it with the "Your obsession with Rondo" attacks. The obsession seems to go both ways, to say the least....

« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:33 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I will remain curious to see how ball-dominating Ellis will co-exist if the Spurs give the keys to Rondo. 

I will remain curious to see how ball-dominating Rondo will survive if he's forced to adapt to a free-flowing share-the-ball offense.  It didn't work in Boston.  Not sure why it will work in Dallas.

Rondo did play with a ball-dominating Paul Pierce for most of his career,  people seem to forget that... Rondo and Monta can play pretty well together. Remember when Danny tried to trade Ray for Monta? Those two will be unbelievable in the open court. You can add in Parsons to that as well since he's probably one of the more underrated guys when it comes to getting out in transition and finishing. Supposedly, better transition offense is one of the things Dallas hopes to accomplish with the Rondo trade - I think he'll help tremendously.

As far as him working in a share the ball offense, he seemed to try to buy in when he was here - but passing the ball to guys like Monta, Parsons, and Dirk is probably going to end in better results than passing to guys like Avery, Jeff, and Sully. I suspect that Carlisle will tweak things to fit Rondo's game in - that's what great coaches do. After halftime last night, he already adjusted and was using Rondo at the elbows and at the free throw line as a facilitator to combat the zone to pretty good success. Prior to the trade, I had watched a lot of the Mavs (I've mentioned ad nauseum that they're one of my league pass teams) and in addition to the "free flowing" stuff, they run a ton of pick and roll/pick and pop. So yeah, I think Rondo's will be a better addition offensively than you seem to be willing to acknowledge.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:56:23 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You see, the naysayers are laying the groundwork for if Rondo does have success with the Mavs. If Dallas is one of the seven teams in a tough West to not reach the finals, then they can gloat about that. If he plays great(and/or they reach the finals), then they can point to the unconscionable lack of effort he displayed while a Celtic, especially lately. They're just covering their bases. It's pretty clever, actually.

I think some of the more prolific anti-Rondo posters may wanna cool it with the "Your obsession with Rondo" attacks. The obsession seems to go both ways, to say the least....

You have unraveled the secret as to how they got the Caramel in the Caramilk bar

« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

On the other hand, some "Rondo lovers" are trying to delegitimize any criticism.

The Mavs weren't exactly a favorite to come out of the West so if they don't, and Rondo plays well, people will look silly trying to blame him.  If Rondo actually is partially responsible for the Mavs failure, like other teams using Hack-a-Rondo, what will be wrong with pointing that out?  And if Rondo clearly does play with greater defensive effort in Dallas than in Boston, what will be wrong with complaining about that?

Mike